+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2020 mlb draft

NYYF Triple Crown

2020 mlb draft

Baseball America
    @BaseballAmerica

1m
    So the Yankees are getting some serious value in our new mock.

Pete Crow-Armstrong, once ranked the No. 1 prep bat in the country before the summer, slots in at No. 28.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=516757

Pete Crow-Armstrong is a 2020 OF/LHP with a 6-1 175 lb. frame from Sherman Oaks, CA who attends Harvard-Westlake. Lean athletic build, unlikely to ever bulk up but plenty of room to get stronger. 6.51 runner, has easy gliding actions in the outfield, fields the ball cleanly with a quick release, makes very accurate throws due to advanced fundamentals and athleticism, plenty of raw arm strength, chance to be an elite level centerfielder. Left handed hitter, hits from a slightly open stance, loose and easy swing with low effort bat speed, middle to opposite field approach but has the ability to turn on balls and drive them with plus pop that he has shown in games. Very projectable in all areas and plays the game easy and is able to slow it down. Probably the most polished all around player in the 2020 class. Verbal commitment to Vanderbilt. Named to play in the Perfect Game All-American Classic.

NYYF Triple Crown

Re: 2020 mlb draft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNXsJ-Zj52I

Pete Crow-Armstrong discusses Astros' cheating scandal

NYYF Triple Crown

https://www.prospectslive.com/mlb-dr...-mock-draft-10

28. New York Yankees

Jared Jones, RHP
    Bio:
    School: La Miranda HS (CA)
    Weight: 175 lbs, Height: 6-2
    Hits/Throws: R/R
    PL Contributor: Matt P
    The Yankees were a pick I was looking forward to making because theyíre simply loaded and as a late first round pick, they really can go anywhere to find upside. That search for upside led to Jared Jones, a very talented but not always consistent prep arm. Jones is arguably one of the three highest upside arms in the draft, making him especially intriguing late in the first round with his nearly 100 mph fastball and a curve that can become a plus pitch with more consistency.

Is the draft pick going to get pushed back 10 picks?

I think they still need to make some moves (Happ?) to get under the $248M threshold.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Barnaby View Post
    Is the draft pick going to get pushed back 10 picks?

I think they still need to make some moves (Happ?) to get under the $248M threshold.
    I think it would be next year? They need to go through the season and be above the threshold - I believe it's calculated after the season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    I think it would be next year? They need to go through the season and be above the threshold - I believe it's calculated after the season ends.
    That makes sense!

Yankees lose their second and fifth highest picks for signing Cole so it would be nice if they on their 1st rounder.

Crow-Armstrong has a Vanderbilt commit and was projected top, top of the draft previously so he might be too tough a sign.

I could see them taking Austin Wells again. Especially if robot umpires make catcher defense less of a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Barnaby View Post
    Yankees lose their second and fifth highest picks for signing Cole so it would be nice if they on their 1st rounder.

Crow-Armstrong has a Vanderbilt commit and was projected top, top of the draft previously so he might be too tough a sign.

I could see them taking Austin Wells again. Especially if robot umpires make catcher defense less of a priority.
    True. Although given the loss of picks it might be a good idea to try to get a guy like this. If he signs, great..If not, then you push some more pool money into next year's draft rather than try to work with the limited amount this year.

NYYF Triple Crown

https://www.espn.com/espn/insider/st...-top-prospects

Walters State RHP Ben Joyce was the big winner of the weekend. Buzz leading into the event was that Joyce had hit 100 mph in the fall and was committed to Tennessee, but was a one-pitch, arm-strength type who lacked secondary skills. He redshirted last year due to a stress fracture in his elbow that didn't require surgery but cost him his 2019 season. He's a late bloomer who didn't pitch much in high school.

Thread Information