+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    This is all a brave new world. As guys show up this week from all over the world, there will be countless COVID cases, plus guys that opt out. Even if the season starts, no one knows what lineups and rotations will look like.
    I still doubt they actually play a season.

NYYF Legend

Re: Baseball negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I still doubt they actually play a season.
    And I say it is not a lock they START a season

Make it a 4-inning game. That would do it.
    I was say gonna 7 innings. If we want baseball to survive for the future its an idea. I also think the the regular season should end on labor day.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    And I say it is not a lock they START a season
    I agree.

NYYF Cy Young

How does Cuomo’s travel quarantine play into things? No one from Florida is allowed in NY without quarantining. Yet the Yankees and Mets are playing TB and Miami. How will that work?

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    This is all a brave new world. As guys show up this week from all over the world, there will be countless COVID cases, plus guys that opt out. Even if the season starts, no one knows what lineups and rotations will look like.
    All of that and unfortunately very few will care. The rule changes they have put in place is a disgrace to the game. What's next,wood bats being replaced by composite bbcor. If this season gets off the ground it likely will come to a sudden stop benefiting teams resetting salary cap. The best course for baseball is to wait and resume in 2021 if possible.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks1026 View Post
    I was say gonna 7 innings. If we want baseball to survive for the future its an idea. I also think the the regular season should end on labor day.
    Thinking outside the box, I think if you combine a 7-inning game with the traditional rules for extra inning contests, it will change the game completely and for the better (IMO). The players' union would probably object since it will affect salaries & rosters, but I'm sure there would be some sort of bargaining chip that could be added to the proposal to make it enticing.

Also, 32 teams, balanced schedules, 144-game season and an expanded playoff format to allow for postseason baseball in September & October seems worth exploring
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Thinking outside the box, I think if you combine a 7-inning game with the traditional rules for extra inning contests, it will change the game completely and for the better (IMO). The players' union would probably object since it will affect salaries & rosters, but I'm sure there would be some sort of bargaining chip that could be added to the proposal to make it enticing.

Also, 32 teams, balanced schedules, 144-game season and an expanded playoff format to allow for postseason baseball in September & October seems worth exploring
    Thank you someone who understands!. 7 innings, normal extra innings. They will never do it but most games would probably be over in about 2 hours or so. It would also help eliminate the need for 9 million pitching changes.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    First off, good to see you here.

Second, totally agree with you that while I'm a bit miffed at baseball I can't lie to myself and say I'm not excited that it is firing back up (presuming it actually does). I think people will come around once Cole starts striking out 12 a game, Judge starts hitting 450 bombs, etc.
    thanks man! Glad to be here. Glad baseball is coming back.

I agree. People will come around. I understand the frustration. I was there until the moment I heard there was a season. Up until that point I was just annoyed at both sides. We all come around. We can’t help it, we all love the game!
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Take that nonsense to Just Conversation. There are people there who would like you to share your opinions.
    if I have to take it there everyone does. Not just one side, bud!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    if I have to take it there everyone does. Not just one side, bud!
    I think we’d like quarantine political stuff in JC
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I think we’d like quarantine political stuff in JC
    Of course. I agree. But if someone is gonna take a shot it’s not going to go unanswered. If I hadn’t said anything no one else would have said a word. It goes both ways, right?

NYYF Legend

Of course. I agree. But if someone is gonna take a shot it’s not going to go unanswered. If I hadn’t said anything no one else would have said a word. It goes both ways, right?
    It spills over here on occasion but I personally try to keep the political separate from the baseball discussion.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    It spills over here on occasion but I personally try to keep the political separate from the baseball discussion.
    I promise to do the same and I’ll never start anything. But I’m not going to sit here and be told I can’t say anything when others have free reign. So far four people have said something to me but the original post got zero pushback.

I promise to do the same and I’ll never start anything. But I’m not going to sit here and be told I can’t say anything when others have free reign. So far four people have said something to me but the original post got zero pushback.
    “Free rein.” That gets pushback from me.

“Free rein.” That gets pushback from me.
    Yawn.

NYYF Legend

If this was at me, you literally said “MAGA2020” in a baseball thread, which is why I told you there was a place for that. It deserved no pushback. I rubbed your nose in it, because you took a dump in the wrong thread.
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Yawn.
    Speak English, man. I don’t think that’s asking too much.

If this was at me, you literally said “MAGA2020” in a baseball thread, which is why I told you there was a place for that. It deserved no pushback. I rubbed your nose in it, because you took a dump in the wrong thread.
    nah man, get over yourself. It had nothing to do with your post.

Speak English, man. I don’t think that’s asking too much.
    ::::burp:::::

::::burp:::::
    You force me to bring out the heavy artillery.

You force me to bring out the heavy artillery.

ok that made me laugh for like a minute. Nice.

[Moderator]

First......yes, please, let's keep the political discussion where it belongs.

But second, if you have issues with someone crossing the line, either report the post formally or shoot me an IM. Don't try to self-police within the thread. It just clutters things up and makes people angry and forces Dr John to post Kingswing. And, there's no place for that.

Not singling you out, ojo. I was just using your post as a means to put on my Moderator hat. Everybody behave, okay?

[/Moderator]

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    [Moderator]

But second, if you have issues with someone crossing the line, either report the post formally or shoot me an IM. Don't try to self-police within the thread. It just clutters things up and makes people angry and forces Dr John to post Kingswing. And, there's no place for that.

Not singling you out, ojo. I was just using your post as a means to put on my Moderator hat. Everybody behave, okay?

[/Moderator]
    It didn’t have to be Kingswing. Anything on the Minus Records label would have been fine. Actually, terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    [Moderator]

[/Moderator]
    Well I don’t report people and I’m not about to start now. I was actually performing a test because even though I’ve been quiet I’ve seen many shots taken at the president all throughout the forum. and no one seems to care. I wrote 1 reply and the mob swarmed. Which is what I expected but it’s not right. At all. But some folks won’t even acknowledge what happened which makes it even more irritating. But it seems like it’s par for the course on this site and has been for almost four years. Which is why I took a break. I’ll go back to being quiet.

Thread Information