+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 81
  1. #51
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Just keep the draft where it is. Leave it. Don't mess with the date.

  2. #52
    It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Draft postponed.

  3. #53
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    That makes no sense.

  4. #54
    It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    That makes no sense.
    \_(ツ)_/

  5. #55
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Will keepers be allowed to be redone?

  6. #56

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    May we have a vote on whether or not the draft will be postponed? Could the draft be a slow one ???

    Also, please advise the draft order.

    Much appreciated.

  7. #57

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Will keepers be allowed to be redone?

    Yeah if the logic is that the virus may sicken players and change who you draft, it could alter your keepers as well. Only fair.

  8. #58
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    That is going to be quite the adventure if everyone wants their team back in order to reconsider their keepers. I’ll go with what the majority wants but I’m not going to push putting that on Gdn. Or anybody. Seems like it would be a massive pain in the anus.

  9. #59

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    That is going to be quite the adventure if everyone wants their team back in order to reconsider their keepers. Ill go with what the majority wants but Im not going to push putting that on Gdn. Or anybody. Seems like it would be a massive pain in the anus.
    Im fine with whatever. I just want baseball.

  10. #60
    It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    No way to get the teams back with full rosters, as far as I know. We are just pausing the season until MLB starts. Everything stays as is.

  11. #61
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Might be wise to move the draft date out or off on the CBS site, lest we all get auto-drafted Wed @ 8.

  12. #62
    NYYF Legend

    Saxmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Kingdom of Kraftwerk

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Anyone play Out Of The Park?

    Be seeing you,

    Saxmania

  13. #63
    Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Oh boy. I was expecting to at least feel like there was baseball thus week.

  14. #64

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    The right move, IMO


  15. #65
    It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Might be wise to move the draft date out or off on the CBS site, lest we all get auto-drafted Wed @ 8.
    You're not the boss of me!

  16. #66
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post
    You're not the boss of me!
    It was simply a suggestion. The autodraft will go quickly once the first round is done.

  17. #67
    Kicking the Grim Reaper's Ass Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    I think it's only 50/50 that we have a season this year. If they don't start Spring Training by the middle of June, and start the Regular Season by July 1, I think it's over.

    NYY play 86 of 162 games by June 30. That leaves a 76-game season. Even regular Sunday double-headers would leave an 89-game season, and that's if the union and owners can agree to weekly double-headers.

  18. #68
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    So how was you draft? It went smoothly, nary a "stop the draft" last night. First time eva. I know I got sniped quite a few times. To be expected.

    ^sigh

  19. #69
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    So how was you draft? It went smoothly, nary a "stop the draft" last night. First time eva. I know I got sniped quite a few times. To be expected.

    ^sigh
    Hey John. I know it sucks. I'm annoyed to. This is a week I greatly look forward to every year. It's like waiting to go to a concert. (which btw Tool canceled their tour so another kick in the face for me. I have tickets to their April 25th show). But it just makes sense. I'd rather draft when I know when the season is starting, who is probably making the team, where injuries stand, etc. Drafting now and waiting a while will also suck because I'm going to be roster-jerking every day and nothing will come of it. (pun intended) It'll be blue balls for weeks or months.

  20. #70
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Hey John. I know it sucks. I'm annoyed to. This is a week I greatly look forward to every year. It's like waiting to go to a concert. (which btw Tool canceled their tour so another kick in the face for me. I have tickets to their April 25th show). But it just makes sense. I'd rather draft when I know when the season is starting, who is probably making the team, where injuries stand, etc. Drafting now and waiting a while will also suck because I'm going to be roster-jerking every day and nothing will come of it. (pun intended) It'll be blue balls for weeks or months.
    I'm not upset we decided to postpone the draft. I'm bummed about the world right now.

    As far as having the draft yesterday or later, I think there would have been a lot of strategy for having it at the present. It may have been cool to see how people played it. But having it closer to when we have concrete knowledge of (if and) when the season starts is fine too.

    I was just presenting an alternate opinion, but as you saw, my heart wasn't really into it.


    Be safe NYYFans Fantasy Baseball pals.

    John

  21. #71
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Our hearts are being ripped out -- all is lost.

  22. #72
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I'm not upset we decided to postpone the draft. I'm bummed about the world right now.

    As far as having the draft yesterday or later, I think there would have been a lot of strategy for having it at the present. It may have been cool to see how people played it. But having it closer to when we have concrete knowledge of (if and) when the season starts is fine too.

    I was just presenting an alternate opinion, but as you saw, my heart wasn't really into it.


    Be safe NYYFans Fantasy Baseball pals.

    John
    I totally understand. The world does really suck right now. Sports is usually the escape and we don’t even have that.

  23. #73
    Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Hey John. I know it sucks. I'm annoyed to. This is a week I greatly look forward to every year. It's like waiting to go to a concert. (which btw Tool canceled their tour so another kick in the face for me. I have tickets to their April 25th show). But it just makes sense. I'd rather draft when I know when the season is starting, who is probably making the team, where injuries stand, etc. Drafting now and waiting a while will also suck because I'm going to be roster-jerking every day and nothing will come of it. (pun intended) It'll be blue balls for weeks or months.
    Luckily Tool was just here, but I had tix to 5 Pearl Jam shows coming up and was planning on hosting people from out of town for those shows. Now they’re all postponed.

    That’s not to mention my livelihood is in jeopardy as casinos and card rooms are all closed, online poker is “illegal” and I’m not eligible for unemployment

  24. #74
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
    Luckily Tool was just here, but I had tix to 5 Pearl Jam shows coming up and was planning on hosting people from out of town for those shows. Now they’re all postponed.

    That’s not to mention my livelihood is in jeopardy as casinos and card rooms are all closed, online poker is “illegal” and I’m not eligible for unemployment
    I haven’t missed a Tool tour since 1997. I’m really bummed. I hope they reschedule. Good thing I didn’t buy tickets to all the other shows coming up. So many great bands are touring this year. I wanted to see Faith No More, Deftones, Lamb Of God and Gojira.

    I’m having a rough time at my job as well. I work for a printing & advertising agency. First thing that goes is advertising. We’re shutting down after tomorrow for at least a month.

  25. #75
    2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    ON Canada

    Re: 2020 Draft Date Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
    Luckily Tool was just here, but I had tix to 5 Pearl Jam shows coming up and was planning on hosting people from out of town for those shows. Now they’re all postponed.

    That’s not to mention my livelihood is in jeopardy as casinos and card rooms are all closed, online poker is “illegal” and I’m not eligible for unemployment
    Move to Canada. Online poker is legal here.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts