+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 195 FirstFirst ... 19 59 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 4854

Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

Yankees need a few days off. Good timing.

NYYF Legend

It was obvious. Two outs Boone once again thought he could steal an out and use Avilan to get the third out. But Avilan immediately gave up a double and then had to stay in due to the three batter rule. So one HR later the game is toast. Boone is never going to change.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    7 inning double headers means resting more healthy players. A split is inevitable.
    Plus no reliever will be alowed to be used in both games.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Tomorrow night's game postponed. Apparently Mets have Covid problems.
    Unfortunatly that means more 7 inning DHs later in the season.
    Risking the wrath of matt2351, what a cockamamie baseball season.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    You know you can just call me Matt, right Muggs? And as I said previously, context matters. You saying this and a certain troll saying it are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    What do you expect when we have a commissioner who is a ding dong.

Can we at least call up Schmidt and Garcia so I can have a slight bit of enjoyment? They'll probably just slide Cessa into the rotation and call it a day.

Of course, the other good news is this means Happ will stay in the rotation and his $17M option will vest. Good times!

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    You know you can just call me Matt, right Muggs? And as I said previously, context matters. You saying this and a certain troll saying it are not the same thing.
    If he just called you Matt, how would we distinguish you from the other 2350 Matts?
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post

Bryan Hoch

@BryanHoch

Boone said that he did have Chad Green available today.

Managers decision.
    Iím about done with Aaron Boone.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    But he's nice! and the players like him! or something....

More importantly he is an organizational lapdog who follows orders from Cashman and his team of nerds that have zero feel for the game.

Wink Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle
    Kevin Cash is playing chess. Aaron Boone is playing Candyland.
    This. This is a signature.

I’m about done with Aaron Boone.
    You and I are normally on the same page when it comes to the Yankees. On this one we are very far apart. He’s made mistakes, of course. But we aren’t even in the same book!

NYYF HOF

Plus no reliever will be alowed to be used in both games.
    Physically incapable or is the league banning it?

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Can we at least call up Schmidt and Garcia so I can have a slight bit of enjoyment? They'll probably just slide Cessa into the rotation and call it a day.

Of course, the other good news is this means Happ will stay in the rotation and his $17M option will vest. Good times!
    It doesn't sound so good the way you laid it out.

At this point, I think Happ is the least of our problems. We got a AAA lineup and a manager who processes in-game situation very slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    But he's nice! and the players like him! or something....

More importantly he is an organizational lapdog who follows orders from Cashman and his team of nerds that have zero feel for the game.
    You’re saying “following orders“ like it’s a bad thing. I wanted for so long for the Yankees to hop on the moneyball train way back when Oakland and Tampa were the only teams doing it. They have adopted the system and it’s worked very well. If we hadn’t been plagued with injuries going back two seasons now we’d probably have a championship. Having the team be so prepared with matchups and scouting reports is amazing to me. I wish I had that job! I don’t see it as a bad thing to have a department dedicated to that and getting that data to the manager and coaches. And having them use that in-game. I’m sure it’s not 100%, and I’m sure Boone has to make decisions all throughout the game. But the numbers always work out and over time they will hit. It shows since in his first two season Boone won 100+ games with no major league managerial experience prior, with a team plagued by injury after injury, at a time when the Yankees reloaded. They dumped the year before! Cash made some amazing moves. I don’t need to list them, you know who they are. So now we have a team who is favored in the top few spots to win it all. This year and last year. We are only 3 years into the reload. How many other teams can say that? It takes most teams 5-7 to get themselves back into a competitive state after a rebuild.

Now we’re faced with more injuries. I keep saying this but everyone seems to keep overlooking or forgetting it. Our current team was built around having Severino and probably German, late in the season, to be a part of the rotation. So we’d have Cole, Tanaka, Severino, Montgomery, & Loaisiga/Happ. Could you imagine how dominating that rotation would be? Then after serving a suspension German would have been thrown in the mix. My god, that sounds like 120 wins. But injuries hurt, we lost Severino again. Covid hit and we lost German for the entire season. And yet we still have 5 starters AND 2 major league ready starters waiting. So where we are right now is about what I expected. So yeah we’re stuck with Happ. Paxton getting injured was expected. So we’re gonna have to use te depth. Losing three starters and one sucking horribly and still being able to plug in talent and not bottom-of-the-barrel guys makes me feel good about how this team was constructed.

And to end this lecture I want to point out again that the Rays are a damn good team. And they play us like it’s the playoffs series after series. They have our number. But the way the season has played out so far the Yankees are playing .780 ball against the teams they’re supposed to beat and are .500 against teams over .500. If you do that chances are you’re gonna have a great season and claim a good seed in the playoffs. So again, they are doin what I expected and hoped for.

Sorry for the novel. I do respect your posts and opinions but I have seen everyone crap all over Boone for two days, on a few platforms, and I’m getting a little passionate about it.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    If he just called you Matt, how would we distinguish you from the other 2350 Matts?
    Have you no respect for Donnie Baseball and Bernie Williams?

Have you no respect for Donnie Baseball and Bernie Williams?
    I thought it was Jeter/Ruth/DiMaggio/Martin

But I do like your choices. You got my 1&5 players.
    Mattingly, Jeter, Mo, O’Neill, Williams

NYYF Cy Young

He got outclassed by cash in this series for sure
    Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I thought it was Jeter/Ruth/DiMaggio/Martin

But I do like your choices. You got my 1&5 players.
    Mattingly, Jeter, Mo, OíNeill, Williams
    That would have worked, too. Donny was my fave growing up and Bernie was my fave of the 90s crew. I remember seeing Bernie in a 1/2 empty Yankees Stadium in 1993 and thinking he was going to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Slickman View Post
    The early returns on the new strength & conditioning team are not good.
    They definitely aren't looking good. I would have to give some sort of a pass due to covid. Also, it takes two to tango. These guys could be some of the best in the business, but if the players aren't buying into the system, it means almost nothing.

That would have worked, too. Donny was my fave growing up and Bernie was my fave of the 90s crew. I remember seeing Bernie in a 1/2 empty Yankees Stadium in 1993 and thinking he was going to be great.
    Donnie’s 1985 season made me the fan I am now. I got sucked in by the awesomeness. When he retired Bernie and O’Neill were my guys. Then Jeter and Rivera hit and moved up the ranks. I also remember OYS havin a lot of empty seats. I used to always get seats in the lower level in RF. First off, great view of the game. My favorite. Second, I got to see O’Neill and Bernie all game. Those were the days.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    Physically incapable or is the league banning it?
    No. Organizational philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Kelly View Post
    He got outclassed by cash in this series for sure
    Cash is the best manager in baseball supported by the best front office. They'll do that from time to time, no doubt. And its not all Boone, Cashman's nerds need to do better. A lot of these decisions are made by arbitrary numbers that shouldn't weigh as heavily as they do into some of these decisions. Not saying Boone is doing a great job because he's having a truly awful season more similar to his first year than last year, but there is more to it.

NYYF Legend

So the small market Rays with no money manage to still get 2 great managers in Madden and Cash. Meanwhile all we can get from Cashman is Boone.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    What do you expect when we have a commissioner who is a ding dong.
    They haven't had a top of the line and long-term commissioner since I don't know when, whereas the NFL appointed a genius in Pete Rozelle. And he gave that league a 30 year advantage that MLB has never been able to overcome.

Thread Information