+ Reply to Thread
Page 194 of 366 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 204 244 294 ... LastLast
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 9135
    Released Outright

Re: Official 2019-20 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    The Yanks and the Rockies, of course. You should be able to see that the way it's presented. Garcia is a very nice prospect who hasn't proved anything yet, would be a welcome addition to the Rockies' future, and can be replaced by the many talented arms in the Yankee system.
    why would the yanks dole out 20 mill in cash if they are trading happ to lower the payroll? doesnt that 20 mill in cash completely negate the 17 mill the yanks are unloading in happ?

no offense but that trade makes zero sense for the yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    why would the yanks dole out 20 mill in cash if they are trading happ to lower the payroll? doesnt that 20 mill in cash completely negate the 17 mill the yanks are unloading in happ?

no offense but that trade makes zero sense for the yankees.
    No offense, but look at it a little closer. The Yanks get out from under the Stanton contract, slightly lower their 2020 payroll (please do the math if you're interested), and they get Joc Peterson for two seasons of control, a lefty bat that can hit 25 homers and play all three OF positions, Corey Seager for three seasons of control and can play SS and possibly 3B, and is another lefty bat, Keibert Ruiz, a very good switch-hitting catching prospect who has minor league options and can be an alternative to Gary Sanchez in a few years, and Jeter Downs who can play SS & 2B and possibly CF and be a part of the future.

Would you like me to explain how (IMO) it could benefit the Dodgers and the Rockies also?
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by yank4life2005 View Post
    That beer must be real good in Wisconsin.

https://reviewingthebrew.com/2019/12...trade-package/

YANKEES GET
    LHP JOSH HADER
    SS LUIS URIAS

BREWERS GET
    SS GLEYBER TORRES
    RHP LUIS SEVERINO
    RHP LUIS GIL

This would be a huge blockbuster, involving the Yankees sending star shortstop Gleyber Torres to Milwaukee, along with starting pitcher Luis Severino, who was injured most of 2019 and his value is down because of that. Luis Gil is a big pitching prospect for the Yankees that’s still a year or two away from the big leagues, but would help the Crew moving forward.

That’s a lot to give up from the Yankees, I’m aware of that. They won’t give all that up for Hader, despite how great he is. So Luis Urias gets put in this deal to soften the blow at the shortstop position for New York, although still a downgrade from Torres, to be sure.
    I would not trade Torres OR Severino for Hader and Urias by themselves.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Blockbuster Trade Proposal:

Giancarlo Stanton, $20M & JA Haap to the Dodgers,

Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, Keibert Ruiz & Jeter Downs to the Yankees

Nolan Arrenado, $20M & Jon Gray to the Dodgers

Miguel Andujar, Domingo German, Devei Garcia, Tyler Wade, Dustin May & Tony Gonsolin to the Rockies

Before you trash the idea, look at it closely. Seems like all three teams get what they want/need. Let's make some more headlines. Or at least have a good laugh.
    I think we lose way too much pitching without significantly upgrading the offense. I guess though you have to layer in getting out of the Stanton contract as a plus. But if I’m dropping German and Deivi into a deal I’m generally looking for an elite pitcher in return.

Seager is great, but he’d move Torres and DJ out of their best positions. Would rather go for Arenado.

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    Not your “home” man. You didn’t “grow” it. Not sure why you should take more pride in success of Yankee drafting and minor league coaching than you do in FO trading and spending. I root for the team, the end product, not for a particular part of the production process.

Anyway, this team has as many guys who played on Yankee minor league teams as any in 90s or 70s. I think you may be just getting older and less emotionally tied to team. Didn’t you say in one post that you watch few games? Nothing wrong with that of course.
    You are free to do as you please. I hold the 70’s teams dear as I do the dynasty team of the late 90’s. However, the 2009 club left me feeling less excited than either of those two eras.

Btw, I don’t live in NY nor do I commit 3 hours a night for 6 months to watching tv.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

NYYF Legend

Miguel Andujar, Domingo German, Devei Garcia, Tyler Wade, Dustin May & Tony Gonsolin to the Rockies

Before you trash the idea, look at it closely. Seems like all three teams get what they want/need. Let's make some more headlines. Or at least have a good laugh.
    Not a terrible proposal but I’d rather see the Yankees end up with Arenado.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Hurts a bit but to rid us of Stanton...I'm in!

