+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 195 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 4873
    NYYF Legend

Re: Official 2019-20 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post
    We aren't getting Cole man... hence why im trading for Thor.
    The Marvel super hero?
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post
    We aren't getting Cole man... hence why im trading for Thor.
    And the Mets arenít trading Thor either , or they would have resigned wheeler by now

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Only way his value wonít improve by holding on to him is if he gets hurt again very soon after spring training starts
    No his value can definitely go down if in BABIP drops because he doesnít walk and he doesnít play defense.
    I agree there is no reason to sell low on Andujar but if they get a ďfairĒ offer I have no problem moving a DH
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    No his value can definitely go down if in BABIP drops because he doesn’t walk and he doesn’t play defense.
    I agree there is no reason to sell low on Andujar but if they get a “fair” offer I have no problem moving a DH
    How would his babip be affected by his defense?
    Last edited by Ratman; 12-03-19 at 03:08 PM.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    https://nypost.com/2019/12/03/yankee...hen-strasburg/

The Post has confirmed that Brian Cashman will lead a contingent of Yankee officials to California to meet Cole and Strasburg, which was first reported by Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.

Cashman, Aaron Boone and new pitching coach Matt Blake were going to meet with Cole on Tuesday. The plan is to meet with Strasburg on Wednesday.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

How would his babip be effected by his hitting?
    His batting average would plummet if his line drive rate drops and his trade value would drop. I’m not saying it will happen, just illustrating one way where his trade value could drop substantially.

His value is all about AVE/SLG if they dip so does his value. As he has not real value in OBP or defense.
    Baseball is life;

I will be surprised if anything comes out of those meetings

His batting average would plummet if his line drive rate drops and his trade value would drop. I’m not saying it will happen, just illustrating one way where his trade value could drop substantially.

His value is all about AVE/SLG if they dip so does his value. As he has not real value in OBP or defense.
    I corrected my post , I meant to ask how his defense would affect his babip
    Last edited by Ratman; 12-03-19 at 03:10 PM.

NYYF Legend

Jon Heyman @JonHeyman 14m
    Hearing Zack Wheeler deal before the Winter Meetings is very possible ó maybe even probable. @Ken_Rosenthal reported bidding has already hit $100M, not a surprise considering age, innings, velocity, potential and signs of dominance. White Sox, Twins, Rangers, others in.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Hearing Zack Wheeler deal before the Winter Meetings is very possible ó maybe even probable. @Ken_Rosenthal reported bidding has already hit $100M, not a surprise considering age, innings, velocity, potential and signs of dominance. White Sox, Twins, Rangers, others in.

Wheeler wonít come cheap thatís for sure

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    The player that needs to be moved most from the roster is Stanton. The upside to Andujar's bat is worth keeping him on to become a full-time DH.

I'd be happy with Andujar at DH instead of Stanton. But what team is crazy/desperate enough to trade for Stanton (even if he DID waive his NTC)?

Quote Originally Posted by keo View Post
    I'd be happy with Andujar at DH instead of Stanton. But what team is crazy/desperate enough to trade for Stanton (even if he DID waive his NTC)?
    There are no teams that need Stanton right now , everyone is busy trying to improve their starting pitching or cut payroll. That is why Andķjar trade talks are heating up

I corrected my post , I meant to ask how his defense would effect his babip
    His defense wonít affect his babip, but his babip could affect his trade value.

Iím not sure why you think his trade value can only go up. If other teams arenít sure how heíll come back from the injury, why are you so sure?

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post

Iím not sure why you think his trade value can only go up. If other teams arenít sure how heíll come back from the injury, why are you so sure?
    Be cause he is currently working out in Tampa trying to improve his defense and then in spring training he can show how well his hitting still is . So to me if he can do defensive workouts now , he should be fine health wise for next season barring any set backs. And If the Yankees felt his value wouldnít go up or there wasnít a good chance of it , they would be actively shopping him now and not discussing moving him to 1b or the of . All they are doing is listening to offers for him , which anyone with basic knowledge of baseball would do for any of their players that might be expendable over the next year.

