+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2021 Renewals

Forum Regular

Re: 2021 Renewals

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    Just wondering is anyone not renewing and taking the refund?
    Refunded everything and will not renew anything. Totally out after 17 years, most at FS or close. PED's, cheating, millionaires vs. billionaires, cardboard cutout fans, make-it-up-as-you-go-rules...I'm done with athletic-themed entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    Plus we don’t even know if we will be ALLOWED to go to baseball games by April.
    I’m on fence about renewing right now. Have a week to decide.

My money is already spent. So I will renew. I've already renewed my Mets and Rangers tickets, too.

I look at it this way... There will be no baseball (as we know and expect it) in NYC until indoor dining at full capacity is permitted - at a minimum. When you consider getting to and from the game, and moving around the stadium, it gets tricky. Hell, weddings receptions with less than 75 people have resulting in Super Spreading events in Maine...

https://nypost.com/2020/08/30/maines...wedding-event/

And if there is some "reduced capacity" baseball? Well, that becomes a logistical nightmare, for many many reasons. At least baseball is outdoors... But I imagine nobody will wear masks while their drinking... and that could be all game long..

I typically don't get the OD add-on, but it might be a good way to use the bonus I won't otherwise be able to use. I have no intention of upgrading.

I honestly don't think it's gonna happen until there is a vaccine and it's been administered to the population.

NYYF Legend

I renewed figuring by next April there should be a vaccine or maybe the pandemic will die out by itself. Unfortunately living in NYC under the iron rule of Emperor Cuomo who knows what will be alowed in the Spring.

Does anyone have season tickets in the 400s behind the plate? I see some seasons for sale but I canít attend every game and donít want to get clobbered on games I canít attend.

I did not renew after 13 years. There is just no way stadium seating will open up by April, regardless of a vaccine. Why would you put down money they can hold onto for another season? I told my rep that I am done for 2021 but to reach out for 2022. They are going to have major complications with seating and keeping 51000 people from social distancing and sanitizing the ball park.

Arenas and stadiums will be a disaster for the near future. Also with the way the Yankees are, I’m sure I will get much better, cheaper seats for 2022. Sports will have major problems for a few years with live attendance especially indoor venues.

I’m really surprised by all the optimistic people here. Good luck, but know that most doctors think we won’t be ready for large crowd gatherings by next summer.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
    I did not renew after 13 years. There is just no way stadium seating will open up by April, regardless of a vaccine. Why would you put down money they can hold onto for another season? I told my rep that I am done for 2021 but to reach out for 2022. They are going to have major complications with seating and keeping 51000 people from social distancing and sanitizing the ball park.

Arenas and stadiums will be a disaster for the near future. Also with the way the Yankees are, Iím sure I will get much better, cheaper seats for 2022. Sports will have major problems for a few years with live attendance especially indoor venues.

Iím really surprised by all the optimistic people here. Good luck, but know that most doctors think we wonít be ready for large crowd gatherings by next summer.
    Have no idea about crowds but check out the NFL teams plans. More than half are going month by month. And some are actually having fans in the stands in Sept. Even indoors like New Orleans. Crazy.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Have no idea about crowds but check out the NFL teams plans. More than half are going month by month. And some are actually having fans in the stands in Sept. Even indoors like New Orleans. Crazy.
    Yeah. But none of those teams play in a state where Cuomo is the governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post

Arenas and stadiums will be a disaster for the near future. Also with the way the Yankees are, Iím sure I will get much better, cheaper seats for 2022. Sports will have major problems for a few years with live attendance especially indoor venues.

Iím really surprised by all the optimistic people here. Good luck, but know that most doctors think we wonít be ready for large crowd gatherings by next summer.
    I have decent seniority and one day when things get somewhat back to normal I can use some of the perks that I would otherwise lose. Iíve actually considered upgrading my seats with the credit and seeing what happens. I realize my money may get tied up for another season. Iím hopeful there is a vaccine by fall of 2021 and then Iíd be good for the playoffs.

Just wondering did you have full seasons or partial?

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Yeah. But none of those teams play in a state where Cuomo is the governor.
    Only NY team, the Bills, have announced no fans for the first two home games. TBD on the rest.

NYYF Legend

Only NY team, the Bills, have announced no fans for the first two home games. TBD on the rest.
    Well sure. But even if they wanted fans with restrictions they would still have to get Cuomo's ok first. That is just not going to happen.

I downgraded my plan & downgraded my seats & dropped Opening Day.

