+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
    Devoted Member

Re: MLB CoronaVirus Ticket Refunds

Does anybody know the current status of the class action suit against StubHub?

There is no doubt that they cannot change their polices after the tickets have been sold, but that is exactly what they did. So, no question that they are wrong. I am just wondering if the suit will really do anything or if it was just for show and SubHub will get away with it.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

So are the yankees refunding entire plans now or still doing the month by month thing?? I was holding off on a refund of my plan to just wait for one big payment. Sent an email to my rep just now but seeing if anyone here had info already

Thanks in advance

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBX31 View Post
    So are the yankees refunding entire plans now or still doing the month by month thing?? I was holding off on a refund of my plan to just wait for one big payment. Sent an email to my rep just now but seeing if anyone here had info already

Thanks in advance
    Still no clear direction. I messaged my rep. I got refunds for April and May already. I'm not sure what the hold-up is unless its cash flow.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85 View Post
    Still no clear direction. I messaged my rep. I got refunds for April and May already. I'm not sure what the hold-up is unless its cash flow.
    Has attendance at games been ruled out? I know it has not been stated that it was allowed, but I havenít seen anything that the State has said ďno attendance at sporting events.Ē

I am, however, not a New York resident.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Has attendance at games been ruled out? I know it has not been stated that it was allowed, but I havenít seen anything that the State has said ďno attendance at sporting events.Ē

I am, however, not a New York resident.
    New York State has four stages of re-opening. Stage 4, the last stage, would allow large public gatherings -and even then, the governor has stated "No movie theaters; no malls" for Stage 4. Stage 4 gatherings are limited to 50 persons, which rules out games. New York City is in Stage 2, and will move to Stage 3 next week. New York State has 10 geographic regions, each of which can be in their own stage. New York City is its own region. It is in last place, due to population density and how people get around, coupled with the large number of cases in the region. For what it's worth, New Jersey has postponed indoor dining indefinitely.

Everyone in power knows that there will be no games at Yankee Stadium where the public can enter in a significant quantity to make it worthwhile to open. Same for Citi. Same for the Garden. But lets talk logistics here...
    1. If the stadium / arena is already "sold out", or close to it, how do you determine who goes if attendance is limited?
    2. What if you paid for a $500 seat, but cannot sit there in order to social distance?
    3. How does one social distance while waiting on line for the lav?
    4. Can you open concession stands? If not, it might not be economically worth it for the team to open without those sales? A lot of money is made on those $15 draught beers.
    5. How do you manage ingress and egress and social distance? Let one person leave every three seconds? It will take hours to empty the ballpark.
    6. How do you get to the game? How does everyone get home after the game? The subways are usually packed after a game. Can't social distance there.

I firmly believe those in the know realize they cannot have fans in attendance this season without putting the population at risk. But they won't say it, because there's always a chance... even if it's less than 0.01%. And if there is hope, the teams have a reason to hold on to your money, and the politicians can delay the bad news... just like your flight or cruise isn't "cancelled" until it sail-away date passes...

I firmly believe there will be no fans in attendance in New York City until there is a vaccine, and it's been administered to the population.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    New York State has four stages of re-opening. Stage 4, the last stage, would allow large public gatherings -and even then, the governor has stated "No movie theaters; no malls" for Stage 4. Stage 4 gatherings are limited to 50 persons, which rules out games. New York City is in Stage 2, and will move to Stage 3 next week. New York State has 10 geographic regions, each of which can be in their own stage. New York City is its own region. It is in last place, due to population density and how people get around, coupled with the large number of cases in the region. For what it's worth, New Jersey has postponed indoor dining indefinitely.

Everyone in power knows that there will be no games at Yankee Stadium where the public can enter in a significant quantity to make it worthwhile to open. Same for Citi. Same for the Garden. But lets talk logistics here...
    1. If the stadium / arena is already "sold out", or close to it, how do you determine who goes if attendance is limited?
    2. What if you paid for a $500 seat, but cannot sit there in order to social distance?
    3. How does one social distance while waiting on line for the lav?
    4. Can you open concession stands? If not, it might not be economically worth it for the team to open without those sales? A lot of money is made on those $15 draught beers.
    5. How do you manage ingress and egress and social distance? Let one person leave every three seconds? It will take hours to empty the ballpark.
    6. How do you get to the game? How does everyone get home after the game? The subways are usually packed after a game. Can't social distance there.

I firmly believe those in the know realize they cannot have fans in attendance this season without putting the population at risk. But they won't say it, because there's always a chance... even if it's less than 0.01%. And if there is hope, the teams have a reason to hold on to your money, and the politicians can delay the bad news... just like your flight or cruise isn't "cancelled" until it sail-away date passes...

I firmly believe there will be no fans in attendance in New York City until there is a vaccine, and it's been administered to the population.
    Great Analysis. I hear that the Astros and Rangers are planning to allow fans. Lets see how they answer the questions you pose

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee-1 View Post
    Great Analysis. I hear that the Astros and Rangers are planning to allow fans. Lets see how they answer the questions you pose
    The Astros have to, otherwise the trash can banging would be way too loud!

