+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: MLB Season set to resume July 23/24

Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post
    Right, that's exactly what it becomes, but we keep our format. Problem with division winners with an 8 week schedule, is that not everyone will play everyone from another division. Then you're just relying on luck and chance that you don't end up playing the best team in the other division. Because you only play 4 teams out of the 5. How do you decide which one gets skipped? How is that fair?
    i only mentioned it because you were discussing records with Eric earlier and they are useless with this format. Again, not a complaint, just making sure everyone understands that your record will be meaningless. I am totally cool with that. In fact I prefer it. In such a short season it seems that how you perform all 8 or 9 weeks should decide where you are rather than having horrible luck bounce you after two or three weeks.

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post
    Right, that's exactly what it becomes, but we keep our format. Problem with division winners with an 8 week schedule, is that not everyone will play everyone from another division. Then you're just relying on luck and chance that you don't end up playing the best team in the other division. Because you only play 4 teams out of the 5. How do you decide which one gets skipped? How is that fair?
    I mean even MLB is doing it wonky. You have teams competing against each other for the WC that will have ZERO common opponents. Itís A crazy year and thereís no good answer to it.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
    World's Greatest Yankee Blog

Kicking the Grim Reaper's Ass Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    i only mentioned it because you were discussing records with Eric earlier and they are useless with this format. Again, not a complaint, just making sure everyone understands that your record will be meaningless. I am totally cool with that. In fact I prefer it. In such a short season it seems that how you perform all 8 or 9 weeks should decide where you are rather than having horrible luck bounce you after two or three weeks.
    Right, so you can go (0-8) and make the playoffs if you're the highest or second highest scoring team.

Thread Information