+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19
    NYYF MVP

Re: Yankees 2020 Minor League News & Notes

On the Hot St. board today someone mentions a willingness to trade "Jasson" for Kyle Hendricks. On the assumption that he means Dominguez, I guess I'd disagree. Yes, 16 (or is it 17 now), not yet on display in minor league action in the US. Fine, points taken. Still, given the extraordinary praise he received from scouts, I would prefer that organization see him first-hand in MiL ball before dealing him. Hendricks a fine pitcher, but if Jasson, an everyday player, turns out to be remotely like his write-up's, the Yankees would look like damned fools some day. Best to eyeball him in action here before thinking of trading him.

How is your life today ? JDPNYY's Avatar
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    On the Hot St. board today someone mentions a willingness to trade "Jasson" for Kyle Hendricks. On the assumption that he means Dominguez, I guess I'd disagree. Yes, 16 (or is it 17 now), not yet on display in minor league action in the US. Fine, points taken. Still, given the extraordinary praise he received from scouts, I would prefer that organization see him first-hand in MiL ball before dealing him. Hendricks a fine pitcher, but if Jasson, an everyday player, turns out to be remotely like his write-up's, the Yankees would look like damned fools some day. Best to eyeball him in action here before thinking of trading him.
    I agree. I would only trade him for a top 5 (in MLB) Starter
    He finally met himself, coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.

Potential lineups-

(AAA)
    C McDowell

1 Gittens
    2 Park
    S Velazquez
    3 Andujar

Lf Zehner
    Cf Beltre
    Rf Amburgey

(AA)
    C Sands

1 Sensley
    2 Castillo
    S Garcia.w
    3 Cabrera

Lf Olivares
    Cf Florial
    Rf Gilliam

(A+)
    C Breaux

1 Wagaman
    2 Peraza
    S Torrealba
    3 Nelson

Lf Smith
    Cf Lockridge
    Rf Stowers

(A)
    C Narvaez

1 Henson
    2 Duran
    S Smith.j
    3 Gomez

Lf DeMarco
    Cf Sandford
    Rf De Leon

Jasson looks like a man not some skinny 17 year old. What do they feed him down there?

It kinda reminds me of when Lebron came into the NBA. Lebron already had a NBA body, unlike when Kobe first came to the NBA, who was a skinny 17 year old.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79 View Post
    Jasson looks like a man not some skinny 17 year old. What do they feed him down there?

It kinda reminds me of when Lebron came into the NBA. Lebron already had a NBA body, unlike when Kobe first came to the NBA, who was a skinny 17 year old.
    Lets hope he is as impactful as Lebron.
    Derek Jeter - Mariano Rivera - Bernie Williams - Don Mattingly
    My Core Four Ive Seen in my Lifetime

NYYF Legend

The Yanks signed the following players to MiLB deals...
    RHP Luis Garcia, RHP Matt Bowman, LHP Lucas Luetge, C Kellin Deglan, C Rob Brantly, OF Thomas Milone, OF Ryan LeMarre, Both Catchers are lefty bats!! For Deglan this is his 3rd time re signing with the Yanks. Kellin is an outstanding receiver who has really come a long way with his at bat's..Higgy part II .

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    The Yanks signed the following players to MiLB deals...
    RHP Luis Garcia, RHP Matt Bowman, LHP Lucas Luetge, C Kellin Deglan, C Rob Brantly, OF Thomas Milone, OF Ryan LeMarre, Both Catchers are lefty bats!! For Deglan this is his 3rd time re signing with the Yanks. Kellin is an outstanding receiver who has really come a long way with his at bat's..Higgy part II .
    All mL pieces - with the possible exception of Brantly, I donít see any ML roster help here.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

What would you say is the equivalent of the Dominican League? AAA, AA, A+, low A.

Medina is dominating down there. Strikeouts are way up and walks are way down. Is his improvement in command/control real? I wish it is. Too bad we didn't have a 2020 minor league season to really see.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

What would you say is the equivalent of the Dominican League? AAA, AA, A+, low A.

Medina is dominating down there. Strikeouts are way up and walks are way down. Is his improvement in command/control real? I wish it is. Too bad we didn't have a 2020 minor league season to really see.
    I do not know the answer to this, but it seems like a lot of fairly high-ranked prospects are playing there due to the lack of the mL season. Even if it's A+ level, those numbers are insane. The real question is what does the stuff look like.

Quote Originally Posted by billyhoyle View Post
    I do not know the answer to this, but it seems like a lot of fairly high-ranked prospects are playing there due to the lack of the mL season. Even if it's A+ level, those numbers are insane. The real question is what does the stuff look like.
    I haven't seen video of his stuff recently, but even if it hasn't gotten better it's always been plenty good enough.

A 19.3 K/9 is bonkers, even if it's only 3 starts and like 12 IP. Any improvements in control/command and this kid is the goods. Hopefully he can get the BB/9 down into acceptable territory, a la Betances.

Medina dominated again.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

I hope there is a minor league season next year. I really want to see a full season of Medina. His recent dominance is getting me excited. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the majors next year.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

I hope there is a minor league season next year. I really want to see a full season of Medina. His recent dominance is getting me excited. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the majors next year.
    When high upside pitchers without control suddenly find control...It is a scary thing.It doesn't happen often, but it sure is sweet when it does. And what's great is this is a continuation to how he finished 2019. I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump to #2 on the prospect list mid-season (assuming Deivi and Schmidt graduate). I think you're right about possibly being a September call-up-kind of like Deivi last year. Or maybe he enables the Yankees to land an ace at the deadline without moving Dominguez.

And my curiosity about his stuff isn't the fastball velo. I mean how are his 2nd/third pitches looking? Does he have the secondary pitches necessary to project as a starter?

Quote Originally Posted by billyhoyle View Post
    When high upside pitchers without control suddenly find control...It is a scary thing.It doesn't happen often, but it sure is sweet when it does. And what's great is this is a continuation to how he finished 2019. I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump to #2 on the prospect list mid-season (assuming Deivi and Schmidt graduate). I think you're right about possibly being a September call-up-kind of like Deivi last year. Or maybe he enables the Yankees to land an ace at the deadline without moving Dominguez.

And my curiosity about his stuff isn't the fastball velo. I mean how are his 2nd/third pitches looking? Does he have the secondary pitches necessary to project as a starter?
    His secondary stuff looks really good.

Take a look at the Indios de Mayaguez twitter page.

@IndiosLBPRC

There is a clip of him striking out 7 hitters from his last start.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Seeing Medina pitch live and you left thinking "Man if that kid could find some control, look out!"....Fingers crossed!!

His secondary stuff looks really good.

Take a look at the Indios de Mayaguez twitter page.

@IndiosLBPRC

There is a clip of him striking out 7 hitters from his last start.
    Here's a link. That 4th K was a breaking ball that started belt height and bounced in the batters box.

https://twitter.com/Yankees_Beisbol/...23104049135616

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Here's a link. That 4th K was a breaking ball that started belt height and bounced in the batters box.

https://twitter.com/Yankees_Beisbol/...23104049135616
    He looks like a completely different pitcher. I wonder if the Yankees start him at AA next year.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Seeing Medina pitch live and you left thinking "Man if that kid could find some control, look out!"....Fingers crossed!!
    Looks like he might have found that control.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/...os-winter-ball

A pretty good read, this writer thinks Medina may have a higher ceiling than Garcia or Schmidt, and might even be able to contribute in 2021. If the guy can control his fastball and cut down on his walks, I'd love to see him make his debut in 21.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/...os-winter-ball

A pretty good read, this writer thinks Medina may have a higher ceiling than Garcia or Schmidt, and might even be able to contribute in 2021. If the guy can control his fastball and cut down on his walks, I'd love to see him make his debut in 21.
    He smoked guys at high A when i've seen him..He also walked a bunch. He had people uneasy in the box and I'm sure his control had a part in that. I think with control his ceiling is over Deivi for sure.

He smoked guys at high A when i've seen him..He also walked a bunch. He had people uneasy in the box and I'm sure his control had a part in that. I think with control his ceiling is over Deivi for sure.
    His control looked good in Puerto Rican league. Hopefully he can build upon that.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

The Yanks have signed Socrates Brito to a MiLB deal. Brito can play all 3 OF spots and is a lefty bat. Good Insurance
    I like the Brito signing but I want them to sign some Power arms out there. Coshow and Hooper would be nice.

The Yanks have signed Socrates Brito to a MiLB deal. Brito can play all 3 OF spots and is a lefty bat. Good Insurance
    I like the Brito signing but I want them to sign some Power arms out there. Coshow and Hooper would be nice.
    I know nothing about Socrates Brito but I love the name.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I know nothing about Socrates Brito but I love the name.
    this is the first thing I thought of when I heard his name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvKbbHKpwnU
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Thread Information