NYYF MVP

The Yankees now providing refunds for games thru June. I guess they will go month by month instad of refunding for full season now.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/fans/update

NYYF MVP

Red Sox refunding all games for the season

All tickets previously purchased for the 2020 season will no longer be valid. The Red Sox are offering ticket holders the opportunity for refunds or credits for all originally scheduled 2020 games at Fenway Park.

Fans who purchased individual game tickets directly from the Red Sox will have two options:

Receive a full refund
    Receive a credit to their account which can be used during the 2021 season.
    Season Ticket Holders will have the option of receiving a credit towards 2021 season ticket renewals or additional single game tickets in 2021. Those Season Ticket Holders who choose a credit will receive a 10% bonus credit incremental to the total dollar amount of their season ticket for the 2020 season.

I saw the Rockies are issuing refunds for the entire season as well. Meanwhile the Yankees continue with the slow pay option. Not a surprise given their history but still disappointing.

@KenDavidoff: The #Yankees and #Mets continue to trail the #RedSox when it comes to ticket issues in this crazy 2020. Our story here: https://bit.ly/2VHDGyZ

NYYF MVP

This may explain why they are dragging their feet. Seems awfully optimistic to me

https://www.si.com/mlb/yankees/news/...tadium-in-2020

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    This may explain why they are dragging their feet. Seems awfully optimistic to me

https://www.si.com/mlb/yankees/news/...tadium-in-2020
    You've got it backwards

He is saying that so he can hold on to the money knowing full well there won't be fans

They will never have to refund tickets for August and September. Invoices for 2021 will be due starting in September. The remaining balance for this season will be applied to 2021. The Yankees have our money in perpetuity.

My rep got back to me after the email went out but yeah seems that month to month thing is in play still unfortunately.

bxboy might be onto something because my rep seemed to be putting out a feeler with me and was asking me already about how i'm feeling in terms of reupping for next season

I haven't taken the refunds as I will likely re-up and will take the 10%

i have not heard anything from my rep at all , but if I did, I would indicate that I was not likely to reup so their model would point to lowering prices. I assume that since i didnt put in for refund, they figure I will be re-upping

I suspect that even next year, they might not allow full attendance and I'm hoping we dont have to 'use' all our tickets. my game is simply to break even on regular season and then essentially go to post season games for free via xtra strips and pre sale resales. worked out in the past, but very uncertain moving forward

I was reading the 10% policy on the Yankees website & it sounds a bit weird - sounds like they built in a lot of limits to how you can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post
    They will never have to refund tickets for August and September. Invoices for 2021 will be due starting in September. The remaining balance for this season will be applied to 2021. The Yankees have our money in perpetuity.
    I am happy baseball is back but I will be watching at home.

I have advised Yankees management that I want as long as possible to make a decision about buying 2021 tickets. I need information not available to anyone now in order to make my decision to renew or not. For example, will there be a vaccine before 2021 opening day, is StubHub in business in March 2021, has there been a second COVID-19 wave in the summer/fall/winter, etc. I want until March 2021 to decide about renewal, if March 2021 is not feasible, then February 2021. I advised them I want them to hold my current seat location until then. If they ask me to renew in August/September then I will not renew. Why buy and pay for 81 games when there may not be fans at Yankee Stadium in 2021? If there are fans in Yankee Stadium in 2021 then, without a vaccine, attendance will be way down (Hal Steinbrenner recently said, "in the 20-30 percent [capacity] range, hopefully, at first") which will mean the resale market may have an over supply of tickets and lower prices. In addition the Yankees will be selling discounted single game tickets (The usual $4.15 for tax day, $5.00 games, $5.01 for Levi's day, MC buy two get two, Yankees Universe, etc.) and Yankees dynamic pricing may mean decreasing prices as 2021 game days approach.

I recommend other season tickets holders ask for the latest possible renewal date also.

NYYF MVP

Yankees announced that all games for the season are considered impacted. One can receive a refund or rollover to next year with a 10% bump.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/fans/upd...474-1342144114

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Yankees announced that all games for the season are considered impacted. One can receive a refund or rollover to next year with a 10% bump.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/fans/upd...474-1342144114
    Other teams have been sending out emails to STH'ers with details also. Mets letter says renewal ticket prices remain unchanged and the 2021 renewal ticket info will be loaded into the accounts shortly. If NYS allows fans in the stands the Season ticket holders will be contacted first for 2020 games.

NYYF MVP

I had tickets for the Yankees@Pirates in June. The Pirates sent refunds today, the first day they are doing so

Red Sox refunded us all the money. In fact they let us keep half the money in the account with an additional 10% and let us cash out the rest (downgrading from 4 seats to 2).

Feel for you Yankees season ticket holders.

Thread Information