+ Reply to Thread
Page 292 of 310 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 302 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 7742

Re: Official 2019-20 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    If they could replace Kay and Flaherty with Ruocco and CC, I'd be so happy.
    completely disagree. Keep it on the podcast.

NYYF Cy Young

Hinch is supposedly going to go on an apology tour. Wonder when he will be stopping by Trevor Bauer’s house

Hinch also acted like a sanctimonious prick when the Yankees made the whistling allegations during this years alcs. Good times.
    Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

Wants 2 be your latex salesman

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Kelly View Post
    Hinch also acted like a sanctimonious prick when the Yankees made the whistling allegations during this years alcs. Good times.
    I agree but I would be OK if Hinch manages again someday once he "pays his debt to baseball society." Just like I think Landis should have let Buck Weaver back in but not the other "Black Sox." Alex Cora on the other hand, IMHO should spend the rest of his life sitting at an autograph table next to Pete Rose. BUH-BYE. Ban. For. Life.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

Wants 2 be your latex salesman

Are you still pretending to be a Yankee fan?
    It's amazing. Jim F. would have iced this poser quite a while ago.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Probably but there’s no reason not to try him at both in ST. If it’s clear that he’s likely not going to be better at 1B quickly than Voit, have him focus solely on LF. If he’s a disaster in the OF of 2019 Frazier or worse levels you can always pull the plug and DH him or give him some time at it in AAA to see if he can improve quickly. Although I agree with others that LF should be the priority, higher value position and he has the athleticism to do play there.
    The idea is to give the kid a chance to succeed. This sounds to me like the worst possible way to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Wonder how many extra hits Altuve got during the regular season due to cheating? Maybe Judge would have won the MVP.
    He probably should have won it anyway.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

For those of you who will go to the Astros/Yankees game on 9/21 (the first time they’re in town), I will pay each $30 via PayPal if you can sneak in a trash can and bang during every at bat.

Shoot, the Yankees should just GIVE the fans mini cans and bats so everyone can do it
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    For those of you who will go to the Astros/Yankees game on 9/21 (the first time they’re in town), I will pay each $30 via PayPal if you can sneak in a trash can and bang during every at bat.

Shoot, the Yankees should just GIVE the fans mini cans and bats so everyone can do it
    that would be amazing but from what i've read Manfred and MLB want this to die and will penalize teams for speaking out.

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    that would be amazing but from what i've read Manfred and MLB want this to die and will penalize teams for speaking out.
    Teams, not fans.

I hope our fan base, and other teams fan bases absolutely go above and beyond to humiliate the Astros and Red Sox every pitch of every game of theirs.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

The first annual Trash Can Day sounds like a splendid idea.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Legend

@Yankees

The Yankees today announced that they have restructured their Player Health and Performance staff, which will be led by new Director of Player Health and Performance Eric Cressey.
    https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1217126300122537984
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I agree but I would be OK if Hinch manages again someday once he "pays his debt to baseball society." Just like I think Landis should have let Buck Weaver back in but not the other "Black Sox." Alex Cora on the other hand, IMHO should spend the rest of his life sitting at an autograph table next to Pete Rose. BUH-BYE. Ban. For. Life.

Listen to his remarks during his ALCS press conference after the whistling allegation surfaced. I'm just disappointed that the Yankees wont get the satisfaction of beating a Hinch-led Astros team.
    Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

NYYF HOF

Recalling this Cora interview postgame London, talking about Beltran:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFZFlPXLGCo

...so goddamn shady.
    Wow. That gave me douche chills.

Cora must be sitting at home knowing that he’s not gonna have a job for a loooooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

NYYF Legend

douche chills.

That shot right past slang, beyond colloquialism and into the lexicon of NYYFans.com.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Haha....Trashtros.

Addicted Member

If they could replace Kay and Flaherty with Ruocco and CC, I'd be so happy.

What an error that might be. We know zilch about whether CC can do broadcasting at all, much less be a replacement for Flaherty. CC needs to prove himself as a broadcaster, not get the job for sentimental reasons.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKeegs View Post
    I'm the minority. I can't stand RR
    I agree. There's something off-putting in that voice. Too cheerful, too enthusiastic. Altogether too much "too-ness." He needs to get some more B-team experience.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    What an error that might be. We know zilch about whether CC can do broadcasting at all, much less be a replacement for Flaherty. CC needs to prove himself as a broadcaster, not get the job for sentimental reasons.
    Flaherty is absolute trash. He's miserable, doesn't have a personality, and is an absolute hater. A plant would be a better broadcaster.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Flaherty is absolute trash. He's miserable, doesn't have a personality, and is an absolute hater. A plant would be a better broadcaster.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

At least Flaherty didn't always show the difference between a spit seamer and a 4 seamer like Al Leiter did every time he was in the booth. Dude talked as if I never watched baseball before.

Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    Guess I was right that Hinch and Cora weren't baseball geniuses. Beltran has a year or so to show he can be a good manager without the tricks. And if he's stupid enough to try and set something like this up, he should be banned for life.
    This is the best thread about this situation. Hoe can you think these guys are baseball geniuses? They are just cheaters. It's like the kid who scores a perfect score on the SAT's, but then you find out he had the answers.

500 people on Staten Island would probably really appreciate your $30.

The Staten Island Yankees announced Tuesday on Twitter that they will give away mini trash cans to the first 500 fans that attend their Sept. 3 game against the [Astros affiliate] Tri-City Valley Cats.
    https://www.northjersey.com/story/sp...ns/4469322002/

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKeegs View Post
    I'm the minority. I can't stand RR
    That minority is bigger than you think, a lot of us can’t stand him either.

NYYF Legend

Gardner can bang the dugout roof with his bat.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Teams, not fans.

I hope our fan base, and other teams fan bases absolutely go above and beyond to humiliate the Astros and Red Sox every pitch of every game of theirs.
    Don't be naive. You can't possible believe players are negatively affected by opposing fan base behavior. These multi millionaire's couldn't care less what you think. If anything it motivates even better performance.

Thread Information