+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 195 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 178 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 4854
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

So Boone is giving Cole and Tanaka an extra day of rest and going to a bullpen game against Toronto Monday....Why not move Garcia to tomorrow and go with bullpen today against a lesser opponent? Give Garcia an extra day too - there must be some crazy reason.
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    My guess is 1971 -- second guess 1970 - and looking at baseball ref would be cheating,
    Well, it has to be one of those two years because of Cater.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    I'd rather play the Ray's than the White Sox.
    Agreed. Yankees had struggles against them this year, but the whole team was struggling against everyone. Rays have crap for starting pitching. Snell is 3.05ERA/1.15 WHIP an outside of him it's pretty ugly. Glasnow and Morton are in the 4's with even higher WHIP and their offense is meh.

Yankees have Cole and Tanaka (who hopefully keeps doing what he's being doing in the post season). That's a pretty solid 1-2 punch for a short series. Garcia (3.28 ERA/ 0.98 WHIP) and Happ (3.25/ 1.06) aren't slouches either.

Heh, hard to believe but we probably have a deeper rotation than bullpen.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Triple Crown

So Boone is giving Cole and Tanaka an extra day of rest and going to a bullpen game against Toronto Monday....Why not move Garcia to tomorrow and go with bullpen today against a lesser opponent? Give Garcia an extra day too - there must be some crazy reason.
    Getting ready for post season (9 days) one more start?? Maybe. Post season spot is today.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    I'll guess 1970.
    Good guess. Actually that is the lineup for the game at Detroit exactly 50 years ago today. 9/20/1970. Which was also a Sunday.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Today @ Boston, 1pm

1. LeMahieu, 3B 2. Voit, 1B 3. Hicks, CF 4. Stanton, DH 5. Torres, SS 6. Gardner, LF (with turtleneck) 7. Frazier, RF (sans turtleneck) 8. Sanchez, C 9. Wade, 2B
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

NYYF Legend

Garcia was apparently really looking forward to pitching at Fenway Park.

NYYF Legend

No Judge and Gio. So we get more Wade today. How come Voit with his bad foot is never rested?

Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    No Judge and Gio. So we get more Wade today. How come Voit with his bad foot is never rested?
    According to Boone in last night's post game, he refused to be specific about Voit's foot injury, but did say he couldn't make it any worse like you can with a muscle injury like a hammy, calf, quad and so forth. My thoughts on Gio playing with a bone spur in his throwing elbow is something you need to manage.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Agreed. Yankees had struggles against them this year, but the whole team was struggling against everyone. Rays have crap for starting pitching. Snell is 3.05ERA/1.15 WHIP an outside of him it's pretty ugly. Glasnow and Morton are in the 4's with even higher WHIP and their offense is meh.

Yankees have Cole and Tanaka (who hopefully keeps doing what he's being doing in the post season). That's a pretty solid 1-2 punch for a short series. Garcia (3.28 ERA/ 0.98 WHIP) and Happ (3.25/ 1.06) aren't slouches either.

Heh, hard to believe but we probably have a deeper rotation than bullpen.
    The White Sox are a better overall team, BUT the Rays are probably a tougher matchup for the Yankees. Glasnow and Morton are really tough matchups for this lineup. And Snell is hit or miss. And their bullpen depth is endless which normally wouldn't be a big deal in a postseason with off-days, but there won't be off-days. And Cash is probably the best manager too, so you know he's just going to pull Nick Anderson out in any situation he needs to shut down a rally.

Their lineup also has the best approach of anyone against Cole and those are pretty close to must-win games for the Yankees every time.

All that said I'm not looking forward to Giolito and that offense, but like the matchup with Cole on the other side.

In regard to playoff opponents as a sports fan I've learned to be careful for what you ask for because you can't count on what happen in the regular season as precursor to what may happen in the playoffs too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    The White Sox are a better overall team, BUT the Rays are probably a tougher matchup for the Yankees. Glasnow and Morton are really tough matchups for this lineup. And Snell is hit or miss. And their bullpen depth is endless which normally wouldn't be a big deal in a postseason with off-days, but there won't be off-days. And Cash is probably the best manager too, so you know he's just going to pull Nick Anderson out in any situation he needs to shut down a rally.

Their lineup also has the best approach of anyone against Cole and those are pretty close to must-win games for the Yankees every time.

All that said I'm not looking forward to Giolito and that offense, but like the matchup with Cole on the other side.
    The Yankees just don't match up well against the Rays for whatever reason. It goes beyond trying to compare the rosters.

NYYF Legend

Actually since the bullpen was not needed last night today might have been the better day for a bullpen game.

NYYF Legend

Today @ Boston, 1pm

1. LeMahieu, 3B 2. Voit, 1B 3. Hicks, CF 4. Stanton, DH 5. Torres, SS 6. Gardner, LF (with turtleneck) 7. Frazier, RF (sans turtleneck) 8. Sanchez, C 9. Wade, 2B
    Haha, I prefer the 1970 lineup.

Actually since the bullpen was not needed last night today might have been the better day for a bullpen game.
    Or maybe, he wanted to give some guys another day of rest before going to a bullpen game. It's hard to know until we see how today's game play out then who they use tomorrow.

We'd still get more Wade if Voit was rested and Voit is lower risk to get an injury that would take him out of the postseason. It seems Wade will only get days off with a lefty on the mound otherwise the rest rotation will probably remain in effect which means you'll likely see Wade in there tomorrow and Tuesday too (DJ and Voit rest? Or Voit and another day for Gio or Torres?). Wednesday and Thursday with lefties on the mound are our best bets to see the A lineup. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my prediction right now.

The Yankees just don't match up well against the Rays for whatever reason. It goes beyond trying to compare the rosters.
    yea agree, even if you go beyond the rosters, their nerds are better than our nerds and they've got a lot of matchup data to analyze.

NYYF Legend

More Tyler Wade. Hooray.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    It is what it is. The yanks had a stretch where when they were injured others filling in didnít setup up and a few healthy regulars didnít do well either. Iím still hopeful of the #4 spot but if they have to travel to target field at least they have played well their the past few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    So outside of the Twins losing. The other thing to root for is the Rays losing, not because the Yankees will catch them, but if they drop to the 2nd seed, we wouldn't have to play them in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I donít wanna face the Rays in a short series. Itís gotta be 7. Anyone else is fine. Just not the Rays early.

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    I'd rather play the Ray's than the White Sox.

I agree with all these posts. I hope every one of them become true lol
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes p

Iíd guess that the KITH donít look at matchups at all when making decisions such as Bullpen Day.

Today @ Boston, 1pm

How does Frazier hit 7? Heís like the Rodney Dangerfield of the team.

Just curious is the lineup posting just for discussions or are we the only team in baseball that shuffles it so much that we need it to keep track of whoís on first?

NYYF MVP

It is not worth getting angry about. It is an occasional nod to tradition. It is the lineup for this date back in the day. People guess the year.
    Not angry. Just wonder the reason

NYYF Legend

We were due for a game like this. Deivi didnít look sharp but hopefully he learns from it and is back to dominating his next start.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    In regard to playoff opponents as a sports fan I've learned to be careful for what you ask for because you can't count on what happen in the regular season as precursor to what may happen in the playoffs too.
    Yep. I remember one year we were all hoping for the Tigers. We got them, and they beat us.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Yep. I remember one year we were all hoping for the Tigers. We got them, and they beat us.
    Yes I remember that one. A shocking outcome. An abrupt ending. The beginning of transition.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Thread Information