+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: season over/unders

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    Andujar has 27 career walks. Does he double that number?
    Yeah he doesnt walk much. I guess the good thing is he doesnt K much either.

He was ranked 4th in contact rate for 3B in 2018 behind Jose Ramirez, Alex Bregman and Anthony Rendon.
    Derek Jeter - Mariano Rivera - Bernie Williams - Don Mattingly
    My Core Four Ive Seen in my Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Yeah he doesnt walk much. I guess the good thing is he doesnt K much either.

He was ranked 4th in contact rate for 3B in 2018 behind Jose Ramirez, Alex Bregman and Anthony Rendon.
    Does Bregman even count any more?

Does Bregman even count any more?
    Only the amount of trash can bangs he hears.
    Derek Jeter - Mariano Rivera - Bernie Williams - Don Mattingly
    My Core Four Ive Seen in my Lifetime

To the original question, all 3 playing 'full' seasons with Catcher rest and built in rest for the big men gets you about 130+145+145 = 420 Games. Give me a 10 game injury stint for each for 390 games from the group. I know this is optimistic, but Stanton played 155+ in 17 and 18 and will be getting heavy duty at DH. I'd bet one of these 3 puts together a fully healthy season this year.

NYYF Legend

Andujar has 27 career walks. Does he double that number?
    Probably not. Maybe 40-45.

I really think the what-have-you-done-for-me-last-year syndrome is hitting the expectation for Stanton harsher than he actually deserves. No question 2019 was a disaster, but from 2011 to 2018 where the majority of the time was spent in the DH-less NL, even including 2015 where he lost half a season on a freak HBP he still averaged over 130 games a season. Reading some of the stuff here you'd think he is a stretch to play even 60 games a season.

I'm still confident Stanton will play anywhere between 120~145 games in 2020 including built-in rest days and minor injury buffer, and likely to play more than Judge on average the next 3 seasons for example. Heck, even with 2019 in mind if I was a betting person I'm voting for Stanton to play the most games out of the three as of right now.

Wants 2 be your latex salesman

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Urshela over/under: .275 BA

Wade over/under: 11 SB

Monty over/under: 10 wins

Andujar over/under: 70 ML games in the field (1B, LF, 3B combined)

Garcia ML debut: before or after July 1st

Mike King: over/under 66 ML innings (note: roughly Nestor Cortes number from 2019)
    Under. Over. Under. Over. After. Over.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by H.Kokubo View Post
    I really think the what-have-you-done-for-me-last-year syndrome is hitting the expectation for Stanton harsher than he actually deserves. No question 2019 was a disaster, but from 2011 to 2018 where the majority of the time was spent in the DH-less NL, even including 2015 where he lost half a season on a freak HBP he still averaged over 130 games a season. Reading some of the stuff here you'd think he is a stretch to play even 60 games a season.

I'm still confident Stanton will play anywhere between 120~145 games in 2020 including built-in rest days and minor injury buffer, and likely to play more than Judge on average the next 3 seasons for example. Heck, even with 2019 in mind if I was a betting person I'm voting for Stanton to play the most games out of the three as of right now.
    Stantonís HBP happened on September 11, 2014 and he only missed the last two weeks of the season - he was ready for Opening Day 2015. His lost half season was due to a broken hamate bone.

That correction having been made, I agree that people are over-reacting- I easily see 130+ games this season for Stanton.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

over the last 3 years:
    judge 369 games
    Stanton 335 games
    sanchez 317 games

now of course Stantons numbers are messed up because of 2019, where as sanchez and judge missed games are spread out more evenly (for the most part).
    But you can see why they get grouped together.

Thread Information