+ Reply to Thread
Page 295 of 312 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 305 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 7778

Re: Official 2019-20 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I agree. The way to kill it would be to spread memes associating the phrase with Pepe the Frog giving the old "OK" sign.
    Not that worried it will need to be killed. It'll go away on its own. Attention spans are short these days. It's just a painful moment in time. Hard for me to process the shear stupidity of it. But thanks for reminding me it doesn't stand alone. What some say "ok" means now is possibly even dumber.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    We had one of the worst defensive infields (28 out of 30 OAA) in baseball last season. That would have been a pretty easy/cheap place to improve. There's absolutely no guarantee Wade/Estrada can be that defensive type (ie Inglesias). Cashman needs to do something here.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/infie...show&type=team
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Fine, but he has to keep the Kid 'n Play haircut.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

You guys keep saying Kid 'n Play, but that's not even close to a high top fade.

His hair is straight out of the movie Swingers - the type of hairstyle that gives me legit douche chills when I see it in person.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Just looking a bit deeper into the team infield OOA numbers.

Through March/April & May we were -1 and ranked 20th. Still not great but much closer to average. Then Didi came back in June, and murdered us with his defense AND moved DJL off 2B full-time. That hurt us a lot.

Playing DJL full-time next year @ 2B & Gleyber SS should help the middle infield. Playing Voit as seldom as possible at 1B should help a lot as well. One hopes Ford is as strong defensively as the SSS of him indicates. Ideally we get a defensive up the middle type like an Inglesias (or Holder) who can perhaps come in late in games, and really add some defensive value that Gleyber cannot. Inglesias would have been worthy as he actually has a bat, sorta.

Again, not at all sold on Wade. His versatility means even less with the 26 man roster. Versatility should be playing 2nd fiddle to actually good players.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Death Star Fully Operational

I think getting better starting pitching that could help the infield defense too.

Cora fired? Somewhere Phil Nevin is smiling.

Remember couple years ago Verlander liked a tweet from a reporter that was questioning Torre's power surge in the majors? People in glass houses...

Edit: Just heard a soundbite from Alex Cora after a game in the London series. He spoke about Beltran being the Yankees biggest acquisition. The Yankees being a lot better than the Red Sox. And mentioned devices.
    There was a bit more he said but that's all I remember right now.
    Last edited by SLURPEE; 01-15-20 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    For those of you who will go to the Astros/Yankees game on 9/21 (the first time they’re in town), I will pay each $30 via PayPal if you can sneak in a trash can and bang during every at bat.

Shoot, the Yankees should just GIVE the fans mini cans and bats so everyone can do it
    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ayi-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    The Yankees can absolutely afford Arenado.
    Wrong. The need is clear, the pieces to make it happen are available yet he isn't coming to NY.
    The WHY is obvious. ie. SALARY!

NYYF Legend

Nick Ahmed actually be a pretty smart pickup. He's a defensive elite SS, like literally the BEST defensive SS over the last 3 years according to OAA. He has experience at 2B and 3B as well. Diamondbacks are going no where, and he's got only one year left of control.

Maybe Wade/Estrada and Abreu or something along those lines. Upgrading our infield defense is much needed.
    Calmer than you are

Nick Ahmed actually be a pretty smart pickup. He's a defensive elite SS, like literally the BEST defensive SS over the last 3 years according to OAA. He has experience at 2B and 3B as well. Diamondbacks are going no where, and he's got only one year left of control.

Maybe Wade/Estrada and Abreu or something along those lines. Upgrading our infield defense is much needed.
    I don't think the DBacks management group feels the same way, otherwise, why sign Bumgarner and Calhoun as free agents then Peralta to an extension?

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Cora fired? Somewhere Phil Nevin is smiling.

Remember couple years ago Verlander liked a tweet from a reporter that was questioning Torre's power surge in the majors? People in glass houses...