Apparently if you renew at the same or higher price by a certain date you also get a 5% credit that can be used to buy additional 2021 tickets. I assume in addition to the 10% credit that was offered if you did not take a refund. No increase and first payment due September 4th.
    I'm looking at yankees.com today and it says September 30 for the renewal bonus, not September 4th. If the renewal deadline was September 4th then why are the Yankees giving a renewal bonus until September 30th??

a) New York Yankees Season Ticket Licensees (each a "Licensee") who renew their 2021 season ticket plan of equal or higher value compared to their 2020 season ticket plan by September 30, 2020 will receive a Five Percent (5%) bonus

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    I'm looking at yankees.com today and it says September 30 for the renewal bonus, not September 4th. If the renewal deadline was September 4th then why are the Yankees giving a renewal bonus until September 30th??

a) New York Yankees Season Ticket Licensees (each a "Licensee") who renew their 2021 season ticket plan of equal or higher value compared to their 2020 season ticket plan by September 30, 2020 will receive a Five Percent (5%) bonus
    The 10 percent bonus was only if you did not take the refund for 2020. The 5 percent bonus is for people that took the refund but still renew their tickets for next season. You can't get both bonuses.

I held my nose and renewed this non essential purchase after being forced to sign a covid liability waiver. The Yankees accept no liability if you get covid at Yankee Stadium in spite of all of the "cleaning" protocols they claim to have put in place. Come on by and contract covid, not our liability or problem.

Having said that I have status with them I want to maintain. Thankfully I do not have a lot of money tied up with them. It is offensive to watch their ongoing money grab in action with them not providing a product and not willing to accept any covid liability.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post
    I held my nose and renewed this non essential purchase after being forced to sign a covid liability waiver. The Yankees accept no liability if you get covid at Yankee Stadium in spite of all of the "cleaning" protocols they claim to have put in place. Come on by and contract covid, not our liability or problem.

Having said that I have status with them I want to maintain. Thankfully I do not have a lot of money tied up with them. It is offensive to watch their ongoing money grab in action with them not providing a product and not willing to accept any covid liability.
    As far as liability I would assume all sports teams are going to do the same thing as far as waivers are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post

You already signed a Covid waiver? I would have thought that would be needed once the time comes when the stadium finally opens up to fans.
    My rep didn't make me sign one.

NYYF Triple Crown

As far as liability I would assume all sports teams are going to do the same thing as far as waivers are concerned.
    My brother-in-law in DC renewed his Nats tickets with a 50% bonus and no covid liability waiver. 50% bonus for reigning World Champs. My neighbor renewed his Mets tickets with no covid liability waiver. Unless those and other teams are waiting til the spring to see if they will have fans and then will need a waiver.

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    You already signed a Covid waiver? I would have thought that would be needed once the time comes when the stadium finally opens up to fans.
    My rep didn't make me sign one.
    https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/...rms-conditions

COVID-19 and Other Infectious and/or Communicable Diseases, Viruses, Bacteria or Illnesses

This section is an acknowledgement and express assumption of risk and release of liability in any way related to or arising from being exposed to or contracting COVID-19 (as defined by the World Health Organization) and any strains, variants, or mutations thereof, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, and/or any other communicable and/or infectious diseases, viruses, bacteria or illnesses or the causes thereof (collectively, ďCommunicable DiseaseĒ) in and around any part of the ballpark, stadium or surrounding grounds or parking areas, to which the ticket provides access. By holding this ticket, you are acknowledging and confirming on your behalf, and on behalf of any individual who uses this ticket (including any minor children), both now and in the future, that you understand and expressly assume the risk that you may be exposed to COVID-19 or other Communicable Disease

NYYF Legend

Yep. That's what I signed off on.

As far as Covid Liability, you wouldn't be able to prove a thing. If I were a lawyer for the Yankees, my first question is, "Have you left your house in the 14 days leading up to attending the game in question?"

No fizzie lifting drinks for you. You lose. Good day sir. Case dismissed.

They just don't want to pay the lawyer(s) to win a case they know they'll win.

My brother-in-law in DC renewed his Nats tickets with a 50% bonus and no covid liability waiver. 50% bonus for reigning World Champs. My neighbor renewed his Mets tickets with no covid liability waiver. Unless those and other teams are waiting til the spring to see if they will have fans and then will need a waiver.
    50% BONUS, EXCELLENT!

makes it worth taking the risk to renew

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    As far as Covid Liability, you wouldn't be able to prove a thing. If I were a lawyer for the Yankees, my first question is, "Have you left your house in the 14 days leading up to attending the game in question?"

Sure, I agree with that. But like you said. They save on attorney fees.

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post

If they were negligent, they would lose in court. With the waiver, they can be negligent and win. Attend the games at your own risk and peril.

Thread Information