+ Reply to Thread
Page 363 of 363 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 360 361 362 363
Results 9,051 to 9,065 of 9065
    Addicted Member

Re: Official 2019-20 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    The Blake effect? Jesus. Can we all stop pretending Blake has revolutionized pitching?

He's done really nothing. Still very much TBD the impact he has on Yankee pitching.

Absolutely. A topic for next off-season, after we've learned something.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    So much for being calmer than I am 😂

Optimally you get Ray to the Astros for ST and then over to NYY.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Obnoxio View Post
    Optimally you get Ray to the Astros for ST and then over to NYY.
    Yup. Houston has the formula for improving spin rate. Be interesting to see if that gets exposed this season. They take average pitchers and guys thought to be done and make them winners.

Death Star Fully Operational

The Blake effect? Jesus. Can we all stop pretending Blake has revolutionized pitching?

He's done really nothing. Still very much TBD the impact he has on Yankee pitching.
    Well, he's helped your boy Mike King become a better pitcher. Now, we'll see if that translates to major league success.

NYYF Legend

Iím with you, Iím excited whit what Blake might be bringing to the table but letís see if it translates into results before anointing him the chosen one.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BUZZARDS BAY View Post
    Yup. Houston has the formula for improving spin rate. Be interesting to see if that gets exposed this season. They take average pitchers and guys thought to be done and make them winners.
    Morton go better when he left to tampa.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Huh? Cole never played for an NL East team.
    NL Central. C'mon, you know which team I meant.

So you would rather see Larry still chewing his gum looking at birds from the dugout instead?

I like what he was doing in Cleveland developing young guys. And I hated what Larry was doing here. So, win win for me. We got a bunch of young guys he can develop here too.

Sorry for being optimistic.
    Derek Jeter - Mariano Rivera - Bernie Williams - Don Mattingly
    My Core Four Ive Seen in my Lifetime

Hope Clint crushes in ST, and Yankees finally do the smart thing and trade him.
    I hope Clint crushes all season and becomes a star left fielder so I never have to hope for Stanton to be healthy longer than a week again.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Morton go better when he left to tampa.
    Marginal speaking, that is correct. He has shown improvement each of the last 3 seasons. Cole also showed improvement in his 2nd year with Houston. Clearly a case of rep's improving their new found approach to pitching. Fully expect Cole to bring that knowledge with him and hopefully share with the staff.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    Absolutely. A topic for next off-season, after we've learned something.
    Very reasonable position. We all should acknowledge at the very least he comes with great expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by BUZZARDS BAY View Post
    Very reasonable position. We all should acknowledge at the very least he comes with great expectations.
    Heís got some big shoes to fill.

/sarc
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    I hope Clint crushes all season and becomes a star left fielder so I never have to hope for Stanton to be healthy longer than a week again.

Yes...
    Derek Jeter - Mariano Rivera - Bernie Williams - Don Mattingly
    My Core Four Ive Seen in my Lifetime

Thread Information