+ Reply to Thread

YouTube TV will no longer offer YES Network

Not sure how many subscribe to YouTube TV out there, but this is brutal for me. Literally the only reason I buy YouTube TV (I pause my membership during the offseason). I think Hulu Live offers YES, so I'll have to switch to that if nothing changes. I'll give them until Opening Day.

We purchase rights from Sinclair to distribute content to you. Despite our best efforts, we’ve been unable to reach an agreement with Sinclair. As a result, we will no longer offer FOX Regional Sports Networks, including YES Network, beginning February 29th.

https://twitter.com/YouTubeTV/status...86055525634048

NYYF Legend

Re: YouTube TV will no longer offer YES Network

Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    Not sure how many subscribe to YouTube TV out there, but this is brutal for me. Literally the only reason I buy YouTube TV (I pause my membership during the offseason). I think Hulu Live offers YES, so I'll have to switch to that if nothing changes. I'll give them until Opening Day.

We purchase rights from Sinclair to distribute content to you. Despite our best efforts, we’ve been unable to reach an agreement with Sinclair. As a result, we will no longer offer FOX Regional Sports Networks, including YES Network, beginning February 29th.

https://twitter.com/YouTubeTV/status...86055525634048
    For the time being, I'm still watching YES on Hulu Live.

Reminds of when Charlie Ergen dropped YES from Dish Network, and I switched to DirecTV for the next 20 Years.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Seems like I may be the only one who cares about YouTube TV, but just in case there's anyone else out there... a temporary extension has been agreed to with Sinclair. YES Network remains... for now

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/29/2...work-extension

NYYF Legend

So, are you in the Yankees broadcast area and not subject to blackouts?
    Last edited by CalYankeeFan; 03-02-20 at 11:22 PM.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    So, are you in the Yankees broadcast are and not subject to blackouts?
    Yes! I live in NYC and can watch YES Network legally on YouTube TV (at least for now). It was the deciding factor for me finally cancelling cable.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    Yes! I live in NYC and can watch YES Network legally on YouTube TV (at least for now). It was the deciding factor for me finally cancelling cable.
    Thanks....still want to ditch directv, I know there are other options to get my mlb fix, but haven’t cut the cord yet.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Have ya seen YES Network's legitimate press release.... woof!

https://twitter.com/YESNetwork/statu...880222720?s=20

I'm a YTTV user, and I think my work around right now is to live stream YES off the Fox Sports Go app. I was able to use a relatives Verizon log-in info.

Thread Information