+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45 85 92 93 94 95
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2360
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: 2020 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    This wasn't even throwing a crumb. If they had heard the expedited review, it might have lost 4-4 If they wait, Barrett will be included for the fix.
    On the other hand, it's going to be a much bigger @##!% show if the vote totals are known in PA and NC and they decline to let decisive ballots count even if they were post-marked before election day.

I'm starting to think Putin has hacked the SC rather than election infrastructure.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    On the other hand, it's going to be a much bigger @##!% show if the vote totals are known in PA and NC and they decline to let decisive ballots count even if they were post-marked before election day.

I'm starting to think Putin has hacked the SC rather than election infrastructure.
    Yeah, Kavanaugh is so worried about flipping the election that he'll do it himself. It sounds like they are very likely to discount valid votes AFTER election day, and potentially AFTER we know who they are for.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

So shady....

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/n...te/6066521002/

A local judge and head of Duval County’s vote-counting board has donated repeatedly to President Trump’s re-election campaign and other Republican efforts, and his home is covered in signs supporting Trump, despite rules requiring judges like him refrain from donations or public support.

Duval County senior Judge Brent Shore has served as chairman of the canvassing board because of his role as a county judge.

Yet judicial rules bar judges from political donations of any kind.

And canvassing board rules bar members from "displaying a candidate's campaign signs."

The Division of Elections has said while campaign donations don't count as active participation, “displaying a candidate's campaign signs” would disqualify someone from serving on a canvassing board.

If Shore doesn’t resign, another Division of Elections opinion said, removing him from the board “might ultimately require judicial resolution” through a lawsuit.

A Division of Elections spokesman didn't return a request for comment.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Another great ad by team Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I hope NJ goes to all mail voting going forward. It was great - I filled out my ballot while being able to research the municipal races on my phone, sealed it in the two envelopes, and dropped it in the box outside the library. It was marked as received the next day.

Beats the hell out of deciding if I should vote at 6 AM before work or 6 PM after work.
    It's super convenient to fill it out at home while researching all of the smaller races and the propositions. We don't have nearly enough drop-off locations prior to election day, IMO, but early ballots can be dropped off at your local polling place on election day, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    It's also very telling and sad that we have two political parties and one of them is spending the entire final week of a campaign fighting to make sure as few people as possible are allowed to vote.
    It's literally the only way they can keep power, because they know they're the clear minority and that's not going to change. In fact, as the country gets younger and browner, they're going to become an even smaller minority. So they cheat, not caring that it's antithetical to the supposed principles of a country they claim to love.

They're evil.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

The current occupant of the White House May or May not have actually called servicemen "suckers" or "losers." But he’s sure trying to disenfranchise them.

NYYF Legend

I know everybody is up on how PA mail in ballot vote counting is going to make this weird, but... it's still amazing how the most likely "tipping point" state also has the least capacity to count mailed ballots on time.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...lection-night/

Some counties won't even count mail in ballots at all until Wednesday (you know, the day after Trump says that the results have to be complete or else everything is a fraud):

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2020/...on/6067403002/

Monroe County in the Pocono region also does not plan to start tabulating its more than 38,800 mail-in and absentee ballots until Wednesday. Greene, Beaver and Franklin counties also said they do not plan to tally mail-in and absentee ballots until the day after the election.
    Trump will likely lead early in the state and declare victory, and mail ballots with more Biden voters will be counted slowly over potentially multiple days. Basically, chaos is the expected outcome there - not sure what the chances are that this doesn't happen.

For a convincing win (that doesn't cause the Supreme Court to step in and disenfranchise everyone) Biden might need to get 270 without PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    I know everybody is up on how PA mail in ballot vote counting is going to make this weird, but... it's still amazing how the most likely "tipping point" state also has the least capacity to count mailed ballots on time.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...lection-night/

Some counties won't even count mail in ballots at all until Wednesday (you know, the day after Trump says that the results have to be complete or else everything is a fraud):

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2020/...on/6067403002/

Trump will likely lead early in the state and declare victory, and mail ballots with more Biden voters will be counted slowly over potentially multiple days. Basically, chaos is the expected outcome there - not sure what the chances are that this doesn't happen.

For a convincing win (that doesn't cause the Supreme Court to step in and disenfranchise everyone) Biden might need to get 270 without PA.
    PA might not be called on Tuesday, but I think the chances of Biden getting to 270 without PA are pretty good. Pick a state - NC, Georgia, Florida, Arizona, Ohio....any one of them for Biden and it's game over, and he's ahead in the polling in most of those.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    PA might not be called on Tuesday, but I think the chances of Biden getting to 270 without PA are pretty good. Pick a state - NC, Georgia, Florida, Arizona, Ohio....any one of them for Biden and it's game over, and he's ahead in the polling in most of those.
    I hope you’re right.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I don't think he'll win Georgia. Ohio and Florida are so close. I think he's got a good shot in AZ and NC. Idk. Just speculation. They're all close, but I have a good feeling here.

I'm honestly surprised that Harris will spend all day tomorrow in Texas. I have to think it's still a long shot, and her time would be better spent in NC or PA. Texas' urban areas, especially Houston, are strongly Democratic, but rural West Texas is almost solid red. (Obviously that doesn't include El Paso.)

Wouldn't it be nice if every single vote counted and we didn't have to play this game? Instead Drumpf could win Texas 51-49 and nearly half the state would be disenfranchised. The EC can get rekt.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Thread Information