+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 136
  1. #76
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Paris

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    MLB will likely put this on the back burner until the covid issue is dealt with.

    ...and rightly so.
    They should have already cancelled ST (or at least banned fans from the games). That's the easy step before you even think about the regular season.

  2. #77
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Cape Cod MA

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    They should have already cancelled ST (or at least banned fans from the games). That's the easy step before you even think about the regular season.

    They just did.

  3. #78
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    What happens first: the MLB season resumes/gets canceled, or MLB announces the findings of the Red Sox investigation? I'm going with the former.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  4. #79
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    What happens first: the MLB season resumes/gets canceled, or MLB announces the findings of the Red Sox investigation? I'm going with the former.
    100% agree with you.

  5. #80

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    What happens first: the MLB season resumes/gets canceled, or MLB announces the findings of the Red Sox investigation? I'm going with the former.
    ..... what Red Sox investigation..... ?

    I bet we never hear of it again.
    Derek Jeter - Mariano Rivera - Bernie Williams - Don Mattingly
    My Core Four Ive Seen in my Lifetime

  6. #81
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    So maybe come August we hear the decision. Or by then everything just gets swept under the rug.

  7. #82
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    I read a piece in The Athletic where a Red Sox lawyer suggests the team disagrees with MLB's findings.

    I think the Red Sox are going to get whacked.


    A lawyer for the Red Sox on Friday morning suggested that MLB already has made a conclusion on whether the team in 2018 violated baseball’s ban on in-game use of electronics. The attorney declined to admit that the Red Sox illicitly stole signs using electronics.

    “We do not admit that,” Lauren Moskowitz of Cravath, Swaine & Moore told the judge when he asked her, “Do you admit or not that the Red Sox violated the rules?”

    The interaction occurred during a one hour, 47-minute oral argument on whether lawsuits brought by daily fantasy sports (DFS) contestants over the sign-stealing scandal should be dismissed. The Red Sox, along with the Houston Astros, and MLB are defendants. The arguments were made telephonically.

    “That’s interesting,” Judge Jed Rakoff replied. “So you think the commissioner of baseball was just off base in your view?”

    MLB has yet to issue a report or prospective discipline against the Red Sox after sources told The Athletic that the team used its video replay room illegally during its 2018 championship campaign.

    Nevertheless, Moskowitz replied, “Your Honor, I think that there are distinctions between what the Red Sox believe occurred and what the commissioner found. And I think that certainly they’re entitled to disagree that that activity happened at the club level. Certainly, we did find on certain occasions in 2017, that this electronic device was used to communicate sign information.”
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

  8. #83
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    I read a piece in The Athletic where a Red Sox lawyer suggests the team disagrees with MLB's findings.

    I think the Red Sox are going to get whacked.
    I HOPE SO. I am not happy with what appears to be happening. I worry this may be sweep under as a non issue. I feel the Astros (take the WS away and give it to LA) and especially the players got off without a severe penalties. Also, I do feel this investigation is completed and last month it was to be released. Just don't understand how/why the Red Sox can challenge the ruling. Force John Henry to sell the team to LeRule (spI can't remember by I used called him Buddy because I disliked the BoSox) I will be happy. I do applaud Manfreld with player suspensions with drugs and domestic abuse but the cheating at manager/owner level is a lot worst because the whole team that did it. BS.

  9. #84
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Public Service Announcement:


    The Red Sox are Cheaters


    That is all.
    Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are this will save your soul or break it forever

  10. #85

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    I read a piece in The Athletic where a Red Sox lawyer suggests the team disagrees with MLB's findings.

    I think the Red Sox are going to get whacked.
    The general interpretation is that the context was the 2017 AppleWatch findings. No judge would know of the investigation into 2018.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

  11. #86
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    After all that time, the crime was committed by Colonel Mustard in the library with a candlestick.


    https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news


    Here is the discipline:
    • Watkins is suspended without pay for all of the 2020 season, and can't video operate in the 2021 season.
    • Forfeiting a 2020 second-round pick in the First-Year Player Draft
    • Cora's ban is through the 2020 season, but only due to his role in the Astros' case
    No other Red Sox personnel has been disciplined.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

  12. #87
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    After all that time, the crime was committed by Colonel Mustard in the library with a candlestick.


    https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news
    More like Col Mustard's summer intern.
    Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are this will save your soul or break it forever

  13. #88
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    After all that time, the crime was committed by Colonel Mustard in the library with a candlestick.


    https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news
    Was there ever any doubt the penalty on the Sox would be light? Even know it was their second offense.

  14. #89
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    More like Col Mustard's summer intern.



    I'll go with that.

  15. #90

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Was there ever any doubt the penalty on the Sox would be light? Even know it was their second offense.
    Depends on what you consider light. They basically found nothing and still lost a second round pick. But given that this was the second offense, the punishment was for the smoke despite there not being any fire.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

  16. #91
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Turn my headphones up

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Not sure you guys get it. Cora devised and ran a sophisticated spy ring based on cheating via live video replay when he was on the Astros, but he had no way at all of knowing while being in charge of the Red Sox that they could be using live video replay to cheat. There was just no way.

  17. #92
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    This is absolutely amazing. I am not surprised at all.
    "Big John's been drinking since the river took Emmy Lou." - Neil Young

  18. #93
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Lives on the ocean

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Not sure you guys get it. Cora devised and ran a sophisticated spy ring based on cheating via live video replay when he was on the Astros, but he had no way at all of knowing while being in charge of the Red Sox that they could be using live video replay to cheat. There was just no way.
    I think you're confusing Cora with Beltran. It's common knowledge Beltran was the architect in Houston.

  19. #94

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Wow. Comical. Didn't think the MLB could be more ridiculous than Houston but here we are.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

  20. #95
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    WOW second time I tried posting so I am not the only one upset...

    And I thought Bub was bad. This commissioner is the worst than any. He has no guts to give out severe punishments. I can not believe this. I am so pissed and it bothers me because I keep saying it will be severe. This is worst than Houston. It's all a joke. J.T. Watkins. WHO are you kidding, Rob. The whole team was involved, Rob. The Astros and Red Sox cheapen the World Series (at the a team level), This is a joke. Why not cheat because the reward is a World Series. I hated the Red Sox before but this is strike two for Rob Manford for me. Just fire his ass by the other owners and get somebody so we can believe in the game. For me this is worst than steroids. venting (long time?)

  21. #96
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Lives on the ocean

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979 View Post
    Depends on what you consider light. They basically found nothing and still lost a second round pick. But given that this was the second offense, the punishment was for the smoke despite there not being any fire.
    This post hits the nail on the head.
    " basically found nothing"
    Most were wishing for a felony conviction and the charge was simple jaywalking.
    FYI, ped and domestic abuse is far worst, yet swept under the rug by fans. That has got to change.

  22. #97

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    After the Astros scandal and subsequent punishment blew up in MLB’s face they wanted no part of part 2 with the cheating saux. Since there was no smoking gun like Mike Fliers or Jon Boy it was easy for Manfred to dismiss the charge by using the replay guy as a scapegoat.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd



  23. #98
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Lives on the ocean

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    WOW second time I tried posting so I am not the only one upset...

    And I thought Bub was bad. This commissioner is the worst than any. He has no guts to give out severe punishments. I can not believe this. I am so pissed and it bothers me because I keep saying it will be severe. This is worst than Houston. It's all a joke. J.T. Watkins. WHO are you kidding, Rob. The whole team was involved, Rob. The Astros and Red Sox cheapen the World Series (at the a team level), This is a joke. Why not cheat because the reward is a World Series. I hated the Red Sox before but this is strike two for Rob Manford for me. Just fire his ass by the other owners and get somebody so we can believe in the game. For me this is worst than steroids. venting (long time?)
    For the sake of your blood pressure you should read Ken Davidoff's piece from Wed.nights Post. Very knowledgeable and respected writer.

  24. #99
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by BUZZARDS BAY View Post
    For the sake of your blood pressure you should read Ken Davidoff's piece from Wed.nights Post. Very knowledgeable and respected writer.
    thanks. I did and and I do like Ken Davidoff and the Post. I agree with him the Yankees got screwed and this was a lamest version of Caddyshack II. I don't think we can read the same sentence and agree. Look maybe it wasn't as elaborate as Astros with cameras and communications but it's stealing signs just the same as a team - cheated - 2017 (Apple Watch), 2018 (replay) and Cora not knowing, not a factor, fall guy. For me this was a Joke. Everybody will believe what they want. I take meds for my BP but just disappointed. Rob protects his job. it's a good read.

    https://nypost.com/2020/04/22/the-wi...candal-report/

  25. #100
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Lives on the ocean

    Re: Red Sox Cheating Investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    thanks. I did and and I do like Ken Davidoff and the Post. I agree with him the Yankees got screwed and this was a lamest version of Caddyshack II. I don't think we can read the same sentence and agree. Look maybe it wasn't as elaborate as Astros with cameras and communications but it's stealing signs just the same as a team - cheated - 2017 (Apple Watch), 2018 (replay) and Cora not knowing, not a factor, fall guy. For me this was a Joke. Everybody will believe what they want. I take meds for my BP but just disappointed. Rob protects his job. it's a good read.

    https://nypost.com/2020/04/22/the-wi...candal-report/
    Fair enough. When people get upset it's not unusual to exaggerate a little. I recognized that with your Houston reference. The one point Davidoff made that I thought was key is when he stated it would come as no surprise if video replay tech's league wide were doing the exact same thing. Not an exact quote but words to the effect. Be well.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts