+ Reply to Thread
Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 169 170 171 172
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 4300

Re: Official 2019-20 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rhod0406 View Post
    On a 1 year deal, it is worth it. You dont want to go into next season with Tauchman as your only CF option.
    What about Frazier? And as far as Happ gone goes, we havenít heard a peep on German...

Quote Originally Posted by Bronman View Post
    Yeah I hope so too. You guys are welcome over at our Angels forum anytime.

Id rather them sign Keuchel and trade for Kluber or Carrasco but we will see.
    Do the Dodgers run youíre forum?

Yeah hopefully we don't give up to much if we trade for him, unless they throw in Lindor also
    Of the FA pitchers left, now Keuchel looks like the golden match in terms of likely cost and GB tendencies. Half of the rotation being Ohtani, Keuchel, Bundy isn't actually the worst, and of the last two spots if you fill one with a trade and let the 5th spot be a competition of who you have right now.

Kluber (and Price, according to the reddit dude but I hope not from a Yankee fan's standpoint) is certainly a good name, but one possibility outside the box might be Yu Darvish with 4/81M left on his contract. With the current inflation his cost isn't too bad, and with the Cubs desperately trying to cut payroll I don't think he'll cost too much prospect wise too.

Would you guys say Trout and Rendon is the best 1-2 punch in baseball now?
    Any 1-2 punch where one of them was Mike Trout was automatically a candidate for the best 1-2 punch every year even if the 2 was average, so by making Rendon the "2" I'd say it probably would be. Now, IF (a very big one, no doubt) say Judge-Stanton magically reprise 2017 together then I'll take that but that's about it I can think of recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Krall View Post
    What about Frazier? And as far as Happ gone goes, we havenít heard a peep on German...
    german isnt costing 17 mill though . cant expect the yanks to say anything about german until the investigation is over and the suspension is handed down. as for frazier he cant play cf and they wouldnt get much for him anyway .

Clint Frazier and "CF option" do not make a match. I don't dislike him or anything but Frazier in the corner OF was as cringe worthy as Andujar on 3B, but god forbid in CF...?

Do the Dodgers run youíre forum?
    That's funny. I'll take that one.

And your*

Quote Originally Posted by H.Kokubo View Post
    Clint Frazier and "CF option" do not make a match. I don't dislike him or anything but Frazier in the corner OF was as cringe worthy as Andujar on 3B, but god forbid in CF...?
    Agreed, let's see if Frazier can handle a corner first. I know it won't happen, but I would like to see Judge as our backup CFer. He doesn't get enough credit for how athletic he is out in the field. I'd have full confidence with him in center a couple times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob035 View Post
    Agreed, let's see if Frazier can handle a corner first. I know it won't happen, but I would like to see Judge as our backup CFer. He doesn't get enough credit for how athletic he is out in the field. I'd have full confidence with him in center a couple times a week.
    thats a long stint on the IL waiting to happen . he has trouble staying healthy in the corner outfield spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    thats a long stint on the IL waiting to happen . he has trouble staying healthy in the corner outfield spot.
    I've heard that line of thinking before but is there really any evidence that playing center field is somehow more dangerous than playing right field? It seems silly to anyone who's played the game before to think there's actually much of a difference.

What are your guys thoughts on Dellin? Should we pursue him or is he done from the crazy workload he had with you guys?

What are your guys thoughts on Dellin? Should we pursue him or is he done from the crazy workload he had with you guys?
    he is willing to accept a 1 year deal , i would say go for him . nothing to risk other than 9 or 10 mill for one year .

I've heard that line of thinking before but is there really any evidence that playing center field is somehow more dangerous than playing right field? It seems silly to anyone who's played the game before to think there's actually much of a difference.
    there is a difference since the center fielder has to cover more ground than a right or left fielder . especially in yankee stadium when the center field goes father back than right or center field .

NYYF Legend

In an effort to clear some salary (to pay for the inevitable re-signing of Brett Gardner), JA Haap probably needs to be dealt. I like Haap as a 5th starter, but CF depth and BUC are two holes that need to be filled and collectively Montgomery, German, Loaisiga & Mike King can adequately replace Haap.

I'm good with Gardner and Tauchman patrolling CF until Hicks gets back. I'm concerned about Higashioka not as a backup, but as an everyday C if/when Sanchez gets hurt, and then who backs Higashioka up?

The White Sox recently signed Yasmani Grandal to be their starting catcher, and have two interesting BUCs on their 40-man: James McCann and former 1st round draft pick Zack Collins. They can really use Haap to bolster their rotation.

Is there a deal to be made here, or is there a better deal that can be made?
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Considering the risk/reward and your team's current situation he's more than worth it on a flyer if you ask me. He isn't worth it for the Yankees not because he's bad but because we already have a killer bullpen, but for a team that doesn't have a quad-head monster he is an upside of a top 5-10 reliever who can be had for a short term pillow contract.

Heck, as of right now he is already perhaps the best FA RP candidate left, and with Cole/Stras/Rendon/Wheeler gone I expect his name to be popping up sooner or later for bullpen depleted teams.

16 series hitting .196. Doesn't hit with RISP.
    Who am i?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKeegs View Post
    Who am i?
    sanchez or didi

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    sanchez or didi
    Close, but try again.

NYYF Triple Crown

Who am i?
    Judge or Stanton

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Judge or Stanton
    No. But, sadly if you think about it..It could be almost anyone lol

Who am i?
    Gardner? Lol

Close, but try again.
    greg bird.

speaking of crappy hitters , encarcion is drawing interested from 5 different teams .

NYYF Legend

What about Frazier? And as far as Happ gone goes, we haven’t heard a peep on German...
    Frazier can't play the corners well, CF is a non-starter. As to Happ, I don't think his fate is tied at all to German's. I think it's a fair assumption German will be suspended, but that doesn't mean they'll keep Happ whose salary they'd love to move at least in part. My guess is they'll let young pitchers like Montgomery, King, Loaisiga et al. slug it out in ST for the Temp #5 spot for however long German is out. When your top 4 are Cole-Severino-Tanaka-Paxton you can afford to do this.

I'm glad you know what everyone who's played the game before thinks.

I'm not aware of any data either way on the risk in this situation but even if it exists I doubt the data set contains many 6'7" 280 lb. players with some injury history. Maybe there is no enhanced risk but JMO, Judge's health is too precious to make him the "guinea pig" in this kind of experiment.

That's funny. I'll take that one.

And your*
    It was a reference to the fact that this site is owned by SNY, the New York-area sports network that is owned by the Wilpons, who own the New York Mets. SNY broadcasts Mets games as well.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

Who am i?
    Brett "The No Hit Man" Gardner....

Wonderful. So when Tauchman is hitting well when Hicks comes back Tauchman gets banished & Gardner gets to stay. Why can't Cashman just cut the cord. I know he's Cashman's scholarship player but even Joe Montana & Jerry Rice were let go from SF...

I'll remind myself a few times we got Cole & that will help me calm down...
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King...Ö

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I'm glad you know what everyone who's played the game before thinks.

I'm not aware of any data either way on the risk in this situation but even if it exists I doubt the data set contains many 6'7" 280 lb. players with some injury history. Maybe there is no enhanced risk but JMO, Judge's health is too precious to make him the "guinea pig" in this kind of experiment.
    Haha maybe the wording was a bit strong, but the motions in the corners are the same as they are in center. I just donít buy that covering two gaps is a greater injury risk than 1 gap and a line. In fact, I wouldnít be surprised if the extra wall to contend with in the corners created a higher risk to injury.

Judge is extremely athletic and would do just fine backing up center. I donít see it as a huge risk. But yeah, it wonít happen.

Thread Information