Edit: Just heard a soundbite from Alex Cora after a game in the London series. He spoke about Beltran being the Yankees biggest acquisition. The Yankees being a lot better than the Red Sox. And mentioned devices.
    There was a bit more he said but that's all I remember right now.
    I'm just wondering where this whole cheating investigation is going. Does it end with the Sox, or do the other mentioned " seven teams " ( allegedly ) get the investigation, also ?
    More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by jnewmark View Post
    I'm just wondering where this whole cheating investigation is going. Does it end with the Sox, or do the other mentioned " seven teams " ( allegedly ) get the investigation, also ?
    As I stated in another thread, if it isn't as blatant as the Astros and Red Sox, I would think MLB is trying to find a way to tie it off and stop the bleeding as it would be devastating to have more teams like the Dodgers and Yankees involved in such punishments too. Any other organization that does something similar in the future will most likely have management people involved get lifetime suspensions and more severe penalties like taking away more draft choices and IFA money too. I expect the new CBA will contain language to address players involved in future cheating scandals.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I don't think the DBacks management group feels the same way, otherwise, why sign Bumgarner and Calhoun as free agents then Peralta to an extension?
    Because they are dumb, or pretending for their fans? Trading Ahmed wouldn't be detrimental if they truly believe that. They can still get a ML ready shortstop in Wade with upside/control and other mL pieces.
    Calmer than you are

Because they are dumb? Trading Ahmed wouldn't be detrimental if they truly believe that. They can still get a ML ready shortstop in Wade with upside/control and other mL pieces.
    Of course they are, but what if they have plans to extend Ahmed like they did with Peralta.

NYYF Legend

As I stated in another thread, if it isn't as blatant as the Astros and Red Sox, I would think MLB is trying to find a way to tie it off and stop the bleeding as it would be devastating to have more teams like the Dodgers and Yankees involved in such punishments too. Any other organization that does something similar in the future will most likely have management people involved get lifetime suspensions and more severe penalties like taking away more draft choices and IFA money too. I expect the new CBA will contain language to address players involved in future cheating scandals.
    Agreed. At this point, I think this is a given.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

NYYF Legend

Of course they are, but what if they have plans to extend Ahmed like they did with Peralta.
    What if anything? What if they are totally open to trading? The problem with your "what ifs" are they are completely meaningless. I'm just putting out strong targets that would improve a much needed area of improvement for the Yankees. Ahmed isn't a player you build around if you are the D-Backs.
    Calmer than you are

What if anything? What if they are totally open to trading? The problem with your "what ifs" are they are completely meaningless. I'm just putting out strong targets that would improve a much needed area of improvement for the Yankees.
    Fair enough! However, I don't think Cashman is going to spend almost 7M in arbitration money and trade assets for a backup infielder.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BUZZARDS BAY View Post
    Wrong. The need is clear, the pieces to make it happen are available yet he isn't coming to NY.
    The WHY is obvious. ie. SALARY!
    You said the Yankees can't afford Arendo. This is demonstrably false. They can absolutely afford him. Now if you want to argue that they should not go over the LT threshold for 2 seasons because it will cut into their profit margin, go for it, but that's not what you said.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Fair enough! However, I don't think Cashman is going to spend almost 7M in arbitration money and trade assets for a backup infielder.
    How much did Cashman spend on Gardner to be the 4th OFer in 2019? Cashman should probably do something useful if Ahmed is too expensive because he spent money elsewhere.
    Calmer than you are

How much did Cashman spend on Gardner to be the 4th OFer in 2019? Cashman should probably do something useful.
    Right, Cashman is useless and incompetent, got it.

NYYF Legend

Right, Cashman is useless and incompetent, got it.
    Not useless, just not very good at finishing a roster. Too conservative. Too focused on winning trades.
    Calmer than you are

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    You said the Yankees can't afford Arendo. This is demonstrably false. They can absolutely afford him. Now if you want to argue that they should not go over the LT threshold for 2 seasons because it will cut into their profit margin, go for it, but that's not what you said.
    Fair enough. My point was exactly as you stated. I should have been more explicit. Thanks for clearly that up.

Exactly.

I agree. What if anything Beltran brought to the Yankees (as Cora eluded to) is better kept under the carpet.

Thread Information