+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    NYYF MVP

Re: 2019-2020 New York Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Fizdale is going to get fired in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    How does a guy like Mills get to keep his job?
    Questionable decisions all around. From roster construction to their handling of the young players. It seems that Dolan finally let the basketball guys run the show, but I wonder how much time he gives them.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Questionable decisions all around. From roster construction to their handling of the young players. It seems that Dolan finally let the basketball guys run the show, but I wonder how much time he gives them.
    Such a sad organization.
    They should just keep Fizdale on board - he's helping the tank.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    How does a guy like Mills get to keep his job?
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I want to blame Dolan, but, he needs to strip his basketball operations from Steve Mills. He's the common denominator through different rebuilds. If I was him, I would fire Steve Mills and hire somebody from outside the organization to rebuild the managerial staff including GM and HC.
    Cashman: Death Star Fully Operational

NYYF Legend

I want to blame Dolan, but, he needs to strip his basketball operations from Steve Mills. He's the common denominator through different rebuilds. If I was him, I would fire Steve Mills and hire somebody from outside the organization to rebuild the managerial staff including GM and HC.
    Look at the post I was responding to.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Look at the post I was responding to.
    I quoted your post, but, I wasn't responding to just your post. I'm just stating that Dolan needs to clean house since the team has hit rock bottom.

NYYF Legend

I quoted your post, but, I wasn't responding to just your post. I'm just stating that Dolan needs to clean house since the team has hit rock bottom.
    I think many Knick fans have been saying for some time now that they hope the cleaning starts with owner. But owners don't usually get rid of themselves so the best you can hope for is he somehow hires quality people and lets them do their job. That hasn't seemed like the Knicks for some time though.

Jed York in SF seems to be one owner who realized he blew it and has since gotten out of meddling in the day to day operations that lead to quite a bit of dysfunction not too long ago and let his football people make the decisions. Not all owners get that light bulb moment though.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

The reason Mills has a job is because he's in Dolan's inner circle. Just like Isiah, those guys don't go away without the workplace equivalent of chemo or amputation.

Julius Randle is difficult to watch. Whether it's half-assed box outs, feebly getting stripped of the ball, or indulging in ill-advised ISO fadeaways, he plays with a distinct lack of effort and minimal awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Julius Randle is difficult to watch. Whether it's half-assed box outs, feebly getting stripped of the ball, or indulging in ill-advised ISO fadeaways, he plays with a distinct lack of effort and minimal awareness.
    He's a turnover machine. They need to get rid of his butt.

God that was satisfying. KP is undeniably soft. Spent much of the game lingering around the 3 point line being guarded by DSJ lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    God that was satisfying. KP is undeniably soft. Spent much of the game lingering around the 3 point line being guarded by DSJ lol.
    It was an interesting game with the Knicks playing hard for once.

I hope Fizdale is fired tonight.

The Knicks blew a 15 point 2nd half lead. With 2 seconds left, he calls a timeout to:

- bench a hot RJ Barrett in favor of Wayne Ellington (who hadn't played a single minute yet)
    - draw up an ISO play for trash can Julius Randle at the elbow

Randle of course didn't get the shot off in time, and it was a fadeaway airball anyway. It actually looked like a broken play, but Fizdale the idiot confirmed that this was the plan all along.

NYYF Legend

Sounds like tanking to me

NYYF Legend

Trade every player for a pick other then Robinson and Barrett!! Tank the season again and hope for Cole...Simple

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Sounds like tanking to me
    Tanking doesn't guarantee you're going to get the best players in the draft though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Trade every player for a pick other then Robinson and Barrett!! Tank the season again and hope for Cole...Simple
    IMO, that's not a strategy when you're hoping to get lucky with the balls with the latest draft lottery rules.

NYYF Legend

IMO, that's not a strategy when you're hoping to get lucky with the balls with the latest draft lottery rules.
    Nope not a guarantee but ups the odds. What's the option?

Nope not a guarantee but ups the odds. What's the option?
    Not by much like it was 3 years ago. The option is better scouting and development as other teams built really good teams without tanking and having a top 3 pick.

NYYF Legend

Not by much like it was 3 years ago. The option is better scouting and development as other teams built really good teams without tanking and having a top 3 pick.
    It's my belief in the NBA if you're not winning it all, your're better off losing big with in that season. Being mediocre keeps you mediocre.

It's my belief in the NBA if you're not winning it all, your're better off losing big with in that season. Being mediocre keeps you mediocre.
    You can believe anything you want, but, unless the Knicks become better at scouting and player development then their non-winning ways will continue for many years to come. Hell, even the 76ers with follow "The Process" had several top five picks (before the NBA changed the lottery pick system) and only hit on two of them, Simmons and Embiid. While Fultz, Okafor and Noel were busts for them. The Knicks can't afford to follow "The Process" under a different draft lottery system that doesn't reward tanking like it did with the 76ers, without improving their scouting and player development.

Another thing the Knicks need is good luck which they haven't had for over 25 years. They're like a jinxed organization.

Knicks have 20 regular season wins since opening day 2018. Same as the New England Patriots.

NYYF Legend

You can believe anything you want, but, unless the Knicks become better at scouting and player development then their non-winning ways will continue for many years to come. Hell, even the 76ers with follow "The Process" had several top five picks (before the NBA changed the lottery pick system) and only hit on two of them, Simmons and Embiid. While Fultz, Okafor and Noel were busts for them. The Knicks can't afford to follow "The Process" under a different draft lottery system that doesn't reward tanking like it did with the 76ers, without improving their scouting and player development.

Another thing the Knicks need is good luck which they haven't had for over 25 years. They're like a jinxed organization.
    LOL ...Counting on better odds doesn't work but wishing for luck does? Yes, Development is important. But Developing talent with a higher ceiling work better.

LOL ...Counting on better odds doesn't work but wishing for luck does? Yes, Development is important. But Developing talent with a higher ceiling work better.
    Based on the last three decades, having good luck hasn’t worked for the Knicks either when it comes to the draft.

NYYF Legend

Based on the last three decades, having good luck hasn’t worked for the Knicks either when it comes to the draft.
    gotta figure you're due at some point

Barrett seems like he'll be pretty good

Thread Information