Richmond Virginians

I think a team willing to give a guy with his injury and durability history, failing to ever record 200 IP, is nuts. Simply nuts.

NYYF Triple Crown

Hopefully this isnít the Machado sing and dance all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by dpbddd99 View Post
    WhAt makes that interesting is that it seems that strasburg is most likely not gonna resign with the nats.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    I think a team willing to give a guy with his injury and durability history, failing to ever record 200 IP, is nuts. Simply nuts.
    I think wheeler would do well on a NL team to be honest. But I do think an AL team other than the twins would be nuts to sign wheeler

NYYF Legend

I corrected my post , I meant to ask how his defense would effect his babip
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post

^this.

There are generally a few areas a players value can go up (over simplification)
    versatility - Andujar doesn't have any to speak of
    OBP skills - Andjuar is below average in his walk rate
    Defense - Andjuar is well below average in this metric, extremely poor would be more accuarte
    Hard Contact skills - this is the area he excels hard contact leads better batted ball outcomes - if this drops his trade value drops. No one knows what he'll look like coming off shoulder surgery. It's quite possible he shows a decline in 2020 which would drop his trade value.

Conversely if Hard Contact skills remain what they were his rookie year and he shows improvement in one or more other areas his retention/trade value would go way up.
    Baseball is life;

^this.

There are generally a few areas a players value can go up (over simplification)
    versatility - Andujar doesn't have any to speak of
    OBP skills - Andjuar is below average in his walk rate
    Defense - Andjuar is well below average in this metric, extremely poor would be more accuarte
    Hard Contact skills - this is the area he excels hard contact leads better batted ball outcomes - if this drops his trade value drops. No one knows what he'll look like coming off shoulder surgery. It's quite possible he shows a decline in 2020 which would drop his trade value.

Conversely if Hard Contact skills remain what they were his rookie year and he shows improvement in one or more other areas his retention/trade value would go way up.
    Well I think itís too soon to trade Andķjar

Be cause he is currently working out in Tampa trying to improve his defense and then in spring training he can show how well his hitting still is . So to me if he can do defensive workouts now , he should be fine health wise for next season barring any set backs. And If the Yankees felt his value wouldnít go up or there wasnít a good chance of it , they would be actively shopping him now and not discussing moving him to 1b or the of . All they are doing is listening to offers for him , which anyone with basic knowledge of baseball would do for any of their players that might be expendable over the next year.
    Heís played third base his entire professional career. He works hard at it. I donít see any reason to think that drills in Tampa will suddenly improve his defense, especially since video of the drills shows him double- and triple-pumping.

As for how the Yankees feel, thatís a circular argument. They shouldnít trade him for relievers because theyíre not trading him for relievers. Iíd add that theyíve been excellent at finding layers undervalued by other teams, but have been known to overvalue their own young players.

NYYF Legend

Well I think itís too soon to trade Andķjar
    I'm not advocating trading him or keeping him. I'm for keeping an open mind. He's far from untouchable though.
    Baseball is life;

Wow, I saw on MLB network yesterday that Wheeler would probably get $100mil+ but nothing that was imminent. I agree with the Sherman article, the yanks flying out TO Cole and Strasburg when they'll have to fly out again in less than a week I think shows for real CC type interest. Things are moving fast my friends!

I also agree I would not sell low on Andujar. His bat is too legit and who knows how many games Stanton or Judge for that matter play next year. I think there will be plenty of ABs for him.

Now if you wanted to send him in a package deal for Lindor...

I'm not advocating trading him or keeping him. I'm for keeping an open mind. He's far from untouchable though.
    Never said he was untouchable. And I am for keeping an open mind. Heck I would trade Andķjar for a major league ready center fielder that would cost less than Gardner . Not for more relievers.

Thread Information