+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2020 Giancarlo Stanton Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Totally agree. Unfortunately Cashman is thinking otherwise.
    Who knows what the man really thinks versus what he says he thinks? For that matter, who knows what Giancarlo's health conditions really are compared to what we get told?
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Totally agree. Unfortunately Cashman is thinking otherwise.
    Yea, I'd love for Stanton to come out publicly and challenge Cashman on this. He's getting paid either way and has a no trade clause, he can say whatever he wants without consequence. Tell the world you can play the OF and it will help you stay healthy. I feel like that's the only chance Stanton is getting back into the field. Stanton really endeared himself to the fans this postseason, challenging Cashman and wanting to play the field will only earn him more respect with Yankee fans. Probably won't happen, but I'd love to see it.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Since Giancarlo has arguably proven that restricting him to DH doesn't help keep him healthy, I really believe the Yanks should put him back on the field for at least 80 games in 2021 and have backup plans for expected injuries - namely OF depth, which they already have.

IMO they need to open up the DH spot (at least for 60-80 games) for several others on the roster that can contribute offensively.
    I agree, and, hell, maybe this bench-sitting and then, suddenly, as DH, the need to run like hell, whether to1B or 2B--maybe is more of an incentive to injury than playing the OF.

Thread Information