+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 144 145 146 147
Results 3,651 to 3,667 of 3667
    NYYF Legend

Re: Official 2019-20 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Strategerie View Post
    Wish the Yankees went in on Kendrick with 2-3 years and a higher AAV. I assume the other multiple year offers had a 6ish million AAV. I'd be ecstatic to get him at 3 years, $24M which I assume would have been more than enough. I'm a big Cashman fan but I'm disappointed with Cashman on this one. Reminds me a bit of the ridiculously low contract Justin Turner agreed to when he was a free agent a few years ago (had no idea then why nobody blew that deal out of the water to get Turner).
    A 3 year contract for a guy who will finish next season at 37 years old and has averaged 103 games a season over the past 5 years?
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    A 3 year contract for a guy who will finish next season at 37 years old and has averaged 103 games a season over the past 5 years?
    thats more games per season than they got from hicks and elsbury combined lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    thats more games per season than they got from hicks and elsbury combined lol
    Crazy to give a marginal player like Hicks a 7 year deal.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Crazy to give a marginal player like Hicks a 7 year deal.
    They love to waste money apparently. I never understood that contract extension either. Its another Ellsbury but cheaper.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Yea Kendrick is this years Steve Pearce. Although Ill give that Kendrick has been far more consistent throughout his career. Still the bottom can fallout at anytime with him. And hes another guy having a career offensive year late in his career because in large part of the juiced ball. This is why Im against signing Gardner to a decent contract that might give him a raise based on a 2019 he cant possibly repeat. At least with Gardner though you know youll get defense and base running regardless what happens with his bat.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    They love to waste money apparently. I never understood that contract extension either. Its another Ellsbury but cheaper.
    i have never seen a player with such a multitude of injuries in one season before . i am still trying to figure out how a back injury turned into an elbow injury requiring tommy john in less than 7 months

NYYF Triple Crown

i have never seen a player with such a multitude of injuries in one season before . i am still trying to figure out how a back injury turned into an elbow injury requiring tommy john in less than 7 months
    Yes. The whole team? (maybe get some staff improvement in medical/conditioning?) For me it seem a lot weekly and it was nice to see replacements - Wade and Ford. I worry when I see his name (Hicks) in earlier post next to Ells (injuries and 7 years) but think what he did in 2018 and like Didi back around AS break (good when he returned). I don't think the 10m/yr was bad for a starting OF, B/R - maybe 7 years (time will tell).

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Yes. The whole team? (maybe get some staff improvement in medical/conditioning?) For me it seem a lot weekly and it was nice to see replacements - Wade and Ford. I worry when I see his name (Hicks) in earlier post next to Ells (injuries and 7 years) but think what he did in 2018 and like Didi back around AS break (good when he returned). I don't think the 10m/yr was bad for a starting OF, B/R - maybe 7 years (time will tell).
    Tough to see him injured now as this is when hed be providing a good deal surplus value on that 10M per year as hes one of the top CFers when healthy. To lose most of last year and most of this year is a huge hit especially if his defense starts to push him towards a corner in a few years. I guess though even then 10M is not bad considering his bat.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Tough to see him injured now as this is when hed be providing a good deal surplus value on that 10M per year as hes one of the top CFers when healthy. To lose most of last year and most of this year is a huge hit especially if his defense starts to push him towards a corner in a few years. I guess though even then 10M is not bad considering his bat.
    i fail to see how hicks is a top 10 outfielder when he has played 100 games or more just twice in his career. and his offensive numbers are nothing more that average at best .

NYYF Legend

These latest tweets from Jeff Passan have nothing to do with Cole or the Yankees, but will be dear to the heart of Dr. John (among others):

Jeff Passan@JeffPassan

9m
    As the Winter Meetings unfold over the next 96 hours or so, this feed hopefully will be full of free agent signings. So please humor me for a few moments to honor the person who literally created all of the sweet, sweet hot stove action you so desire.
    Show this thread
    Jeff Passan@JeffPassan

6m
    Replying to@JeffPassan
    Marvin Miller’s place in the Hall — recognizing his influence and telling the story of how players across sports learned that they are the game and not the men who own teams — is too important for his personal desires to supersede it. It is incumbent on the panel to vote him in.
    Jeff Passan@JeffPassan

7m
    The results of the vote will be announced at 8 p.m. ET. There are some great candidates on the ballot, from Lou Whitaker to Dwight Evans to Ted Simmons. None deserves inclusion in the Hall of Fame as Marvin Miller.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Triple Crown

i fail to see how hicks is a top 10 outfielder when he has played 100 games or more just twice in his career. and his offensive numbers are nothing more that average at best .
    He will never be a Trout. 2018 was good. I know you don't like WAR and look at BA, OBP, HR, IMO He was in the top 10 in 2018 (I think this is when Brian made this long term contract to tie him up). He can be our 4th OF.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/battin...RBR/order/true

PrimeTime Post. I always felt Gardy and Hicks were similar in batting (one better for lefties, Gardy L/L) and we will paying Gardy for half a year if we sign him. I have no problem last year (his last one) and happy Brian did it but I want to move on this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    He will never be a Trout. 2018 was good. I know you don't like WAR and look at BA, OBP, HR, IMO He was in the top 10 in 2018 (I think this is when Brian made this long term contract to tie him up). He can be our 4th OF.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/battin...RBR/order/true

PrimeTime Post. I always felt Gardy and Hicks were similar in batting (one better for lefties, Gardy L/L) and we will paying Gardy for half a year if we sign him. I have no problem last year (his last one) and happy Brian did it but I want to move on this year.
    i assure you he wasnt in the top 10 in any offensive categories as a cf that is for sure . he is not worth a 7 year deal . he spent a decent time on the dl the two seasons before that , there was just logical reason to give a player like hicks a 7 year deal , i dont care if it was 1 mill per year

i assure you he wasnt in the top 10 in any offensive categories as a cf that is for sure . he is not worth a 7 year deal . he spent a decent time on the dl the two seasons before that , there was just logical reason to give a player like hicks a 7 year deal , i dont care if it was 1 mill per year
    2018 MLB CF rankings:

#5 in HR (27)

#7 in R (90)

#4 in RBI (79)

#7 in OBP (.366)

#5 in OPS (.833)

#3 in BB (99)

Seven years at $1 million per would be a fantastic deal for the Yankees. They could DFA that deal in a heartbeat.
    Supports: smart spending, roster flexibility and depth. Does not support: reckless spending and extreme prospect hugging.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    These latest tweets from Jeff Passan have nothing to do with Cole or the Yankees, but will be dear to the heart of Dr. John (among others):
    That makes two of us, without votes, who know a hawk from a handsaw.

Quote Originally Posted by secret_face View Post
    2018 MLB CF rankings:

#5 in HR (27)

#7 in R (90)

#4 in RBI (79)

#7 in OBP (.366)

#5 in OPS (.833)

#3 in BB (99)

Seven years at $1 million per would be a fantastic deal for the Yankees. They could DFA that deal in a heartbeat.
    either way , hicks is not worth a 7 year deal

either way , hicks is not worth a 7 year deal
    It's 10 mil a year, so I don't really care that much, but that was the only reason I didn't like the deal. Hicks just cannot stay healthy.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    The most important thing to remember in using WAR, IMO, is its imprecision. As a rough estimate of a player's value, its useful. People go astray when they start talking about a 2.8 WAR as "better" than a 2.6 WAR.
    Yes. This is exactly the point I was trying to make.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Thread Information