+ Reply to Thread

Happy Birthday, Soriambi!

No, really. December 4 is the legitimate Trishiambi birthday.

Have a good one, Kevin, even if you’ve deserted us. We need you here. Just a week or two ago we managed to hijack a thread without your help, but it was more work and less fun. Come back!

Re: Happy Birthday, Soriambi!

Happy birthday, Kevnambi! Where ya been hiding?!

NYYF Legend

Normally I refuse to participate in these false, sham, and contrary-to-evident fact Soriambi birthdays. However, if it will help to bring Kevin back, I will smother my principles and tender my best wishes for a happy birthday.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Normally I refuse to participate in these false, sham, and contrary-to-evident fact Soriambi birthdays. However, if it will help to bring Kevin back, I will smother my principles and tender my best wishes for a happy birthday.
    This is not false, sham, or contrary to fact, evident or otherwise.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    This is not false, sham, or contrary to fact, evident or otherwise.
    Taken in totality, multiple birthdays in a single calendar year are indeed false, sham, and contrary-to-evident fact. Fool me once...
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Taken in totality, multiple birthdays in a single calendar year are indeed false, sham, and contrary-to-evident fact. Fool me once...
    That's assuming that there have been multiple birthdays celebrated in the last calendar year. Plus, your hyphenation has been faulty in two posts now.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Soriambi who? I can't remember this guy.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

That's assuming that there have been multiple birthdays celebrated in the last calendar year. Plus, your hyphenation has been faulty in two posts now.
    1. Your defense is you have a short memory? I hold a grudge.

2. It depends on whether you think contrary-to-evident can be used as an adjective. It's not elegant, but I'm not sure it's wrong. I was sort of going for a Jim Jordan effect, so elegance was not my goal.

1. Your defense is you have a short memory? I hold a grudge.

2. It depends on whether you think contrary-to-evident can be used as an adjective. It's not elegant, but I'm not sure it's wrong. I was sort of going for a Jim Jordan effect, so elegance was not my goal.
    1. I believe that I have not posted such a thread this year. Last year is a different story.

2. In the first post, "contrary to evident fact" was a compound adjective modifying "Soriambi thread." Hence: "contrary-to-evident-fact Soriambi thread." In the second thread, there were three parallel adjectives listed; one of them had multiple words, but no hyphens were necessary. "Contrary to evident” was not modifying "fact." You were simply (and incorrectly) describing a condition as false, sham, and contrary to evident fact.

1. I believe that I have not posted such a thread this year. Last year is a different story.

2. In the first post, "contrary to evident fact" was a compound adjective modifying "Soriambi thread." Hence: "contrary-to-evident-fact Soriambi thread." In the second thread, there were three parallel adjectives listed; one of them had multiple words, but no hyphens were necessary. "Contrary to evident” was not modifying "fact." You were simply (and incorrectly) describing a condition as false, sham, and contrary to evident fact.
    This is the most ridiculous post I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    This is the most ridiculous post I've ever seen.
    No, it’s not. It’s not even the most ridiculous post I’ve ever made. It is, however, entirely accurate.

Besides, hijacking Soriambi's thread is worth the effort.

NYYF Legend

Happy Birthday Kevin.
    There's a sinister plot a brewin'

No, it’s not. It’s not even the most ridiculous post I’ve ever made. It is, however, entirely accurate.

Ridiculousness is subjective. It's the most ridiculous post I've ever seen if I say it is. The end.

NYYF Legend

There is no better tribute for a Soriambi birthday thread.

Yes, it was pretty ridiculous.

There is no better tribute for a Soriambi birthday thread.

Yes, it was pretty ridiculous.
    And yet, a flawless analysis of the use of hyphens. Hah.

I'm old. Thank you, everyone and also John. I'll try to hang out a bit more. I still pop in now and then but I realize not nearly as much.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    I'm old. Thank you, everyone and also John. I'll try to hang out a bit more. I still pop in now and then but I realize not nearly as much.
    You're welcome.
    There's a sinister plot a brewin'

Happy Birthday Soriambi!!!
    Ask me about my groin pull.

Thread Information