+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: 2019-2020 New York Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Don't forget CAA in your suspicions. I don't quite understand your position considering what has been leading the Knicks for the last 20 years.
    Same person is still leading the team, isn't he?

On the positive side, they haven't done anything Knick-like this offseason (e.g., signing Westbrook) and have maintained their flexibility, and I think the strategy of stockpiling 2023 2nd round draft choices is interesting, whether it works out or not.

What makes me more skeptical is that their front office and coaching staff feel a bit thrown together, and it's not clear what they are trying to build. But some progress this year and some luck in the lottery might be enough to entice a free agent or two, and they could quickly turn into an Eastern Conference contender. I'm certainly rooting for it to happen, but not quite ready to get on the train yet.

Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Same person is still leading the team, isn't he?

On the positive side, they haven't done anything Knick-like this offseason (e.g., signing Westbrook) and have maintained their flexibility, and I think the strategy of stockpiling 2023 2nd round draft choices is interesting, whether it works out or not.

What makes me more skeptical is that their front office and coaching staff feel a bit thrown together, and it's not clear what they are trying to build. But some progress this year and some luck in the lottery might be enough to entice a free agent or two, and they could quickly turn into an Eastern Conference contender. I'm certainly rooting for it to happen, but not quite ready to get on the train yet.
    Dude, as my smileys indicated, I was kidding as we all know Rose's connection to CAA. What I don't know if that's a bad thing yet as it's entirely possible it could be a good thing too. In time, we'll find out.

By the way, who's ready to get on the Knicks train yet? I haven't watched a Knicks NBA championship since I was a college freshman. Several of you have never watched such a NBA championship.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    It’s as if they’re paying Gordon $39M a year for the next 3 years (after the stretch of Batum). That’s bonkers.

Looks like the last remaining PG available via free agency will be Jeff Teague.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/why-knicks-...200903295.html

Apparently Charlotte may still be looking to trade Batum. I'd love to see the Knicks grab a #1 for taking on that salary - it might end up being a decent pick with the Hornets betting on Hayward's health and Ball's development

Thread Information