+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 23 24 25 26
    NYYF Legend

Re: Astros cheating investigation

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    Probably wont happen...but it would be glorious if they collapse under the weight of this.
    85win team this season. I'm hoping. And Verlander gets hit hard and regularly lol.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

I have a proposal for additional punishment for the Astros (and Red Sox, if it is found that they cheated as well).

For one game each series, the pitcher must inform the batter what pitch is being thrown - if the pitcher does not throw that pitch (i.e. - he declares FB, but throws off-speed), it is an automatic ball. However, if the batter hits the improperly declared pitch and gets a hit, the hit stands; if he makes an out, it is a ball and he is still at bat with no out made.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    I have a proposal for additional punishment for the Astros (and Red Sox, if it is found that they cheated as well).

For one game each series, the pitcher must inform the batter what pitch is being thrown - if the pitcher does not throw that pitch (i.e. - he declares FB, but throws off-speed), it is an automatic ball. However, if the batter hits the improperly declared pitch and gets a hit, the hit stands; if he makes an out, it is a ball and he is still at bat with no out made.
    I get the desire to extract a price from them on the field in the literal sense, but altering the actual game mechanics further isn't the right way to do it IMHO. The right way to do it, which unfortunately ain't happening, is player suspensions.

Thread Information