+ Reply to Thread
    Devoted Member

Playoff refund info

2019 World Series Refund Information
    Thank you for your recent purchase of tickets for potential World Series (the “WS”) games at Yankee Stadium. Because the Yankees did not advance to the 2019 World Series, World Series Home Game 1, 2, 3 and 4 will not be played at the Stadium.

If you purchased individual tickets to the above game(s) on the phone or online via yankees.com, you will receive a full refund from Ticketmaster. The refund will be issued as a credit to the credit card used for the purchase of the respective postseason tickets. Postseason tickets to postseason games that are not played have no cash value and should not be returned to the Yankees.

On behalf of the entire Yankees organization, thank you for your continued and loyal support. Please do not hesitate to contact the Yankee Stadium Ticket Office at (212) YANKEES or via email at tickets@yankees.com if you have any questions.

Of note - no mention of timing of refunds

Devoted Member

Re: Playoff refund info

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Thank you for your recent purchase of tickets for potential World Series (the “WS”) games at Yankee Stadium. Because the Yankees did not advance to the 2019 World Series, World Series Home Game 1, 2, 3 and 4 will not be played at the Stadium.

If you purchased individual tickets to the above game(s) on the phone or online via yankees.com, you will receive a full refund from Ticketmaster. The refund will be issued as a credit to the credit card used for the purchase of the respective postseason tickets. Postseason tickets to postseason games that are not played have no cash value and should not be returned to the Yankees.

On behalf of the entire Yankees organization, thank you for your continued and loyal support. Please do not hesitate to contact the Yankee Stadium Ticket Office at (212) YANKEES or via email at tickets@yankees.com if you have any questions.

I got my refund for ALCS home game 4 on October 16 (before home games 2 and 3 had been played).
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Devoted Member

Tickets purchased on Ticketmaster during presale now show as cancelled. Refunds were processed on Oct 21 They said 3-5 business days before credit is seen on credit card

Tickets purchased on Ticketmaster during presale now show as cancelled. Refunds were processed on Oct 21 They said 3-5 business days before credit is seen on credit card
    Ticketmaster refund received on Oct 21, Yankees post season refund should be any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Ticketmaster refund received on Oct 21, Yankees post season refund should be any day now.
    My Ticketmaster refund posted this morning.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    My Ticketmaster refund posted this morning.
    Mine as well

Forum Regular

Anyone get playoff strip refunds yet?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetercanotexarod View Post
    Anyone get playoff strip refunds yet?
    If I remember it gets netted out against ones season ticket payments. The next payment is Nov 1st so well see if the credit hits.

My Rep said unplayed games refund due on my regular season tix would be applied to payments due for 2020.....strip refunds would hit Credit Card in 6-8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by oldandintheway View Post
    My Rep said unplayed games refund due on my regular season tix would be applied to payments due for 2020.....strip refunds would hit Credit Card in 6-8 weeks.
    When paying for the tickets (strip or invoiced), you have the option of refund or credit to account. I chose refund for each, those will probably come in a little before xmas time, not the worst timing.

Devoted Member

If I remember it gets netted out against ones season ticket payments. The next payment is Nov 1st so well see if the credit hits.
    Received charge for payment 3/4 on season tickets last night so I guess I will receive a refund in 6-8 weeks.

Forum Regular

Thanks, I chose refund. Sounds like it will still be a few more weeks.

I do what I do most seasons and file a dispute with my credit card company for the unplayed games.

NYYF Cy Young

I received my refund today.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    I received my refund today.
    was this for pre-sale tickets or strips?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    was this for pre-sale tickets or strips?
    This specific one was for ticket strip World Series tickets. I got pre-sale ticket refunds about a week and a half ago.

is anyone else still waiting for their refund? I applied most of the credit to my next year, but they still owe me about $600.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    is anyone else still waiting for their refund? I applied most of the credit to my next year, but they still owe me about $600.
    I am still waiting as well. Spoke to my rep and he indicated the refunds will be process at end of Nov/early Dec. He was able to net it out against my Dec payment so that I will not be receiving a charge but simply receiving a refund.

Forum Regular

I spoke to my rep today. They said they just started working on refunds for playoff strips and should be processed within the next few weeks. They must be making some nice interest on all these refunds.

I spoke to my rep today. They said they just started working on refunds for playoff strips and should be processed within the next few weeks. They must be making some nice interest on all these refunds.
    Is this dependent on your ticket rep? I got my refunds back for strip, pre-sale purchase, and invoiced tickets already. Like 2 weeks ago now.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by gullo317 View Post
    Is this dependent on your ticket rep? I got my refunds back for strip, pre-sale purchase, and invoiced tickets already. Like 2 weeks ago now.
    My experience is that there is very little coordination between the ticket reps and the box office. One time a couple years ago I asked my ticket rep if he could hold some seats for me for relocation and he said he would ask the box office and see what they could do. So my new invoice came about a week later and it already had the new seats on it. I thanked the ticket rep for doing that, and he said the box office never got back to him so he didn't even know it had happened. So I think the box office has a mind of its own.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Devoted Member

Just got my final refund today for my strips

Just got my final refund today for my strips
    I still didn't get mine

Thread Information