+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: 2020 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    So Trump is rage-tweeting about how the upcoming election won’t be a legitimate one due to mail-in voting. This is Donald Trump’s narcissism on full display. He feels like he’s going to get his butt handed to him, and this is his built-in excuse as to why.

Remember, it is *never* his fault.
    Pre-training his cult to not listen to the rule of law. 11/4 - 1/21 could be the most dangerous time for this country since 1860.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Nah. They knew a kindred spirit when they saw one. They heard the dog whistles loud and clear and liked what they heard.
    It was a smorgasbord of the ignorant and prejudiced, including a lot of "hate them both" types who swung to Trump. Lots knew him from TV and fell for the 'we need a businessman' BS and were not put off by the racist/xenophobic trappings. And yes, a healthy dose of racists and misogynists. It took a village. Add in a healthy lot of Hillary haters. Don't overplay the racist angle. That's oversimplifying a more complex coalition.

Good thing, too. If it were only racists, he'd win this time, too.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    It was a smorgasbord of the ignorant and prejudiced, including a lot of "hate them both" types who swung to Trump. Lots knew him from TV and fell for the 'we need a businessman' BS and were not put off by the racist/xenophobic trappings. And yes, a healthy dose of racists and misogynists. It took a village. Add in a healthy lot of Hillary haters. Don't overplay the racist angle. That's oversimplifying a more complex coalition.

Good thing, too. If it were only racists, he'd win this time, too.
    Yes and no. Of course there were the people that pay no attention and just pull the lever. You'll always have some of that on both sides but I think they negate each other and I don't feel the need to bring them into the conversation.

And of course there were a variety of reasons that people gravitated to him. But, because of his Apprentice persona, I think a lot more people tuned into his rallies and whatnot than would have otherwise because they thought they would see the TV guy and not a boring politician. And they were right. And they liked what they saw. And what they saw was a white supremacy. And I'll even give them the benefit of doubt and saybe they didn't even recognize it as that but they heard a guy that they liked, a guy that they ignorantly thought was a good businessman, cheering for them - white people being supplanted by brown and black people, believing they were losing their jobs to immigrants, feeling threatened by the other.

Now they know who is though. They all know and I think he's going to get about the same number of votes. I don't think there is any complexity to why that is. I do have some hope that the recent revelations showing his total lack of regard for human life will get through to some. Maybe if you realize he murdered grandma you'd have a change of heart but I don't know. Maybe it was worth sacrificing her to hang on to that white supremacy. I stand by what I've said from the beginning that turn out is key. More people have to vote in 2020 than voted in 2016 for Biden to have a chance.
    dolly could do the allegory of the cave but plato couldn’t do jolene

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Yes and no. Of course there were the people that pay no attention and just pull the lever. You'll always have some of that on both sides but I think they negate each other and I don't feel the need to bring them into the conversation.

And of course there were a variety of reasons that people gravitated to him. But, because of his Apprentice persona, I think a lot more people tuned into his rallies and whatnot than would have otherwise because they thought they would see the TV guy and not a boring politician. And they were right. And they liked what they saw. And what they saw was a white supremacy. And I'll even give them the benefit of doubt and saybe they didn't even recognize it as that but they heard a guy that they liked, a guy that they ignorantly thought was a good businessman, cheering for them - white people being supplanted by brown and black people, believing they were losing their jobs to immigrants, feeling threatened by the other.

Now they know who is though. They all know and I think he's going to get about the same number of votes. I don't think there is any complexity to why that is. I do have some hope that the recent revelations showing his total lack of regard for human life will get through to some. Maybe if you realize he murdered grandma you'd have a change of heart but I don't know. Maybe it was worth sacrificing her to hang on to that white supremacy. I stand by what I've said from the beginning that turn out is key. More people have to vote in 2020 than voted in 2016 for Biden to have a chance.
    This time around, the racism has become loud and explicit. OK, far more loud and explicit, because is was never exactly hushed. I feel more comfortable than ever saying that it’s not possible to vote for him without considering the racism acceptable.

Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    This time around, the racism has become loud and explicit. OK, far more loud and explicit, because is was never exactly hushed. I feel more comfortable than ever saying that it’s not possible to vote for him without considering the racism acceptable.
    This!
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

NYYF Legend

https://twitter.com/steveschmidtses/...665899520?s=21

Very good point. If you are thinking the election is going to be stolen, it doesn’t matter if you vote because Trump and Barr are going to cheat then mission accomplished! That is Trump’s plan. Keep the vote totals down as that is how Republicans win. Go out and vote!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yet those who support him still don't seem to see it. It's a mystery.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Bill O'Reilly had quite a hot take on Biden's Town Hall last night.

https://twitter.com/BillOReilly/stat...736521217?s=20
    Looks to me that Biden had an idea of what the questions would be, at least areas of questioning.
    They are so far in their echo-chamber that the sheer act of a candidate being prepared, is able to process a question and answer in complete sentences arouses suspicion.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post

They are so far in their echo-chamber that the sheer act of a candidate being prepared, is able to process a question and answer in complete sentences arouses suspicion.
    Nope. Bill is gaslighting his audience.
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

NYYF Legend

Just had my emissions done and while waiting was subject to Fox News for 20 minutes. Hard to believe people believe this crap

It's really depressing.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

NYYF Legend

He's not used to candidates being prepared for questions.

I mean who ambushes a guy with hard questions like "what are your plans for your 2nd term?"
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...lenn-beck-coup

Well this is terrifying.

Conservative media is setting the stage for delegitimizing a Biden victory
    A “coup” against Trump. Postal workers stealing the election. Welcome to 2020 according to right-wing media.

On Wednesday night, Fox’s Tucker Carlson aired an interview with Darren Beattie — a disgraced former Trump administration speechwriter who was fired for associating with alt-right racists. In the interview, Beattie accuses Democrats of using a CIA playbook to launch a “coup” against the elected government.

“It’s a regime change model favored by many in our national security apparatus, particularly against Eastern European countries, to overthrow target regimes they don’t like,” Beattie said, describing this as an “operation” designed by “literally the same people ... who have a long history of using these tactics against foreign regimes they don’t like.”

That same night, Glenn Beck released a 50-minute special on YouTube and his news website, the Blaze, titled “How America Ends.” In one of his classic chalkboard presentations, Beck outlined what he sees as a plan to overthrow Trump that grew from the experience of Eastern European revolutions in the mid-2000s (so-called “color revolutions”). This scheme supposedly involves Democrats, Hollywood, a group of economists called modern monetary theorists, unions, and “the Marxist deep state.” If it succeeds, Beck warns, it will begin a new “civil war.”

Carlson and Beck are hardly alone in the conservative press. Many prominent voices and outlets on the right are all but openly claiming that a Trump defeat would be fraudulent — and that Democrats are doing their best to steal the election.

The Federalist ran an article titled “The Left Is Setting the Stage for a Coup if Trump Wins,” accusing Democrats of plotting “not exactly an 1860-style secession, state-by-state, but something more immediately disruptive.” Breitbart, echoing a Trump tweet, declared that “the November 3 election results might never be accurate.” Fox Business host Lou Dobbs warned that mail-in ballots mean that our election is under the “complete control of the postal union workers who support left-wing radical Dem candidates.”

The message of all this is obvious: Joe Biden cannot win the presidential election, and if he does, then it will be tantamount to a coup, a fraudulent result powered by fake mail-in ballots and a regime change operation. The right-wing media is hammering home Trump’s claim that “the only way we’re going to lose this election is if the election is rigged.”

NYYF Legend

All the GOP has is the stink of grievance. It's pathetic.
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Thread Information