+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ... 31 71 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2361
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2020 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Yeah, I suppose what I meant is it doesn't mean much as far as a gauge of voter turnout imo, or at least it might not.
    I think tbi j some of it is as one, the undecideds are way down and two there is a sizable in person component to the total

Drumpf says if he loses, "Maybe I'll have to leave the country."

Please.

PLEASE.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ve-the-country
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post

Please.

PLEASE.

He's babbling but under no circumstances should he be allowed to flee the country. There are crimes to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    He's babbling but under no circumstances should he be allowed to flee the country. There are crimes to be addressed.
    Wherever he is, the banks will find him.

Please.

PLEASE.

I've heard speculation that he could have a plan to avoid prosecution by going someplace where he has protection. Maybe Russia? He could even resign and leave Pence in charge while he gets away.

17 days to go and apparently the current Hail Mary pass is back to Hunter Biden. If that's all he's got left he's in big trouble. He needs a bigger and better series of false accusations if he's got any chance to convince anyone to change their minds.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I've heard speculation that he could have a plan to avoid prosecution by going someplace where he has protection. Maybe Russia? He could even resign and leave Pence in charge while he gets away.
    Snowden would finally have somebody to play Go Fish with.
    Stay "We" my friends

NYYF Legend

Please.

PLEASE.

If you read the article or watch the video he was clearly joking. He was saying he'd leave the country out of embarrassment due to losing to "the worst candidate in the history of presidential politics."
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post

17 days to go and apparently the current Hail Mary pass is back to Hunter Biden. If that's all he's got left he's in big trouble. He needs a bigger and better series of false accusations if he's got any chance to convince anyone to change their minds.
    I thin his only chance is to announce Infrastructure Week.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    If you read the article or watch the video he was clearly joking. He was saying he'd leave the country out of embarrassment due to losing to "the worst candidate in the history of presidential politics."
    All true but I think that Trump says a lot of things as jokes and those things are meant to be taken as jokes but still have an undercurrent of truth to them. He knows he is at risk of being prosecuted when he leaves office. I have no idea if that is actually going to happen (if I had to guess, I'd say no) but would it really surprise anyone if he were thinking about fleeing to avoid being indicted?
    dolly could do the allegory of the cave but plato couldn’t do jolene

NYYF Legend

All true but I think that Trump says a lot of things as jokes and those things are meant to be taken as jokes but still have an undercurrent of truth to them. He knows he is at risk of being prosecuted when he leaves office. I have no idea if that is actually going to happen (if I had to guess, I'd say no) but would it really surprise anyone if he were thinking about fleeing to avoid being indicted?
    I co-sign this thinking. He really doesn't want to room up with Cosby. However, it's probably Plan C. Plan A is pardon himself. Plan B is resign and have Pence pardon him. Thing is, Plan C is the only one that stops New York State.

Brazil needs a good golf course, has no extradition treaty with the U.S. and Bolsonaro is his friend. Beats the heck out of Russia. You saw it here first.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

I assume he was also joking with yesterday's Proclamation on on National Character Counts Week, 2020 [sic].

The foundation of any free and virtuous society is the moral character of its people. Personal responsibility, integrity, and the other values which define our unique American spirit underpin our system of self-government and inspire us to continue working toward a more perfect Union. As we observe National Character Counts Week, we think of the special individuals in our lives who exemplify the character qualities to which we all aspire. In looking to these examples of honor and virtue, we recognize that character is a learned attribute acquired through consistent, purposeful action, not an inherent trait. We must resolve to build lives and communities grounded in moral clarity in order to strengthen ourselves, our families, our communities, and our Nation.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow
    Person, woman, man, camera, TV

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I assume he was also joking with yesterday's Proclamation on on National Character Counts Week, 2020 [sic].
    Now, THAT'S funny....
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

Bush wasn't prosecuted, what has Trump done that's worse than starting the Iraq war? I can't see the precedent being set.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Lol.. now that would confuse him

Bush wasn't prosecuted, what has Trump done that's worse than starting the Iraq war? I can't see the precedent being set.
    I wasn't even thinking about the crimes against humanity of which he is certainly guilty. We have proven that as a country we don't care. Maybe he will face consequences for things he did as president such as obstruction of justice or lying to fed investigators but I mostly meant the every day crimes of Trump Inc.. Tax evasion and tax fraud, sexual harassment, bank and insurance fraud, falsifying business records, things that Cy Vance has referred to as “extensive and protracted criminal conduct at the Trump Organization”. Trump is a crook. Maybe he'll get away with it. Maybe not.

Worse morally? Very probably not. More obviously illegal? Lots.

NYYF Legend

Worse morally? Very probably not. More obviously illegal? Lots.
    Worse as in actual ramifications to humanity. Not feelings.
    Calmer than you are

I wasn’t talking about either one. I was talking about legality.

He also has an ongoing matter with E.Jean Carroll.

Yeah, I read that before I posted the article. I'm not sure why CP would think otherwise. It's still a lovely thought, though you're right that answering for his crimes would be preferable.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Big day in Qanon land. JFK Jr is going to be introduced as Trump’s new running mate.

And that’s the most sane part of “what’s about to happen”, starting with the Dallas rally.

NYYF Legend

I will be very shocked if he spends a single day in jail. Surprised if anything more than a fine

NYYF Legend

As for illegal, most likely tax fraud. But I’d guess the likelihood he spends time in jail for that is small, probably a large fine situation instead.

As for possible war crimes like Bush, I doubt it unless he does something really stupid if he loses the election.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Triple Crown

Yes, but he would have at least 10,000+ lawsuits facing him when he’s done

Thread Information