+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 48 49 50 51
Results 1,251 to 1,258 of 1258
  1. #1251
    2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS aeromac76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huntington, NY

    Re: Astros cheating investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I agree word for word with 100% of what you've said here.

    I disagree strongly that you do what you say in the bolded.

    "tHe pAtRiOtZ aRe tHe GrEaTeSt eVaH!!!" isn't the opening to a respectful, adult conversation on a Yankees message board.

    Now that said, I am all for a little trash talk from those of other fandom persuasions, as long as it's above board and both give and take. But I really can't stand obvious trolls that simply continue to insist they're "just trying to have respectful, adult conversation by golly."



    False I am a die hard Yankees fan and I don't know BBs whole history, but as the one who really did engage him in the recent debate he did seem very nice to me and was not in attack mode. His point about the Pats could rile the Yankees fan a bit since the NY v Boston thing comes into play, but the point itself was sort of a salient one.. at least I thought so..


    I am not the biggest NFL fan, and when I do watch I am a Giants fan, so maybe given that the Pats don't bother me like they would Jets fans or for instance, my brother who is a Dolphins fan. The Gianst are the one team who seem to have put a dent in the Pats dynastic armor.. so maybe I just don't have the best perspective here but so far in this engagement with me BB has been respectful and courteous, even if we disagree on certain points..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

  2. #1252
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Lives on the ocean

    Re: Astros cheating investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    The trolling claims aside you have been polite to me so I will continue the same on my end.. I understand the Pats argument could rile up Yankee fans, but to your credit, it actually is true to a degree. Teams that get very good become polarizing, and they become the types of teams that it is either " you are with us or against us" and the Pats have gone into that domain. I do think the Yankees remain at the top of that though, because history does matter and the brand does matter. I'd even go as far to say the Pats may not be the most hated them in football overall, that honor might go to Dallas. Maybe I am wrong on that one.. don't follow the NFL as closely as the NHL and MLB.


    My point here goes back to your statement that just mentioning names may not hurt the brand and in that regard, I do happen to disagree. The players are the brand. The Yankees are not the Yankees without Ruth, Gehrig, Maris, DiMaggio, Mantle, Jeter, Rivera etc... And to your team, the Pats, they are not the Pats without Belicheck and Brady.



    We know what the Yankees did, but if all of a sudden names like Judge, and Sanchez and Severino and Gleyber were on paper specifically named in specific tasks.. that will hurt the brand. The same way that Brady being right at the fore of deflategate did hurt the Pats brand..
    Think of it this way, if we had found out only the rules that the Pats broke in deflategate but knew no names at all, would it have been as bad? No, it would not have been. Finding out Brady was the leader there did not change the offense or punishment to the organization itself, but it certainly made the situation seem a lot worse. It also led to an outcry for punishment for Brady specifically (which eventually happened).


    I think the Yankees fear the same. No new offense or different level of offense is in that letter in my opinion, but names are. And then the hue and cry to come down hard on specific players becomes an unwelcome and unneccessary distraction. Bottom line is this case is closed, and unless there are absolute new details (which both parties admit there are not) then all we are doing is reopening an old wound and sullying specific people for no reason.
    We may have a different point of view but your willingness to discuss in a courteous manner is greatly appreciated. After reading your arguments I've come around to accepting some of your conclusions. The problem as I see it on this forum unless your a diehard Yankee fan you get labeled a troll. Having had a highly insignificant baseball career I tend to look at teams in a different light. There are a few teams of which the Yankees are one of them I follow with interest. It took me a few years after playing to get back to being a fan. I have a son who according to PBR will likely get a shot . We've discussed the market and he has a wish list of teams. There are a few organizations he won't pass up college for. Neither the Yanks or Sox a preferred destination.

  3. #1253
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Astros cheating investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    False I am a die hard Yankees fan and I don't know BBs whole history, but as the one who really did engage him in the recent debate he did seem very nice to me and was not in attack mode. His point about the Pats could rile the Yankees fan a bit since the NY v Boston thing comes into play, but the point itself was sort of a salient one.. at least I thought so..


    I am not the biggest NFL fan, and when I do watch I am a Giants fan, so maybe given that the Pats don't bother me like they would Jets fans or for instance, my brother who is a Dolphins fan. The Gianst are the one team who seem to have put a dent in the Pats dynastic armor.. so maybe I just don't have the best perspective here but so far in this engagement with me BB has been respectful and courteous, even if we disagree on certain points..
    His whole history is the point really. He's here specifically to tweak Yankee fans. Which, again, when done out in the open can actually be an entertaining shtick. Right now it would honestly be a welcome distraction. But when you poke the bear numerous times, then get called out, lie about being a Red Sox fan, then admit it, then try to be covert again... it's no longer entertaining. It's laborious. ESPECIALLY when the troll gets called out and plays the victim card.

