+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2019-2020 New York Knicks

New season starts in two days.

Few things:

• Barrett looks really good. He did in Summer League too. He's not really that athletic but he's going to be very good, especially when his 3 improves. Fills up the box and his defense has been solid.

• Knox has clearly gotten stronger. In pre-season he's been much better at finishing through contact.

• I don't like all these vets they signed. Less is more in basketball. I think it could be an issue cause Fizdale is going to want to win games. I could see him having low tolerance for rookie/second year players.

• I'm not a fan of DSJ. I think he's a shooting guard playing point. I'm not sure he and Barrett's games fit.

• Anyone noticing the media is acting as if Durant didn't have a career altering injury? Pretty sure if he signed with the Knicks we would never stop hearing about it.

NYYF Legend

Re: 2019-2020 New York Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    • Anyone noticing the media is acting as if Durant didn't have a career altering injury? Pretty sure if he signed with the Knicks we would never stop hearing about it.
    I wonder if KD/Kyrie have noticed yet that nobody is paying attention to them anymore because they play for the Nets. I wonder if he thought he would get the same NYC media attention.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I wonder if KD/Kyrie have noticed yet that nobody is paying attention to them anymore because they play for the Nets. I wonder if he thought he would get the same NYC media attention.
    It's possible that's what they wanted. I remember Alan Hahn during the summer saying they he thinks they picked the Nets so they can be in NY and not be so much in the spotlight.

It's possible that's what they wanted. I remember Alan Hahn during the summer saying they he thinks they picked the Nets so they can be in NY and not be so much in the spotlight.
    That and they probably realize Dolan's ownership is a dumpster fire. Expect them to get lots of attention if/when the Nets make a deep playoff run.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JRRandall View Post
    That and they probably realize Dolan's ownership is a dumpster fire. Expect them to get lots of attention if/when the Nets make a deep playoff run.
    They don't care about Dolan, they care about going to a winning team

The problem here, specifically, is that the Knicks (and fans) didn't push for Kyrie and he didn't feel wanted like with the Nets, and KD just followed Kyrie

They don't care about Dolan, they care about going to a winning team
    These two things are not mutually exclusive. The Knicks are incapable of winning with a dysfunctional organizational model. Probably the worst run organization in all of sports if not for the Dan Synder Redskins.

Kyrie wanted to go to his favorite team growing up. Durant really wanted to play with him.

Contrary to what the media tells you, that's what happened.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JRRandall View Post
    The Knicks are incapable of winning with a dysfunctional organizational model.
    That leaky ship sailed a long time ago, Dolan no longer meddles in basketball affairs

The Knicks need a point guard badly. Dennis Smith JR appears to be a bust.
    Cashman: Death Star Fully Operational

RJ Barrett looks terrific. Just needs to work on his free throws.

Devoted Member

RJ Barrett looks terrific. Just needs to work on his free throws.
    He’s better than I thought. Knox has looked better also.

They really have no confidence in any of their point guards - kind of surprised they aren’t giving Frank a shot.

Knicks will be bad again. With a little lotto luck they can get a PG.

NYYF Legend

They need to be bottom 5 bad again, not bottom 8 bad.

Trade everyone except RJB and Mitch. Hope Knox develops, but it's an extreme longshot that he's anything more than a bench player.

NYYF Legend

Love me some RJB. He’s been amazing. Just clean up the FT issue.

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    They really have no confidence in any of their point guards - kind of surprised they aren’t giving Frank a shot.
    Well he finally got some run tonight, but I still don't understand what was going on in the previous games.

Frank has played Kyrie well in the past and couldn't get off the bench vs. Brooklyn. He also looked really good at FIBA and outplayed Kemba, yet only saw the floor for 18 seconds vs. Boston. Meanwhile DSJ gets opportunity after opportunity to hurt this team.

Frank surely has his flaws but I can only assume this is all because he was chosen by the previous regime, and is not one of Perry/Fizdale's guys.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    They need to be bottom 5 bad again, not bottom 8 bad.

Trade everyone except RJB and Mitch. Hope Knox develops, but it's an extreme longshot that he's anything more than a bench player.
    You never know with the new lottery odds. It's just maddening they couldn't keep Porzingis engaged - this is an interesting team with him on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Well he finally got some run tonight, but I still don't understand what was going on in the previous games.

Frank has played Kyrie well in the past and couldn't get off the bench vs. Brooklyn. He also looked really good at FIBA and outplayed Kemba, yet only saw the floor for 18 seconds vs. Boston. Meanwhile DSJ gets opportunity after opportunity to hurt this team.

Frank surely has his flaws but I can only assume this is all because he was chosen by the previous regime, and is not one of Perry/Fizdale's guys.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the plan is there. They extend the guy, and won't trade him, but also won't play him. I'm glad their hand is being forced here - I hope he can make a strong case for himself. If not, they should probably deal him.

This team is horrible. I'm getting the impression that Fizdale isn't much of a HC. For once can they get lucky and get the first or second pick in the draft. I expect them to start trading off some pieces before the trading deadline to accumulate some more draft choices.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    This team is horrible. I'm getting the impression that Fizdale isn't much of a HC. For once can they get lucky and get the first or second pick in the draft. I expect them to start trading off some pieces before the trading deadline to accumulate some more draft choices.
    I wouldn't say horrible, I'd say very young. They have good pieces but big holes too. I don't know about Fizdale either, but he's there to develop talent

I wouldn't say horrible, I'd say very young. They have good pieces but big holes too. I don't know about Fizdale either, but he's there to develop talent
    No, they're horrible as I'm not talking about Barrett and some of the young guys. They're awful defensive-wise and they desperately need a really good point guard that can get his own shot and setup his teammates properly.

Also, RJ is going to live on the free throw line so they need to quickly find him a free throw guru.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    No, they're horrible as I'm not talking about Barrett and some of the young guys. They're awful defensive-wise and they desperately need a really good point guard that can get his own shot and setup his teammates properly.

Also, RJ is going to live on the free throw line so they need to quickly find him a free throw guru.
    Cole Anthony, come on down!

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Cole Anthony, come on down!
    We can only hope and that he's better than his Dad was for the Knicks.

Knicks beat Mavericks and Porzingis.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

How is it possible for the Knicks to be this crappy for this long? It's gotta be a statistical anomaly at this point. The NBA is second only to the NFL in how quickly teams can turn around from basement to division leader yet the Knicks have been rebuilding for this entire century.

Fizdale is going to get fired in the near future.

NYYF Legend

How does a guy like Mills get to keep his job?

Thread Information