+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 315 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 312 313 314 315
Results 7,851 to 7,854 of 7854
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Gardner can't be the only player capable of playing CF.
    Tauchman

Re: Official 2019-20 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Judge

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    No I think Heller still has 2 options left. I think because he was on the IL that preserved his options.

I'm sure you're not the only one that thinks Frazier should make the team, I just don't see a role for him. In what situations does he actually play? In the OF he's competing with guys that are all superior defenders and most are superior or similar hitters. He's also a right handed hitter on a team that's filled with them. I guess if they send Andujar down to work on his defense you can make a case that's there's a role for Frazier against LHP with Gardy on the bench and Stanton at DH. However as of now I'd rather have Andujar at 1B/DH/LF in that situation than Frazier. And would also want Frazier to get more regular OF work in AAA (exclusively in LF to simplify things) and be ready for when an injury creates some opportunity.
    You are right about Heller and options.

Ford can only play 1B, same with Voit. One can DH but so will Stanton when he is not in the field. Boone likes a versatile bench. Maybe Wade makes the team.

I am also skeptical that Tauchman can repeat his 2019. He's a career minor leaguer. Frazier was a former 1st rounder with more upside.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    You are right about Heller and options.

Ford can only play 1B, same with Voit. One can DH but so will Stanton when he is not in the field. Boone likes a versatile bench. Maybe Wade makes the team.

I am also skeptical that Tauchman can repeat his 2019. He's a career minor leaguer. Frazier was a former 1st rounder with more upside.
    Tauchman might never have been highly touted. But it also might be that he is a late-bloomer. He did everything well last year. Fact is, he'd put up excellent numbers in the minors. He just hadn't shown any power AND had never been given much of an opportunity.

Thread Information