I'ld rather get Grey then any above LA Prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Not a terrible proposal but I’d rather see the Yankees end up with Arenado.
    yankees are happy going budget at 3b and hoping gio gets that for them.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yank4life2005 View Post
    That beer must be real good in Wisconsin.

https://reviewingthebrew.com/2019/12...trade-package/

YANKEES GET
    LHP JOSH HADER
    SS LUIS URIAS

BREWERS GET
    SS GLEYBER TORRES
    RHP LUIS SEVERINO
    RHP LUIS GIL

This would be a huge blockbuster, involving the Yankees sending star shortstop Gleyber Torres to Milwaukee, along with starting pitcher Luis Severino, who was injured most of 2019 and his value is down because of that. Luis Gil is a big pitching prospect for the Yankees that’s still a year or two away from the big leagues, but would help the Crew moving forward.

That’s a lot to give up from the Yankees, I’m aware of that. They won’t give all that up for Hader, despite how great he is. So Luis Urias gets put in this deal to soften the blow at the shortstop position for New York, although still a downgrade from Torres, to be sure.
    I keep seeing Gleyber’s name thrown around by Brewers fans in these Hader trade proposals and it seems to be based on the premise that the Cubs had to give up Torres for Chapman. So I guess we’re just ignoring the fact that Gleyber was a minor leaguer at the time of that trade, and now he is an All Star caliber major leaguer. There is absolutely no way the Yankees are including him in a trade for a relief pitcher. Severino too for that matter.

NYYF Legend

I keep seeing Gleyber’s name thrown around by Brewers fans in these Hader trade proposals and it seems to be based on the premise that the Cubs had to give up Torres for Chapman. So I guess we’re just ignoring the fact that Gleyber was a minor leaguer at the time of that trade, and now he is an All Star caliber major leaguer. There is absolutely no way the Yankees are including him in a trade for a relief pitcher. Severino too for that matter.
    I know..So silly..

This is not necessary. The only person the Yankees actually need in this group is Pederson and it won’t take all of the three way gymnastics to get him.

Lol at trading Torres for anyone. I wouldn’t trade Torres for Trout.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKeegs View Post
    yankees are happy going budget at 3b and hoping gio gets that for them.
    That’s an assumption on your part. I was probably the biggest Urshela fanboi on this site last year but there is no guarantee that he replicates the numbers he put up, especially if they “unjuice” the baseball. Arenado is an elite talent. Put his bat in the middle of this lineup and you got yourself a stew brewing.

Honestly, I think that proposed trade was just clickbait. No one in their right mind (both Yankees and Brewer fans, let alone just plain baseball fans) thinks the Yankees will trade a cost control slugging SS and top of the rotation starting pitcher for a relief pitcher. Yeah, the Yankees have a crying need for another bullpen arm. How does that trade make the Yankees better? We all know the answer to that.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I’m looking forward to the day when the rest of baseball realizes that Gleyber is not an option in trades. I thought last season would’ve done that, but the ignorance is real. Honestly every big trade since he got here his name has been thrown around. Stop the madness already. No one throws Acuna or Vlad Jr. in trade ideas anymore and Gleyber is better than Vlad. There’s only a handful of players in baseball with Gleyber’s trade value. And there’s no single player worth Gleyber and Sevy, that’s absurd. But yes as Fredmuggs said well that was probably just a joke trade to piss off Yankee fans.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    I’m looking forward to the day when the rest of baseball realizes that Gleyber is not an option in trades. I thought last season would’ve done that, but the ignorance is real. Honestly every big trade since he got here his name has been thrown around. Stop the madness already. No one throws Acuna or Vlad Jr. in trade ideas anymore and Gleyber is better than Vlad. There’s only a handful of players in baseball with Gleyber’s trade value. And there’s no single player worth Gleyber and Sevy, that’s absurd. But yes as Fredmuggs said well that was probably just a joke trade to piss off Yankee fans.
    Nah, don’t be so selfish. Brewer fans want to be the ones to stick Gleyber in the eye of Cubs fans 18 times a year for the next decade.
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Released Outright

No offense, but look at it a little closer. The Yanks get out from under the Stanton contract, slightly lower their 2020 payroll (please do the math if you're interested), and they get Joc Peterson for two seasons of control, a lefty bat that can hit 25 homers and play all three OF positions, Corey Seager for three seasons of control and can play SS and possibly 3B, and is another lefty bat, Keibert Ruiz, a very good switch-hitting catching prospect who has minor league options and can be an alternative to Gary Sanchez in a few years, and Jeter Downs who can play SS & 2B and possibly CF and be a part of the future.

Would you like me to explain how (IMO) it could benefit the Dodgers and the Rockies also?
    by giving 20 mill on top of stanton and happ, the best you are doing is getting rid of half of each contract . for one year , then after that the yanks are likely still paying about 10 to 15 mill of stanton's contract and there is the yanks losing too much pitching in german and garcia for little offensive improvement . plus i dont see the dodgers being desperate enough to take on both happ's and stanton's contract . especially with happ's incentives in his contract. other than shedding happ's contract , it doesnt benefit the yanks a whole lot

Quote Originally Posted by ag3 View Post
    Lol at trading Torres for anyone. I wouldn’t trade Torres for Trout.
    Trout might be probably the only player I'd CONSIDER trading Torres for, and I still probably wouldn't.

That Brewer's trade is the funniest thing I've seen in a very long time, Torres and Sevy plus for Hader and another SS? Oh my dear lord. They Yankees FO look at Gleyber as the next best player in baseball. They wouldn't trade him for Trout, seriously! Plus we all, including the FO expect Severino to bounce back with his 2018 numbers for next year, perhaps even better with Cole bringing over some of the secret sauce that the Astros taught him while he was there.

What the Brewers fans don't understand is that we are looking at Hader with the hopes of cashing in some minor league chips we have along with major league surplus we have in order to go all in on the next few seasons, then flipping Hader for close to what we give up before he hits arbitration. If that doesn't work we will go to war with what we have!

Here's my counter-proposal for the Brewers fans, give us Yelich and Hader plus some salary relief to make the money equal coming back and we will give you Torres then, but that's about it.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Jeter99 View Post
    That Brewer's trade is the funniest thing I've seen in a very long time, Torres and Sevy plus for Hader and another SS? Oh my dear lord. They Yankees FO look at Gleyber as the next best player in baseball. They wouldn't trade him for Trout, seriously! Plus we all, including the FO expect Severino to bounce back with his 2018 numbers for next year, perhaps even better with Cole bringing over some of the secret sauce that the Astros taught him while he was there.

What the Brewers fans don't understand is that we are looking at Hader with the hopes of cashing in some minor league chips we have along with major league surplus we have in order to go all in on the next few seasons, then flipping Hader for close to what we give up before he hits arbitration. If that doesn't work we will go to war with what we have!

Here's my counter-proposal for the Brewers fans, give us Yelich and Hader plus some salary relief to make the money equal coming back and we will give you Torres then, but that's about it.
    no reliever is worth trading that much starting pitching for .

It’s a fun proposal, but the Dodgers are the ones who get a good laugh here.

Happ + Stanton + $40 million is probably equal to a straight up salary dump.

So Basically they are giving up Seager, Pederson, May, Ruiz, Downs, and Gonsolin for Arenado and Gray.

Arenado is great but his 7/$230 mil contract isn’t that much below market value. That’s two all-star caliber players, 3 top 100 prospects, and another top 200 prospect for him. Why wouldn’t they just have overpaid Rendon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeter99 View Post

I like Yelich, but would not give up the younger Torres for him.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post
    I like Yelich, but would not give up the younger Torres for him.
    trout is the only player i would trade torres for and the angels would still have to take stanton as well.

NYYF Legend

How about Cerveli or Martin as BUC's? Loved both!! I like Higgy but do they?

Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    How about Cerveli or Martin as BUC's? Loved both!!
    I think Cervelli is done catching because of the concussions.

Thread Information