+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Fun with John and Suzyn 2020 edition

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Dear God. Why..
    Because she's been there forever and she might do a good job. She's being skipped over and it seems unfair. Unless she doesn't want the job.

Btw, awesome avatar. Mind if I steal it for my fantasy team logo?
    Make Orwell Fiction Again
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

I think she would be terrible at PbP.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I think she would be terrible at PbP.
    Wouldn't know until she got the opportunity to do it. Wouldn't be hard since the bar is set so low with Sterling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Because she's been there forever and she might do a good job. She's being skipped over and it seems unfair. Unless she doesn't want the job.

I appreciate the fact that she has worked her tail off for decades but her voice is one of the worst on radio and always has been. If they're going to make a change with play by play, for God's sake make a real change and bring in new blood.

Thanks re: the Avatar, dude. Go right ahead.

Wouldn't know until she got the opportunity to do it. Wouldn't be hard since the bar is set so low with Sterling.
    She’s terrible at what she does now.

She did play-by-play on YES for the Yankees when YES initially began. She was awful. (everything was a "line shawt" at someone)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

You guys are mean to Suzyn. Harumph.

NYYF Legend

I feel like his little quips and catch phrases are worse than most of John’s. Judge being guilty of putting the Yankees ahead is probably the worst one. “Adios amigo” as a home run call is so lame. Lamer than nearly anything John has said. Its nothing major like his voice or anything. It’s a bunch of little things that made listening to these last two games so rough.

Yes. I agree. His play-by-play isn’t all that bad. It’s mostly the little catch phrases. They seem so forced.

In response to both of you, I feel like Suzyn should have been given the chance to do play by play. Is there a reason either of you are aware of that she’s not? All these years of being the sidekick. She’s earned it.
    I honestly don’t think I could handle Suzyn doing play-by-play. I don’t like her voice, and her little “ticks” wear on me during the game as it is. That said, I think she gives a good interview, especially if she has a little time to prepare. She can also sing the National Anthem, which is not easy to do. It’s really nothing personal, I just don't enjoy listening to her .

Back to Riccardo, I agree the “guilty of putting the Yankees in the lead” or whatever he said, was pretty bad. Maybe he is trying too hard at times.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

I mean why doesn't Suzyn do the play by play? Hasn't she earned the opportunity?
    She tried it at the beginning. It was painful...."LINE SHAWWWT!"

It would probably be worse now...

EDIT: Just saw Tom's post....sorry for saying the same thing.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    I honestly don’t think I could handle Suzyn doing play-by-play. I don’t like her voice, and her little “ticks” wear on me during the game as it is. That said, I think she gives a good interview, especially if she has a little time to prepare. She can also sing the National Anthem, which is not easy to do. It’s really nothing personal, I just don't enjoy listening to her .

Back to Riccardo, I agree the “guilty of putting the Yankees in the lead” or whatever he said, was pretty bad. Maybe he is trying too hard at times.
    He’s trying to emulate John but with his own spin. We don’t need another one

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    She tried it at the beginning. It was painful...."LINE SHAWWWT!"

It would probably be worse now...
    I don’t recall ever hearing her do play by play. I guess her voice doesn’t bother me as much as it does others. To be honest I like listening to her more than John when I listen to games on the radio. Her stories are far more interesting. As crazy as that sounds.

NYYF Legend

I don’t recall ever hearing her do play by play. I guess her voice doesn’t bother me as much as it does others. To be honest I like listening to her more than John when I listen to games on the radio. Her stories are far more interesting. As crazy as that sounds.
    If you had, you would not forget it.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

I mean why doesn't Suzyn do the play by play? Hasn't she earned the opportunity?
    Oh. You mean like now? I thought you meant when Sterling is there.

Thread Information