+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Re: 2020 Draft news and notes...

Quote Originally Posted by Newton View Post
    I like a couple guys in the phillies top 4.

There is no one there, and honestly no 2 players there I would trade Dominguez for (top end talent is so rare an valuable that I likely wouldn't deal him for their whole top 4)
    When you factor in how unlikely he is to reach his ceiling (hasn't even played pro ball), I'd trade him for the MLB ready Bohm in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    It depends on who's ranking you have confidence in. Only BA has it better than ours. McDaniel on ESPN has them rated one of the worse while he rates us #5. Even Keith Law has us rated much higher than the Phillies.

I had no idea Law had us that high. He must really believe in our development because most of our system is low level, high ceiling guys.

I've never really paid attention to McDaniel, but 5 is quite bold.

I guess part of the reason I am down on our system in comparison to these two is because 1) I don't believe the Jasson Dominguez hype. I know he has outstanding tools, but the kid hasn't even played pro ball yet. If I made a top 100 list, he'd be a borderline addition, and 2) Our other 2 top 100 guys (Schmidt and Deivi) only profile as number 3s if all goes well, where as a team like the Phillies' top pitching prospects (Howard and Morales) have the stuff to be number 1s.

So I assume there must be something about our system depth and development that catches Law's and McDaniel's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMan92 View Post
    When you factor in how unlikely he is to reach his ceiling (hasn't even played pro ball), I'd trade him for the MLB ready Bohm in a heartbeat.

I've never really paid attention to McDaniel, but 5 is quite bold.

I guess part of the reason I am down on our system in comparison to these two is because 1) I don't believe the Jasson Dominguez hype. I know he has outstanding tools, but the kid hasn't even played pro ball yet. If I made a top 100 list, he'd be a borderline addition, and 2) Our other 2 top 100 guys (Schmidt and Deivi) only profile as number 3s if all goes well, where as a team like the Phillies' top pitching prospects (Howard and Morales) have the stuff to be number 1s.

So I assume there must be something about our system depth and development that catches Law's and McDaniel's eyes.
    You didn't even mention SS Bryson Stott, he is better than anything we have at SS presently in milb. While I won't go as far to say I don't believe the hype on Dominguez, the reality is, he has yet to play and a lot of things can go wrong trying to project 16/17/18 year olds as we've seen in the past. Beyond the Phillies top 4, it takes a dramatic downturn afterwards and the Yankees bypass their system on the sheer depth of talent they have.
    Cashman told Accorsi, [B]I feel the responsibility of millions of Yankee fans on my shoulders, fans who take this very seriously and for which every game is very important. I think of that every day[/B].

Quote Originally Posted by NY_GOLDENARMS View Post
    You didn't even mention SS Bryson Stott, he is better than anything we have at SS presently in milb. While I won't go as far to say I don't believe the hype on Dominguez, the reality is, he has yet to play and a lot of things can go wrong trying to project 16/17/18 year olds as we've seen in the past. Beyond the Phillies top 4, it takes a dramatic downturn afterwards and the Yankees bypass their system on the sheer depth of talent they have.
    Okay that's fair. I think it's reasonable to favor the Yanks' system due to their much better depth.

Richmond Virginians

Death Star Fully Operational

Looks like the Yankees are going to be one of the last teams to sign their draft picks. At least that's my current perception as I'm seeing several teams signing their picks.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

NYYF Legend

Looks like the Yankees are going to be one of the last teams to sign their draft picks. At least that's my current perception as I'm seeing several teams signing their picks.
    I could care less when they do it as long as it gets done ...LOL 3 picks

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    I could care less when they do it as long as it gets done ...LOL 3 picks
    That's my concern.

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post
    The audio was Beck??

NYYF Legend

Well one pick signed. Two to go. Not a great rush to sign. Not like you can send them to the minor leagues this year.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Well one pick signed. Two to go. Not a great rush to sign. Not like you can send them to the minor leagues this year.
    It will be interesting to see how many teams send either draft picks or high-level prospects to their taxi squad camps to continue developing their skills.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    It will be interesting to see how many teams send either draft picks or high-level prospects to their taxi squad camps to continue developing their skills.
    I wonder what this missed time does to a guy like Dominguez, and how they will continue develop him this year.

What is the deadline for signing your 2020 draft picks?

NYYF Legend

What is the deadline for signing your 2020 draft picks?
    Thought it was August 1st.

NYYF Legend

Beck Way's twitter now says "Yankees Organization". While not official, it makes me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Beck Way's twitter now says "Yankees Organization". While not official, it makes me feel better.

Thread Information