    Quote Originally Posted by BUZZARDS BAY View Post
    We may have a different point of view but your willingness to discuss in a courteous manner is greatly appreciated. After reading your arguments I've come around to accepting some of your conclusions. The problem as I see it on this forum unless your a diehard Yankee fan you get labeled a troll. Having had a highly insignificant baseball career I tend to look at teams in a different light. There are a few teams of which the Yankees are one of them I follow with interest. It took me a few years after playing to get back to being a fan. I have a son who according to PBR will likely get a shot . We've discussed the market and he has a wish list of teams. There are a few organizations he won't pass up college for. Neither the Yanks or Sox a preferred destination.
    Exhibit A.

    There are a number of Red Sox fans or fans of other teams that have been here longer than I have that are quite honestly treasured members of this forum. Specifically because they come here for the "adult baseball conversation" you proclaim to be seeking. Or to have a little good natured ribbing back and forth. Not to throw grenades in threads, masked in vaguarities, and then try to blame the absence of adult conversation on the rest of the participants. You're absolutely welcome here, and I couldn't keep you out even if I desired to (which I don't), but do better with that.

  4. #1254
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Lives on the ocean

    Re: Astros cheating investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    His whole history is the point really. He's here specifically to tweak Yankee fans. Which, again, when done out in the open can actually be an entertaining shtick. Right now it would honestly be a welcome distraction. But when you poke the bear numerous times, then get called out, lie about being a Red Sox fan, then admit it, then try to be covert again... it's no longer entertaining. It's laborious. ESPECIALLY when the troll gets called out and plays the victim card.

    Exhibit A.

    There are a number of Red Sox fans or fans of other teams that have been here longer than I have that are quite honestly treasured members of this forum. Specifically because they come here for the "adult baseball conversation" you proclaim to be seeking. Or to have a little good natured ribbing back and forth. Not to throw grenades in threads, masked in vaguarities, and then try to blame the absence of adult conversation on the rest of the participants. You're absolutely welcome here, and I couldn't keep you out even if I desired to (which I don't), but do better with that.
    Thank you for the welcome mat. But please know I have never claimed to be a diehard fan of any one team. As a kid growing up I was a Yankee fan. Not as much now but never a hugh Sox fan. The connection drawn by many here is because using their recent success to put into proper perspective what the home team has accomplished of late the assumption was made I'm a Sox fan. I get it. My interest and it holds true for my son is located on the West Coast. I am not a Yankee hater.That organization checks a lot of boxes.

  5. #1255
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Astros cheating investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by BUZZARDS BAY View Post
    Thank you for the welcome mat. But please know I have never claimed to be a diehard fan of any one team. As a kid growing up I was a Yankee fan. Not as much now but never a hugh Sox fan. The connection drawn by many here is because using their recent success to put into proper perspective what the home team has accomplished of late the assumption was made I'm a Sox fan. I get it. My interest and it holds true for my son is located on the West Coast. I am not a Yankee hater.That organization checks a lot of boxes.
    Ah, so you're just a casual baseball fan that has made all of three baseball related posts in the forum today. These two, and one in response to a discussion on the restraining order filed against David Ortiz. Interesting what topics attract such casual and broad discussion on all things baseball and not related to your favorite team that you're now trying to say isn't your favorite team.

    Become the troll you know you can be. It's dull when you try to hide it. Just go all in.

  6. #1256
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Lives on the ocean

    Re: Astros cheating investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Ah, so you're just a casual baseball fan that has made all of three baseball related posts in the forum today. These two, and one in response to a discussion on the restraining order filed against David Ortiz. Interesting what topics attract such casual and broad discussion on all things baseball and not related to your favorite team that you're now trying to say isn't your favorite team.

    Become the troll you know you can be. It's dull when you try to hide it. Just go all in.
    Think about it for a minute or so and just maybe you can grasp the logic or lack of as it relates to your post.
    Foremost I am not a casual fan of baseball. I live and breath it. Secondly the posts from yesterday was one to respond and two in case you haven't noticed this site is obsessed with everything Boston. No different than the NY Post. For whatever reason those writers focus more on what's happening in Boston than their own teams.
    Fog is lifting so heading out fishing. Enjoy your day.

  7. #1257
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: Astros cheating investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by BUZZARDS BAY View Post
    Think about it for a minute or so and just maybe you can grasp the logic or lack of as it relates to your post.
    Foremost I am not a casual fan of baseball. I live and breath it. Secondly the posts from yesterday was one to respond and two in case you haven't noticed this site is obsessed with everything Boston. No different than the NY Post. For whatever reason those writers focus more on what's happening in Boston than their own teams.
    Fog is lifting so heading out fishing. Enjoy your day.
    I honestly hope you enjoy your day too. As it relates to this site, if you want to stop being considered a troll stop behaving trollish. When 99% of your posts are no longer anti-Yankee and pro-Red Sox, you'll start to earn some benefit of the doubt. Until then, buckle up.

  8. #1258
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Lives on the ocean

    Re: Astros cheating investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I honestly hope you enjoy your day too. As it relates to this site, if you want to stop being considered a troll stop behaving trollish. When 99% of your posts are no longer anti-Yankee and pro-Red Sox, you'll start to earn some benefit of the doubt. Until then, buckle up.
    I'm looking forward to the day not only my posts but fellow posters here can have a more positive view . There are much harsher criticism being leveled by others.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts