+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Forum Regular

Re: NYYFans FB League - Final Keeper Declarations 2020

Should we discuss keepers? As the season delay drags on and could ultimately result in zero baseball this year it raises the question of what to do with keepers. No change, keepers lose a year of eligibility across the board? Every player gets another year of keepability with a penalty 2 rounds coming off this year? We act like this year never happened for keepers and they get to be kept next year at their current round/years left? Does that change if we get half a year of baseball? A month of baseball? No baseball?

Just to discuss cause I’m bored.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by JMP08 View Post
    Should we discuss keepers? As the season delay drags on and could ultimately result in zero baseball this year it raises the question of what to do with keepers. No change, keepers lose a year of eligibility across the board? Every player gets another year of keepability with a penalty 2 rounds coming off this year? We act like this year never happened for keepers and they get to be kept next year at their current round/years left? Does that change if we get half a year of baseball? A month of baseball? No baseball?

I think we extend all keepers eligibility.

I would still like to have a real discussion about playoff teams and especially the champjon
    1. Not getting playoff bonuses
    2. Not having high draft picks in the first 5 rounds.
    3. Giving keeper bonuses to the teams that did not make the playoffs
    4. Having a non-champjon bracket (maybe call IT the championship bracket?) that determines a keeper bonus and high draft picks.

I previously posted that there are two things (really 3 but in terms of the draft, only 2) that determine the fate of a team in this league.
    1. How good were their late round keepers (generally need to outperform a 3rd round pick)
    2. Did they find an exceptional mid round (8-15) pick that significantly outperformed (as in scored like a 1-5 rounder)

The 3rd is whether an injury happened to a high (1-3) round pick, but that's not draft related.

Currently our snake draft significantly favors a playoff team.

Since it appears we have time to discuss I think we should change the draft for this year.

Kicking the Grim Reaper's Ass Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

If there's no season, then I would vote that players are kept for next year at the same round as this year.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast View Post
    I would still like to have a real discussion about playoff teams and especially the champjon
    Currently our snake draft significantly favors a playoff team.
    Since it appears we have time to discuss I think we should change the draft for this year.
    What if we kept the snake draft but had self slotting? You have earned the “best draft pick” by having the best non-playoff team, so you get to pick your spot in the draft next year. Want picks 20-21 go for it. Want picks 1 & 40 have at it. Then down the line each team gets to pick their draft spot and the champ gets what’s left.

NYYF HOF

What if we kept the snake draft but had self slotting? You have earned the “best draft pick” by having the best non-playoff team, so you get to pick your spot in the draft next year. Want picks 20-21 go for it. Want picks 1 & 40 have at it. Then down the line each team gets to pick their draft spot and the champ gets what’s left.
    I really like the idea of a "draft bracket" for playoff time. No adds/drops except by commissioner due injury; play the team that you ended the season with. The picking of draft spot based on the draft bracket works for me. I think there should be keeper compensation though for the draft bracket, maybe just the draft bracket champion.

Thread Information