+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Astros cheating investigation

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    While not evidence, one of the most trusted reporters in the sport, Joel Sherman, reported on this back in November. The buzzer possibility is definitely something that is known to people throughout baseball

https://nypost.com/2019/11/18/why-ro...sign-stealers/
    "MLB explored wearable devices during the investigation but found no evidence to substantiate it.Ē
    I really wonder how thoroughly they went about this part.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I really wonder how thoroughly they went about this part.
    I'd be willing to bet that if it's true, some players said it existed, others denied it, and it became a he-said-she-said thing meaning that in the end there was technically no evidence.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Louisville Slugger View Post
    What is this about Gleyber? I tried clicking the Mets link but you have to sign up.

"Beltrans niece" posted this before she made her account private. Same person people are pointing to regarding Astros.

https://twitter.com/hoodiegleyber/st...073175056?s=21
    My Top 100 Films of 2015: http://funnylookinfilms.tumblr.com/

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 21stAmendment View Post
    "Beltrans niece" posted this before she made her account private. Same person people are pointing to regarding Astros.

https://twitter.com/hoodiegleyber/st...073175056?s=21
    I wonder how many players from other teams knew about this cheating?

NYYF Legend

I'd be willing to bet that if it's true, some players said it existed, others denied it, and it became a he-said-she-said thing meaning that in the end there was technically no evidence.
    Right, this is where my head is as well. No smoking gun, so no substantiation. Next!
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

I feel like that should say

"Look ma! No buzzer this time!"
    Derek Jeter - Mariano Rivera - Bernie Williams - Don Mattingly
    My Core Four Ive Seen in my Lifetime

This has the feel of the original Spygate in the NFL. Commish squashes it before everyone realizes how bad it actually was so the sport does get destroyed.

I mean, why would Goodell burn the videos before anyone could see them?

Why did Mansfield say the 2019 season was already looked at and nothing else when the new evidence just came out?

Players union got some immunity to me.
    Derek Jeter - Mariano Rivera - Bernie Williams - Don Mattingly
    My Core Four Ive Seen in my Lifetime

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

2017 - Better than expected!

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

This just in.

Altuve's niece will report anonymously on twitter that:
    1. Altuve really was sitting on a slider.
    2. He suffers from gynecomastia.

He was made fun of as a child because of his man-boobs. Don't make the humiliation of him any worse than it has to be!

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Fantastic

Addicted Member

You guys reading Chapman's twitter?

https://twitter.com/AChapman_105/sta...32056364310528

lol.....

Lolol.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post

That is wonderful!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    **This Space For Rent**

Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    **This Space For Rent**

I think the lack of punishment to any of the players involved, has given this story even greater legs (and was also a very short-sighted way to deal with the problem). I thought when the story broke back in November, that THAT was the high-point in terms of what type of coverage this story would get. I think most fans were hoping/expecting harsher penalties, and in the absence of them, the story is now out of control. The entire matter is a laughinstock on Twitter. And Altuve isn't making it any better. Shy? Really?

This article, from today, discusses whether the WS can be taken away from HOU.

Can the World Series title be taken from the Astros?
    https://www.khou.com/article/sports/...f-595c8515f76a
    But as for the World Series title – it’s never been taken away from a team before, and won’t be now. “Nobody can take away the fact that the world series happened. The Astros did win those games. So that’s not something you see in American professional sports. There’s really no precedent for that in baseball," Pomrenke said.

Honestly, if Manfred wanted this story to go away in the most efficient way possible, it would've been to take away the WS from HOU. That would've been harsh, but it would've silenced any critics that HOU wasn't being punished enough.

Other sports have dealt with cheaters in harsh terms. There is no winner for the Tour De France for 1999-2005 even though those races occurred. Olympic medalists are forced to forfeit/return their medals if it is determined, even years later, that they cheated. So the precedent doesn't exist in baseball for revocations of this sort, but if MLB was serious about wanting to completely address all critics and make a bold statement, removing HOU as 2017 WS champions would've been one way to do it.

NYYF Legend

From the mouth of Mike Clevinger.

https://youtu.be/JCbQhKVNYkU
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Good for Clevinger. I hope this doesn't go away easily, and players being openly pissed off if helpful to that goal.

Tangentially, I was re-reading the commissioner's report, and this made me laugh, shake my head, and get pissed off in rapid succession:

Although the Astros’ players did not attempt to hide what they were doing from
    Hinch or other Astros employees, they were concerned about getting caught by players
    from other teams. Several players told my investigators that there was a sense of “panic”
    in the Astros’ dugout after White Sox pitcher Danny Farquhar appeared to notice the trash
    can bangs. Before the game ended, a group of Astros players removed the monitor from
    the wall in the tunnel and hid it in an office.
    Hopefully their fears were founded. Clevinger publicly airing them out is a good starting point. Hopefully it's not the high point.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Good for Clevinger. I hope this doesn't go away easily, and players being openly pissed off if helpful to that goal.

Tangentially, I was re-reading the commissioner's report, and this made me laugh, shake my head, and get pissed off in rapid succession:

Hopefully their fears were founded. Clevinger publicly airing them out is a good starting point. Hopefully it's not the high point.
    They were concerned about getting caught but yet...

Not one Astros player told MLB investigators he understood he was committing a violation, a source said.
    Calmer than you are

Boooooo. Really not a fan of Jessica Mendoza. IMHO Fiers did the right thing.

https://apple.news/A-cv5ZlLHQgW09hytytXJmg

Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    I think the lack of punishment to any of the players involved, has given this story even greater legs (and was also a very short-sighted way to deal with the problem). I thought when the story broke back in November, that THAT was the high-point in terms of what type of coverage this story would get. I think most fans were hoping/expecting harsher penalties, and in the absence of them, the story is now out of control. The entire matter is a laughinstock on Twitter. And Altuve isn't making it any better. Shy? Really?
    Totally agree. Baseball has a history of trying so hard to bury scandal that it boomerangs on them, yet they haven’t learned. From the “sternly worded letter” to shielding players that developed and managed this scheme from punishment, they fumble at each step. Guarantee if this hadn’t gone public but was brought solely to Manfred that it would have escalated in the consequence model to the We’re Serious This Time sternly worded letter.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Boooooo. Really not a fan of Jessica Mendoza. IMHO Fiers did the right thing.

https://apple.news/A-cv5ZlLHQgW09hytytXJmg
    Wow. I've stood behind her during all the neanderthal sexist comments directed at her for calling baseball games for ESPN but she lost me here. Of course she is backtracking now. Just an awful take Jessica.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post

That's fantastic! It makes me an instant fan of Clevinger. He is 100% right.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Haha, that is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post

This is awesome! And it shows how dangerous it will be if MLB does not punish the players involved with this. Other players are pissed off and will take it upon themselves to dish out the punishment. This could get ugly unless MLB steps up.

NYYF Cy Young

Canít wait to thise guys get to the field, I suspect a few or them will be taken down a few times this year with 95+mph

Thread Information