+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 195 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4854
  1. #4151

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Wade is bad at too many things.
    Drives me crazy when people say heís good but only as the last man on the bench, heís just not good period.

  2. #4152
    Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    28 consecutive winning seasons for the Yankees after their win tonight.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

  3. #4153
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Wow. I had no idea Bob Watson played for the Yankees. What year is this from? Iím guessing early 80s based on some of the other names?
    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    82...yes, Watson played 1st and DH
    Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Cool thanks. I was born in Ď85 so my memories start around 1991/1992.

    Remember him as GM obviously (and...AL president?) but never really thought much about him beyond that.

    Edit: Holy crap. TIL Bob Watson had a 19 year playing career with a 129 OPS+
    I also remember from one of those Scholastic sports books I had when I was a kid that he scored the one millionth run in MLB history.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  4. #4154
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Unfortunately every team above the Yankees and the Twins won tonight.

  5. #4155
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee-1 View Post
    Why do you do this? What am I misssing?
    A nod to the lineup of his youth.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  6. #4156
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Unfortunately every team above the Yankees and the Twins won tonight.
    It is what it is. The yanks had a stretch where when they were injured others filling in didnít setup up and a few healthy regulars didnít do well either. Iím still hopeful of the #4 spot but if they have to travel to target field at least they have played well their the past few seasons.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  7. #4157
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Cool thanks. I was born in Ď85 so my memories start around 1991/1992.

    Remember him as GM obviously (and...AL president?) but never really thought much about him beyond that.

    Edit: Holy crap. TIL Bob Watson had a 19 year playing career with a 129 OPS+
    I always remember bob watson from his Houston Astros days. He was a great hitter in an era before the 3 outcomes.

    But 70s was my earliest memories of baseball.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  8. #4158
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    So outside of the Twins losing. The other thing to root for is the Rays losing, not because the Yankees will catch them, but if they drop to the 2nd seed, we wouldn't have to play them in the 2nd round.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  9. #4159
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Drives me crazy when people say heís good but only as the last man on the bench, heís just not good period.
    He's got the arm of a 2B. In the last two games, he's didn't catch the ball at 1st, stupidly threw the ball to Ursh up big and threw behind him, and got thrown out stealing. What are they seeing in this guy? Call up a strong defender for the love of god.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  10. #4160
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Yeah Iíd rather go Twins, ChiSox, ?
    Them then twins, Rays, ?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  11. #4161
    Released Outright Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    I donít wanna face the Rays in a short series. Itís gotta be 7. Anyone else is fine. Just not the Rays early.

  12. #4162
    All Aboard the Cole Train!! Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Earth

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I always remember bob watson from his Houston Astros days. He was a great hitter in an era before the 3 outcomes.

    But 70s was my earliest memories of baseball.
    Bob Watson also had a cameo appearance in the original "Bad News Bears" movie.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  13. #4163
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Easy with that lineup. 1982.
    indeed sir,,,you got it
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

  14. #4164
    Death Star Fully Operational
    Join Date
    Jan 2004

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    If you read this thread, you would think the Yankees lost 8-0 last night.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

  15. #4165
    The Best Ever ! jnewmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Stax 1966

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    If you read this thread, you would think the Yankees lost 8-0 last night.
    There's always something to complain about, even after having won 10 in a row. There's no joy in Mudville.
    More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

  16. #4166
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Yeah Iíd rather go Twins, ChiSox, ?
    Them then twins, Rays, ?
    I would rather them face anyone then the Rays. They won't have to face them at the Trop in the playoffs but Yankees could not even beat them at Yankee Stadium this season. It's kind of like the reverse of Yankees/Twins.

  17. #4167
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    indeed sir,,,you got it

    Only losing season between 1973 and 1989.

  18. #4168
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    So outside of the Twins losing. The other thing to root for is the Rays losing, not because the Yankees will catch them, but if they drop to the 2nd seed, we wouldn't have to play them in the 2nd round.
    Yes. And then hope another team can knock them off before the Yankees have to play them.

  19. #4169

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    He's got the arm of a 2B. In the last two games, he's didn't catch the ball at 1st, stupidly threw the ball to Ursh up big and threw behind him, and got thrown out stealing. What are they seeing in this guy? Call up a strong defender for the love of god.
    Yea couldíve had an elite defender or an elite base runner instead very easily or even someone that could actually hit. They keep hoping Wade is both without recognizing heís clearly neither. I guess the one positive is hopefully this is eye opening for next year, theyíre too dug in now to change course this season unfortunately.

    But at least heís just getting rest days, keep the starting infield bubble wrapped until the postseason, if Tyler Wade starts a postseason game that will be sad.

  20. #4170

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by jnewmark View Post
    There's always something to complain about, even after having won 10 in a row. There's no joy in Mudville.
    At least the list is shorter for now. Wade, sloppy defense, bullpen depth, Boone decisions, Cashman. Much less than normal. And the manager and GM will be on there 100% of the time regardless of circumstances.

  21. #4171
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Today's lineup:

    Horace Clarke-2B
    Thurman Munson-C
    Roy White-LF
    Danny Cater-3B
    John Ellis-1B
    Bobby Murcer-CF
    Ron Woods-RF
    Gene Michael-SS
    Steve Kline-P

    Anyone care to guess when?

  22. #4172
    Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Today's lineup:

    Horace Clarke-2B
    Thurman Munson-C
    Roy White-LF
    Danny Cater-3B
    John Ellis-1B
    Bobby Murcer-CF
    Ron Woods-RF
    Gene Michael-SS
    Steve Kline-P

    Anyone care to guess when?
    I'll guess 1970.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

  23. #4173

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    At least the list is shorter for now. Wade, sloppy defense, bullpen depth, Boone decisions, Cashman. Much less than normal. And the manager and GM will be on there 100% of the time regardless of circumstances.
    You still have to be critical bec these teams are not the ones on the way of another WS.
    AIm higher.

    That said, it is easy to have recency bias and over criticize short term failures

  24. #4174
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Today's lineup:

    Horace Clarke-2B
    Thurman Munson-C
    Roy White-LF
    Danny Cater-3B
    John Ellis-1B
    Bobby Murcer-CF
    Ron Woods-RF
    Gene Michael-SS
    Steve Kline-P

    Anyone care to guess when?
    My guess is 1971 -- second guess 1970 - and looking at baseball ref would be cheating,
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

  25. #4175

    Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    So outside of the Twins losing. The other thing to root for is the Rays losing, not because the Yankees will catch them, but if they drop to the 2nd seed, we wouldn't have to play them in the 2nd round.
    I'd rather play the Ray's than the White Sox.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts