+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 35 36 37 38

Thread: Covid-19

Re: Covid-19

Fever came down with aspirin. Iím not showing other symptoms - not yet, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Given his health history, him getting it isn't good at all. Sad news. The man is a national treasure.

our wedding song:

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Fever came down with aspirin. Iím not showing other symptoms - not yet, at least.
    Strange times when I'm wishing you just a routine disease
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Here's hoping it goes away.
    Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are this will save your soul or break it forever

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Strange times when I'm wishing you just a routine disease
    You're a routine disease.

(Feel better, John.)
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I think he was talking about the Geffen yacht post. Not sure.
    Right.

It's mind boggling.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    I was at a grocery store early today. The opening hours are reserved for the older folks and those immune-compromised. I was in the throng of people waiting when this young guy comes walking up. Pushes his way through the crowd until he eventually makes his way to the front. Big mistake as there were a couple of BIG Vietnam vets at the front of the line. They beat him back and threw him into the parking lot. Five minutes later, he tries it again only he doesn't get that far as a couple of ladies in the crowd stopped him and started hitting them with their purses. Five minutes later, he tries a THIRD time. This time he got everyone's attention by saying "If you don't let me through, I can't open the store!"

I'm here all week...
    I bet from now on (if he's still able to walk) he announces as he's coming through that he's the store manager. Poor guy. There should probably be a well marked employee only entrance. That could go a long way towards avoiding beat downs.
    Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are this will save your soul or break it forever

I woke up this morning with a 100.2 fever. Itís gone down now, with aspirin, but Iím trying to get a test. Healthcare worker over 60 with diabetes, I should be able to get one.
    Scary stuff. Fingers crossed. Stay well.
    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk
    I can't imagine doing work like these people on the front lines, even if they are young and healthy and have the PPE. God love 'em.
    This can't said often enough, or loudly enough. Heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk
    I was at a grocery store early today. The opening hours are reserved for the older folks and those immune-compromised.
    I have a 30-ish friend who received a kidney transplant about a year ago. He went to the store the other day during the elderly/compromised window, and got the stink eye from just about everybody in the place. While he definitely SHOULD take advantage, he doesn't think he'll go back except during the time periods where the great unwashed are allowed in.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Iím going tomorrow but have already been warned that the elderly are clogging up the registers by 7:00, so Iíll go at 6:45 and get a head start on the rest of the shoppers who have to wait until 7:00 to enter....at least in theory.
    Let the kids play.

I was sent by my dear wife to get her yogurt on Saturday morning. I got to ShopRite shortly after 6AM. There was hardly anyone there.

Our schools are officially closed for the rest of the year, and the governor is expected to announce a stay home order that will start tomorrow at 5pm.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Our schools are officially closed for the rest of the year, and the governor is expected to announce a stay home order that will start tomorrow at 5pm.
    Your governor has really been dragging his feet... and being an ass about it too. Glad heís finally coming to his senses.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Your governor has really been dragging his feet... and being an ass about it too. Glad he’s finally coming to his senses.
    Yeah, Ducey is Douche-y.

Seriously I loathe him. He's pretty much always an ass. There were tons of people giving him hell to shut things down. He finally listened.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Yeah, Ducey is Douche-y.

Seriously I loathe him. He's pretty much always an ass. There were tons of people giving him hell to shut things down. He finally listened.
    Could be worse. Could be Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    A slogan for the entire nation.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Low bar.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I bet from now on (if he's still able to walk) he announces as he's coming through that he's the store manager. Poor guy. There should probably be a well marked employee only entrance. That could go a long way towards avoiding beat downs.

Wait! What???

The correct response to this is "Is that all you've got. Bird imitations?"
    Ask me about my groin pull.

Hope is eternal

CNN’s Chris Cuomo, brother of NY Governor Andrew, diagnosed with COVID-19. Will continue to broadcast
    Last edited by YankeePride1967; Yesterday at 12:01 PM.
    anyone but Trump

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    CNNís Chris Cuomo, brother of NYC Mayor Andrew, diagnosed with COVID-19. Will continue to broadcast
    Geez! And he was arguing with Dr. Fauci that he wanted to keep his very elderly mother at home

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    CNNís Chris Cuomo, brother of NYC Mayor Andrew, diagnosed with COVID-19. Will continue to broadcast
    Andrew not the mayor of NYC. He is the governor of New York State.

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Andrew not the mayor of NYC. He is the governor of New York State.
    Correct, meant Governor. DeBlasio was talking on the TV when I posted
    anyone but Trump

Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Geez! And he was arguing with Dr. Fauci that he wanted to keep his very elderly mother at home
    Maybe, she'll listen to him now as he's been broadcasting from home since last week.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

NYYF Legend

Apologies if this is old news:

President George W. Bush presented the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Dr. Anthony Fauci in 2008. These are Mr. Bush's remarks:
    ďThe man who would lead the fight against this dreaded disease (AIDS) came from an Italian American family in Brooklyn. Even as a boy, Tony was distinguished by his courage. In a neighborhood full of Brooklyn Dodgers fans -- (laughter) -- he rooted for the Yankees. (Laughter.) Tony earned a full scholarship to Regis High School, a Jesuit school in Manhattan. And he still quotes what he learned from Jesuit teaching: "Precision of thought, economy of expression." And now you know why he never ran for public office. (Laughter.)

Those who know Tony do admit one flaw: sometimes he forgets to stop working. He regularly puts in 80-hour weeks. And from time to time, he's even found notes on his windshield left by coworkers that say things like, "Go home. You're making me feel guilty." (Laughter.) A friend once commented that Tony was so obsessed with work that his wife must be a pretty patient woman. The truth of the matter is, she's very busy herself. Christine Grady is a renowned bioethicist. And together they raised three talented daughters: Jennifer, Meghan, and Allison. And I hope each of you know that for all Tony has accomplished, he considers you to be one of his -- not one of his -- his most important achievement. Your love and support have strengthened him as he works to save lives across the world.

For his determined and aggressive efforts to help others live longer and healthier lives, I'm proud to award the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Dr. Anthony S. Fauci.Ē óPresident George W. Bush
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/1712761/

A graphic showing daily deaths of COVID-19 v average daily causes of deaths in US.

As of March 31, COVID-19 is the 3rd leading cause of death behind only heart disease and cancer.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Thread Information