+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Death Star Fully Operational

Re: 2020 Injury Update thread

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Stanton's smash hit Tanaka pretty flush (from what I can tell) on the top of his head. It looked pretty gruesome.

Judge & Gleyber both had some harsh words about all the cameras focusing in close on Tanaka. I don't really think it's reasonable to expect the cameras to "look away". It's the same thing as drivers slowing down on the road when passing a car accident - we don't look away.
    IMO, Judge and Gleyber were out of line! It's YES's job to give their fans the best coverage possible regarding such an incident.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Stanton's smash hit Tanaka pretty flush (from what I can tell) on the top of his head. It looked pretty gruesome.

Judge & Gleyber both had some harsh words about all the cameras focusing in close on Tanaka. I don't really think it's reasonable to expect the cameras to "look away". It's the same thing as drivers slowing down on the road when passing a car accident - we don't look away.
    Right, but if it was your family, you might feel differently. I can't blame them at all for thinking about their teammate - it seems like that's a pretty natural response.

Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Right, but if it was your family, you might feel differently. I can't blame them at all for thinking about their teammate - it seems like that's a pretty natural response.
    They can think whatever they please, but to tell somebody else not to do their job is wrong.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

Wants 2 be your latex salesman

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    and let's hope it isn't a Herb Score deal.
    We already don't have that. From what i have read, Gil McDougald's line drive pretty much tore up Score's face. Now it's just a matter of, how badly was Masa concussed?
    I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    We already don't have that. From what i have read, Gil McDougald's line drive pretty much tore up Score's face. Now it's just a matter of, how badly was Masa concussed?
    Herb Score was never the same pitcher after this. However, if memory serves me right he was a fine broadcaster for many years.

Thread Information