+ Reply to Thread
Page 159 of 195 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 169 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4854
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2020 Regular Season Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    How much gaul does it take? "You're hitting .134/.247/.339. Your OPS+ is 60. You have 17 hits and 55 strike outs. Go grab some bench."
    I agree, but typically this isn't how they've handled these situations. I'm hoping they've finally reached a breaking point with Gary.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I agree, but typically this isn't how they've handled these situations. I'm hoping they've finally reached a breaking point with Gary.
    They have to keep the 300 million man happy, no ?
    More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I think Gary will sit when Cole pitches in the playoffs. With no off days in the playoffs Gary can't catch every game so it should not be a problem to just have Higgy catch Cole.
    This!
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by jnewmark View Post
    Yeah, its like they suddenly woke up.
    Just like a normal 162 game season when teams go into slumps for an extensive time then self correct except it's a 60 game season this year.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Just like a normal 162 game season when teams go into slumps for an extensive time then self correct except it's a 60 game season this year.
    I get it but it was more like an on/off switch: they sucked, then they didn't.
    More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jnewmark View Post
    I get it but it was more like an on/off switch: they sucked, then they didn't.
    Gio and Torres coming back did kind of help things too.

Devoted Member

Selig started it and Manfred is finishing it off. The complete destruction of major and minor league baseball.
    Selig was bad, but his successor is downright vulgar.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Gio and Torres coming back did kind of help things too.
    With that performance Higgy put on last night I am sure he has sealed his fate to ride the bench now for several games.
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    With that performance Higgy put on last night I am sure he has sealed his fate to ride the bench now for several games.
    Until Cole pitches again.

And, if they are going to keep Kratz on the roster, have him catch Deivi.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

I hope they can keep starting Higgy and DH Frazier and let Sanchez stay home.

Things I'd like to see to the end of the Season:

1) Yankees become a top seed in the AL in order to host the first 3 game series in the playoffs.

2)DJ Lemahieu win an AL Batting Title.

3)Cole and Tanaka pitch the last two games of the next series with Toronto instead of the 1st two.

Torres back in the lineup. Frazier back in right, Gardy in left.
    Let the kids play.

It never fails. Day off for Judge after the first day he comes back, like they do with every single player who comes back from the IL.

Gary post-read at your own risk

I heard Kay propose an idea on GS that I think has cred.

They demand lot of their catcher besides hitting. They broke down his whole defensive posture . Basically, it has ruined his offensive game. He has had more than one outstanding season and his offense, for now, i lost.

Higgy is no Johnny Bench and will be a good sub.

Thoughts?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post
    It never fails. Day off for Judge after the first day he comes back, like they do with every single player who comes back from the IL.
    Pretty sure that was the Plan with both Judge and Stanton to ease them back in. Especially since there is no real MiLB rehab games, just simulated games at the alternate site that are glorified practice squad games.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Another factor in our favor is Cole's contract. They have so much money invested in him I think they'll want to keep him happy and put him in a position to succeed. If he says he is more comfortable throwing to Higgy, I think they'll go along with it. Hopefully.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

How is your life today ? JDPNYY's Avatar
    Waiting for the day when I will crawl away.

DJ
    Luke
    Hix
    Stanton
    Gleyber
    Gio
    Clint
    Gary
    Brett
    Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are this will save your soul or break it forever

NYYF Triple Crown

Feel bad for Higgy. The guy has the greatest night and he is on the bench. I wish he was catching tonight. I don't know if Boone is in control of the lineup but I was not surprised. Hurt Gary's feelings???

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Feel bad for Higgy. The guy has the greatest night and he is on the bench. I wish he was catching tonight. I don't know if Boone is in control of the lineup but I was not surprised. Hurt Gary's feelings???
    You're looking at recency bias. Higgy is no more the answer at catching than Romaine was.

Big pic, they have to fix Gary's offense...he can hit .230 with 25 homers and who is better at his position?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    DJ
    Luke
    Hix
    Stanton
    Gleyber
    Gio
    Clint
    Gary
    Brett
    I usually don't care that much about lineups, but I really despise Hicks 3rd. Either bat him leadoff or bat him 9th. He doesn't have the hitting skill for 3rd.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Another factor in our favor is Cole's contract. They have so much money invested in him I think they'll want to keep him happy and put him in a position to succeed. If he says he is more comfortable throwing to Higgy, I think they'll go along with it. Hopefully.
    That's what I'm thinking.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post
    With his leg injuries this season, this is the most logical thing to do. Ease him back in there this week - then go full bore the vs. Toronto and Miami next week.

Re: Gary post-read at your own risk

Quote Originally Posted by hhill View Post
    I heard Kay propose an idea on GS that I think has cred.

They demand lot of their catcher besides hitting. They broke down his whole defensive posture . Basically, it has ruined his offensive game. He has had more than one outstanding season and his offense, for now, i lost.

Higgy is no Johnny Bench and will be a good sub.

Thoughts?
    I've been saying that in the Gary Sanchez thread for a while that the attention they put on remaking his defense every offseason is contributing to his offensive decline. That along with a regularly increasing launch angle (sacrificing xBA for SLG) and an awkward leg kick are his issues. He's been trending towards this type of offensive season for a couple years now and the Yankees have done nothing to combat it they've only contributed to accelerating towards it. Leave his defense alone and focus efforts on getting back to his 2017 swing possibly with less of a leg kick.

I usually don't care that much about lineups, but I really despise Hicks 3rd. Either bat him leadoff or bat him 9th. He doesn't have the hitting skill for 3rd.
    Yea, its an awkward fit. The Yankees seem to insist on having a lefty or switch hitter in that spot or somewhere near it, but never seem interested in acquiring a capable left handed talent for that spot in the lineup. They have to pick one or the other and right now they don't have a left handed 3 hitter so, don't force Hicks into that spot.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Pretty sure that was the Plan with both Judge and Stanton to ease them back in. Especially since there is no real MiLB rehab games, just simulated games at the alternate site that are glorified practice squad games.
    Yes. This was announced earlier in the week. Stanton and Judge each get the next game off after their first appearance. Boone said Stanton might now play in consecutive games. Just glad that Gleyber is back in the lineup.

Thread Information