+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Renewals

NYYF MVP

2021 Renewals

they are beginning to release 2021 renewals. As expected no increase. Have not heard yet what will happen with credits from rolling over refunds

Re: 2021 Renewals

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    they are beginning to release 2021 renewals. As expected no increase. Have not heard yet what will happen with credits from rolling over refunds
    also appears to be a 5% renewal bonus. is that on top of the 10% didnt take a refund bonus? I would think that these bonus's are just for extra tickets during the year or to upgrade season location

NYYF Legend

Apparently if you renew at the same or higher price by a certain date you also get a 5% credit that can be used to buy additional 2021 tickets. I assume in addition to the 10% credit that was offered if you did not take a refund. No increase and first payment due September 4th.

Tier Schedule

https://mktg.mlbstatic.com/yankees/d...r_Schedule.pdf

I assume June 19 is OTD?

why is Sat May 8 against Nats a Tier 1?

funny that the 1st Astros game is Tier 3, 2nd game is Tier 4 , and 3rd game is Tier 7

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    Tier Schedule

https://mktg.mlbstatic.com/yankees/d...r_Schedule.pdf

I assume June 19 is OTD?

why is Sat May 8 against Nats a Tier 1?

funny that the 1st Astros game is Tier 3, 2nd game is Tier 4 , and 3rd game is Tier 7
    Maybe the third Astros game will be a weekday afternoon game.

I wonder if theyll roll over YU memberships too, esp ones that included comp tickets

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Apparently if you renew at the same or higher price by a certain date you also get a 5% credit that can be used to buy additional 2021 tickets. I assume in addition to the 10% credit that was offered if you did not take a refund. No increase and first payment due September 4th.
    heard from my rep. the 5% is NOT in addition to the 10%. it is for people who took a refund earlier and are now renewing

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    heard from my rep. the 5% is NOT in addition to the 10%. it is for people who took a refund earlier and are now renewing

Just so I am understanding correctly -
    So if you took a refund for April, May and/or June & already got your money back.
    AND now decide to renew - you will still get a credit, but it will only be 5% (rather than the 10%).
    Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    Just so I am understanding correctly -
    So if you took a refund for April, May and/or June & already got your money back.
    AND now decide to renew - you will still get a credit, but it will only be 5% (rather than the 10%).
    Correct?
    Yes. that is what i was told by my rep

My tickets renew at the same cost $2,800 and I get $280 to use to buy other games.

Should I add Opening Day or is that not the right Sociallly Distancing thing to do?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by oldandintheway View Post
    Should I add Opening Day or is that not the right Sociallly Distancing thing to do?
    You should check with Emperor Cuomo first to see if fans will be allowed to attend in April.

Question for all of you -

What are your thoughts on the recent increase in crime in the Bronx? I remember going to games when I was younger in late 70s & early 80s & it was a tough walk heading back to your car after a night game. I don't like to get political here, but the city is heading toward some pretty bad times over the next few years. Plus, less & less cops out there.
    This has been weighing on me lately as to whether I renew or not. Maybe I will downgrade to Sat package so it's mostly day games.

*I'm a female & sometimes I go to games by myself (such as bobblehead night)

Just wondering what your thoughts are.

NYYF Legend

What are your thoughts on the recent increase in crime in the Bronx? I remember going to games when I was younger in late 70s & early 80s & it was a tough walk heading back to your car after a night game. I don't like to get political here, but the city is heading toward some pretty bad times over the next few years. Plus, less & less cops out there.
    This has been weighing on me lately as to whether I renew or not. Maybe I will downgrade to Sat package so it's mostly day games.

I remember the early 70s and if you took the train to YS there were always lots of police outside the Stadium on game days so it was safe. Of course 5 or 6 blocks away was a different story. I think even given the present situation the blocks immediately near YS will still be patrolled by plenty of police on game days.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I remember the early 70s and if you took the train to YS there were always lots of police outside the Stadium on game days so it was safe. Of course 5 or 6 blocks away was a different story. I think even given the present situation the blocks immediately near YS will still be patrolled by plenty of police on game days.
    Totally agree with Mike that it is safe around the Stadium these days even at night. My daughters, in their 20s, go to several games a year and take the subway back into the city with no issues.

NYYF Legend

Totally agree with Mike that it is safe around the Stadium these days even at night. My daughters, in their 20s, go to several games a year and take the subway back into the city with no issues.
    Yes. Subway definitely the best way to travel to and from the games.

NYYF Cy Young

While I agree if just going to the subway is fine, If you are REALLY worried, you can take metro north to grand central and switch to subway there, or seeing you are in NJ, walk to port authority. The train station is completely away from any buildings so would have no concerns with it being unsafe. There’s also a parking lot there away from everything if you really want to drive.

My issue is this

My Rep told me that We Must Use the Credit amount to purchase additional games in 2021

We have had a Sunday plan for 23 years and have that because , except for a bobble head giveaway game we usually don't make all of our 16 games anyway

Why the Yankee's Will Not allow the credit to remain for 2022 or give me a Yankee Store Credit is absolute Bull !!

Forcing Loyal fans to buy additional games is Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by garyfdny View Post
    My issue is this

My Rep told me that We Must Use the Credit amount to purchase additional games in 2021

We have had a Sunday plan for 23 years and have that because , except for a bobble head giveaway game we usually don't make all of our 16 games anyway

Why the Yankee's Will Not allow the credit to remain for 2022 or give me a Yankee Store Credit is absolute Bull !!

Iím most likely going to use mine to upgrade my seats.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by garyfdny View Post
    My issue is this

Agreed. Or use them to buy extra tickets and flip them and keep the cash. The 10% bonus was like free money. Certainly more than you would earn in the bank even at a place like Marcus.

Just wondering is anyone not renewing and taking the refund?

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    I renewed

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    I may not renew, have not decided yet, considering my options. Is anyone getting an "unadvertised deal" from the Yankees to encourage them to renew? Has anyone received anything better than the 10% credit?

Also, I have 2019 rain checks. Am I allowed to apply the rain check values to my 2021 renewal?

NYYF Cy Young

Iím very curious about the Yankees leniency next year with ticket trade-ins. Typically it needs to be for the same month.. but I honestly may not feel comfortable going to any April games. There will probably be a vaccine by then, but no one will know how long it lasts and how many people have it by then. By summer it (hopefully) will be known and things safe(ish) again. So can I trade in April games for July and august? I know normally that wouldnít be allowed but this is far from a normal situation and I really donít want to be stuck with too many tickets I wonít be able to use.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Iím very curious about the Yankees leniency next year with ticket trade-ins. Typically it needs to be for the same month.. but I honestly may not feel comfortable going to any April games. There will probably be a vaccine by then, but no one will know how long it lasts and how many people have it by then. By summer it (hopefully) will be known and things safe(ish) again. So can I trade in April games for July and august? I know normally that wouldnít be allowed but this is far from a normal situation and I really donít want to be stuck with too many tickets I wonít be able to use.
    Plus we donít even know if we will be ALLOWED to go to baseball games by April.
    Iím on fence about renewing right now. Have a week to decide.

Thread Information