+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: 2020 Roster Moves Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post
    For next week, right?
    Yes next week, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post
    Okay yes, picking up mLers to stash on the mL roster is not okay. You can pick up a mLer once they are called up to the major leagues.
    You should look into Monte Harrison, then.

Quote Originally Posted by miko638 View Post
    Yes next week, sorry
    For some reason it looks like Lindblom got swapped for Keuchel in the middle of this week

It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miko638 View Post
    For some reason it looks like Lindblom got swapped for Keuchel in the middle of this week
    Ugh. I'll fix.

Alright so why does it allow you to put RP in SP slots? And to clarify: I had holland, who is a starter, in the Rap slot and RPs in the SP slot? That was what got my points docked?

Oh so Valdez and Holland are listed as RP but are actually starters? I’m supposed to know they will be used as starters the week before when I lock my roster?

I’m not trying to make a big deal, dock my points or whatever you wanna do - I just want to get clear on the rules. Another person had a reliever who made a spot start, and you said those counted. Valdez was primarily used as a reliever in his career, is listed as a reliever, and has been used in both roles this year. Why does this spot start rule not apply to him?

I already dropped him, so this is for educational purposes.

Also - to the guy concerned about Derek Holland on my roster. He netted me negative 14 points (which I assume won’t be erased as the positive points Valdez got me).

Quote Originally Posted by AllRise View Post
    I’m not trying to make a big deal, dock my points or whatever you wanna do - I just want to get clear on the rules. Another person had a reliever who made a spot start, and you said those counted. Valdez was primarily used as a reliever in his career, is listed as a reliever, and has been used in both roles this year. Why does this spot start rule not apply to him?

I already dropped him, so this is for educational purposes.

Also - to the guy concerned about Derek Holland on my roster. He netted me negative 14 points (which I assume won’t be erased as the positive points Valdez got me).
    You have to look at their assigned roles. If they are on the team as a relief pitcher then they can go in the RP spot only. If they are on the roster as a starter, then they cannot go in the RP spot even if CBS gives them RP eligibility (they get eligibility based on what they did last year and a certain number of games in a particular role this year). Our league rules don't permit putting SP with RP eligibility in RP spots. They have to play their actual role on your fantasy team.

Sometimes, full-time RPs are called upon to make spot starts because of injuries or whatever. We cannot predict that and that doesn't change the player's role to SP. He's still an RP. So those points are allowed because it wasn't planned, didn't change their main role and no one could see that coming. IF you had advance notice before rosters lock that the RP was going to be used as SP for that week, then you cannot leave him in an RP spot.

Just to be clear, Valdez has not been used in a reliever role this year at all. His starts are of 4.1IP (his first game which he started), 6.1IP and 7IP.

Quote Originally Posted by AllRise View Post
    Oh so Valdez and Holland are listed as RP but are actually starters? I’m supposed to know they will be used as starters the week before when I lock my roster?
    You have to know what their roles are. For instance, Holland was slotted in as the Pirates' no. 4 starter before the season began. He has RP eligibility based on his appearances last year in that role, but his role this year is SP from the beginning. So yes, you have to know that.

Same with Valdez. He was named the Astros' 5th starter on July 22. He's a starter this year, so he has to go only in a SP slot.

Ok, I’ll be sure to check before I make any changes. For the record, Valdez has made two starts and one relief appearance this year. His August 2nd appearance against the Angels was in relief.

Actually, could you please make sure you didn’t take away the points Valdez earned me in that relief appearance? I’m not sure exactly what got altered, all I know I was forecasted to crush last week and then on the last two days my opponent made up a 60 point gap.

NYYF Legend

All Rise didn't you play in the league last year ?? this ain't new stuff lol

Thread Information