+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76
  1. #1
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020


    What is something that, seemingly, everyone has done that you've never done?
    Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are this will save your soul or break it forever

  2. #2
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Travel outside the United States.

  3. #3
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Join facebook
    "Big John's been drinking since the river took Emmy Lou." - Neil Young

  4. #4

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Root for the Yankees.

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Held a baby.

  6. #6
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    I have never purposely inhaled smoke.
    Let the kids play.

  7. #7
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Watched Game of Thrones
    2020 - When will the show go on?

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

  8. #8
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Watched Game of Thrones
    Me neither. Similarly, I have never seen a Star Wars movie.
    Let the kids play.

  9. #9
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Facebook and Twitter.

  10. #10
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Rode on a motorcycle.

    "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Ski on a hard, frozen inclined surface. Soft, liquid and flat I can do.

    Note: All of the preceding I have done.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Root for the Yankees.
    Minus 10

  13. #13
    1 billion = 1 thousand million Texsahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    I've never played a console, desktop, or laptop video game.

  14. #14
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    I never saw the movie, “Titanic.”
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

  15. #15
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Me neither. Similarly, I have never seen a Star Wars movie.
    Funny you should mention star wars. We just rewatched the entire series during this little social distancing thing.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  16. #16
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Join facebook
    You and me both
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  17. #17
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Any of the internet challenges, from cinnamon forward.

  18. #18
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I've never played a console, desktop, or laptop video game.
    Really? Coleco Football, Pac-Man, Space Invaders, Gallaga, Leisure Suit Larry, PlayStation... do you just not have any interest in that kind of entertainment?
    Let the kids play.

  19. #19
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Any of the internet challenges, from cinnamon forward.
    I don’t even know what this means.
    Let the kids play.

  20. #20
    1 billion = 1 thousand million Texsahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Really? Coleco Football, Pac-Man, Space Invaders, Gallaga, Leisure Suit Larry, PlayStation... do you just not have any interest in that kind of entertainment?
    Nope. I've played a few phone games like words with friends type but that's it. Never had any interest. Give me a pinball machine though.....

  21. #21
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Scotland

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Travel to the US, plus never been or taken part in any karaoke sessions..

  22. #22
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Nope. I've played a few phone games like words with friends type but that's it. Never had any interest. Give me a pinball machine though.....
    Pinball rules. A mention of pinball brings on the famous JDPNYY true pinball story:

    When I was a kid (back in the late 60's, early 70's) I was really good at pinball. I had the greatest thing going back then. It used to cost a dime for one game & a quarter for 3 games. I would rush to the candy store (where they had 2 pinball machines) after school drop a dime and play for about an hour or so on that same dime, winning game after game. Ahhhhh, that wonderful "POP" sound every time you won a game. I never lost.

    After I got tired of playing & winning there would normally be a line of kids waiting to play. I would have won the maximum games you could win (12). I'd offer those 12 games to anyone for a quarter (a good deal). Then I'd take that quarter & buy a candy bar (for a nickle) and a bottle of coke (for a dime). What did that leave me with? You guessed it - a dime for tomorrow's pinball game.
    Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are this will save your soul or break it forever

  23. #23

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Pinball rules. A mention of pinball brings on the famous JDPNYY true pinball story:

    When I was a kid (back in the late 60's, early 70's) I was really good at pinball. I had the greatest thing going back then. It used to cost a dime for one game & a quarter for 3 games. I would rush to the candy store (where they had 2 pinball machines) after school drop a dime and play for about an hour or so on that same dime, winning game after game. Ahhhhh, that wonderful "POP" sound every time you won a game. I never lost.

    After I got tired of playing & winning there would normally be a line of kids waiting to play. I would have won the maximum games you could win (12). I'd offer those 12 games to anyone for a quarter (a good deal). Then I'd take that quarter & buy a candy bar (for a nickle) and a bottle of coke (for a dime). What did that leave me with? You guessed it - a dime for tomorrow's pinball game.
    I was never that good, but used to jump on the pinball machine that we had at local store. This was back in the 70's, and I don't know what it was that caused this, but every time Pinball Wizard played on the radio, whoever was playing pinball at that time would start playing out of their minds.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

  24. #24

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Smoked pot. Actually any drug use outside of prescriptions.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

  25. #25
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philly Burbs

    Re: JDPNYY's 2020 Question of the day #6 - Friday 3/27/2020

    Drive a stick shift vehicle.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts