+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17
    Death Star Fully Operational

Re: Yankees 2020 Minor League News & Notes

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Because he doesn’t seem to be good at his job
    Eppler shouldn't be blame entirely for the Angels hot mess. Their owner is a major problem there. Furthermore, Eppler rebuilt their farm system which was at the bottom when he took over, but his owner with the exception of Ohtani, restricted Eppler from signing higher priced free agent pitchers.

Also, Eppler isn't going to be hired for GM, his forte is scouting and the Yankees can always use some help in that area especially from a recently fired GM that might bring a different, but a better perspective to the Yankees decision-making process.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

NYYF Legend

Took a ride to Somerset, TD Bank Park..From the outside it's real nice. Red brick with green trim. The Sparky statue is real cool!!. The inside is similar to Trenton but it seemed this park has more private Boxes? The park is right off 278 which works for me. The bad side is it's right by a busy shopping center. I could see some traffic issues? Hope i'm wrong. As far as parking goes, unless i'm missing something seems limited...RR i see runs right behind OF wall.

NYYF Legend

Because he doesnít seem to be good at his job
    Yeah, but Cashman likes good loyal dogs to be around even when they suck at their jobs.

See: Oppenheimer, Damon
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Took a ride to Somerset, TD Bank Park..From the outside it's real nice. Red brick with green trim. The Sparky statue is real cool!!. The inside is similar to Trenton but it seemed this park has more private Boxes? The park is right off 278 which works for me. The bad side is it's right by a busy shopping center. I could see some traffic issues? Hope i'm wrong. As far as parking goes, unless i'm missing something seems limited...RR i see runs right behind OF wall.
    If it's not a long walk why not just park at the shopping center? I plan to go there by train from Penn station.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    If it's not a long walk why not just park at the shopping center? I plan to go there by train from Penn station.
    I was thinking the same thing but i would guess they would be wise to that happening. When the Home Depot opened by YS i did it a once, Next time i tried it was event parking LOL . NJ transit stops right at the OF Wall.

NYYF Legend

I was thinking the same thing but i would guess they would be wise to that happening. When the Home Depot opened by YS i did it a once, Next time i tried it was event parking LOL . NJ transit stops right at the OF Wall.
    Doubt a mall would care about a minor league team. When I used to see the Florida Panthers play I would park at the mall across the street from the arena and no one cared about it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Doubt a mall would care about a minor league team. When I used to see the Florida Panthers play I would park at the mall across the street from the arena and no one cared about it.
    I guess well see. It's just across the street so it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stache Fan View Post
    Yes, how they physically mature is out of human hands. However, there are many body markers player development folks can and do look at to predict with a high degree of accuracy how these players will mature. How high is the waist? Are the shoulders rounded and pitched forward? Ratio of butt to trunk? These are all indicators of how and where a young player is likely to grow. They are also well-understood by player development teams who have seen literally thousands of players of all shapes and sizes grow into adults. You're insane if you think teams are handing out $5M to a guy and then saying, "well, hope he doesn't get too stiff!"

Sadly, your post demonstrates how out of touch and misinformed you are. While its true teams have been using these methods as indicators of future physical maturity for a very long time, if you think they are doing it "with a high degree of accuracy" you are insane. Signing classes are littered with guys that never physically matured as projected and has only gotten better recently when introduced with improved measurables.

A little research and you would've discovered the Yankees have handed out top bonuses to a few guys that ended up "getting too stiff" which would've been the equivalent to getting $5M today. Go look up Dermis Garcia as one example and educate yourself.
    Cashman told Accorsi, ď[B]I feel the responsibility of millions of Yankee fans on my shoulders, fans who take this very seriously and for which every game is very important. I think of that every day[/B].Ē

NYYF Legend

Yankees sign Micheal Beltre...OF ...Seems like no power but gets on base...

Richmond Virginians

He is still young (25) but you are right - no power for an outfielder.

NYYF Legend

Took a ride today to Dutchess Stadium. A large sign saying they are now the Yankee "High A" Affiliate. Lots of porta johns and equipment on site...Something going on already..LOL. The Parking lot has now been black topped...A ton of property to expand past the outfield wall. Should be fun to watch.

Took a ride today to Dutchess Stadium. A large sign saying they are now the Yankee "High A" Affiliate. Lots of porta johns and equipment on site...Something going on already..LOL. The Parking lot has now been black topped...A ton of property to expand past the outfield wall. Should be fun to watch.
    Iím gonna need some merch

NYYF Legend

Iím gonna need some merch
    Seems Sky blue is the color of the Renegades?

Seems Sky blue is the color of the Renegades?
    You donít think theyíll re-brand with the affiliate change?

I know they had a maroon/green mix for the first ten years or so

NYYF Legend

You don’t think they’ll re-brand with the affiliate change?

I know they had a maroon/green mix for the first ten years or so
    I don't know. I haven't heard anything. I do know that Joe Ausanio is now the director of baseball operations. Pretty cool...
    Last edited by Yankyfan; 11-23-20 at 05:30 PM.

NYYF Legend

Power pretty teachable, so is even plate discipline. Batting/contact skills aren't. Not to say I know if this guy has them, but I'm much more concerned about prospects having that.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Power pretty teachable, so is even plate discipline. Batting/contact skills aren't. Not to say I know if this guy has them, but I'm much more concerned about prospects having that.
    He's a big kid at 6-3 so it could develop. Taking a flyer never hurts..

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Yeah, but Cashman likes good loyal dogs to be around even when they suck at their jobs.

See: Oppenheimer, Damon

I agree. 10 years of terrible drafts and IFA. No one fired.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Thread Information