+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29 69 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2138

Re: Official 2019-20 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    What are the odds Montgomery develops more in 2020 and becomes a solid piece of the rotation? HE clearly has the stuff to be an effective pitcher. Maybe the new pitching coach taps this? Maybe he turns in the German of 2020?
    His curve is nasty and change is also good, but needs an effective FB of some kind.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Obnoxio View Post
    I was just watching MLB NETWORK.
    They said the Fangraphs estimate for wheeler is 4/72 (18 mil per year).
    No doubt in my mind that Wheeler is who they will target.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

The Death Star is Sputtering Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    They continue to throw gobs of money at #3 types but absolutely refuse to do so for true game changers who can carry this team in October.

I love Wheeler’s raw talent, but he’s AJ Burnett part II.

Go Cole or go home.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I have this feeling that someone is going to give wheeler Corbin money
    Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    They continue to throw gobs of money at #3 types but absolutely refuse to do so for true game changers who can carry this team in October.

I love Wheeler’s raw talent, but he’s AJ Burnett part II.

Go Cole or go home.
    Agreed.

The #1 thing the Yankees should do is trade Stanton. It creates so much flexibility.

Trade Stanton and you can sign Cole +roster pieces and not have long term concerns about the LT. Ellsbury falls off of the books after this coming season at last ($5M buyout), Happ comes off of the books after the season as well.

Stanton+Happ+Ellsbury is like $65 million combined. Geez.

Why would Stanton want to be traded?

NYYF Legend

Looking back through social media, it appears King was at Cressey in the offseason before his breakout year in 2018.

Justin Shackil @JustinShackil 5h
    One player that new #Yankees pitching coach Matt Blake is already familiar with: RHP Mike King, who had previously worked out with Blake at Cressey Sports Performance in Massachusetts.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Mike King will win Cy Young next year with Zack Littell as runner up. You heard it here first.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Obnoxio View Post
    Why would Stanton want to be traded?
    Exactly. He doesn’t, fan fiction

I will never understand why fans want to get rid of Stanton. He’s as a star baseball player that we’re paying 23.5m a year too. If he resigned after last season, he’d be making 31m a year. He’s really a bargain as long as he’s healthy.

Sigh on those stating Yankees don’t have the resources to sign Cole.

To remind: Yankee payroll as a percent of revenues is the lowest in the Major Leagues. Dividend to family would have to be cut but there is PLENTY of money to sign a good free agent class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    The volume of false narratives in this post is almost impressive.
    This post really isn't helpful. Instead of just stating "the volume of false narratives in this post is almost impressive," why don't you point out with which parts of the post you disagree? I think that would actually make for interesting discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

To remind: Yankee payroll as a percent of revenues is the lowest in the Major Leagues. Dividend to family would have to be cut but there is PLENRY of money to sign a good free agent class.
    The Yankees (Hal's bank account) don't want to exceed the highest luxury tax boundary that's why the won't be able to sign Cole.

NYYF Legend

Anyone else feel Grey will be a Yankee next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    I can’t imagine he’d want to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by osuwarrior00 View Post
    I will never understand why fans want to get rid of Stanton. He’s as a star baseball player that we’re paying 23.5m a year too. If he resigned after last season, he’d be making 31m a year. He’s really a bargain as long as he’s healthy.
    Well durability, defensive value and ability to hit top end pitching (i.e. postseason) and ability to hit with RISP have all come into question with him. Also he’s signed for a very long time and there’s a lot that can still go wrong especially considering his durability to date.

And we as Yankee fans have yet to see this guy at his best. If he can give us a year like his 2017 or 2014, the tune will change quickly. So I agree there’s some value in that deal if they can extract that high upside. Let’s hope it’s at least an every 3 year thing (2014, 2017, 2020)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ken711 View Post
    The Yankees (Hal's bank account) don't want to exceed the highest luxury tax boundary that's why the won't be able to sign Cole.
    This. And Cashman being horrible at allocating the budget he has to work within.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

To remind: Yankee payroll as a percent of revenues is the lowest in the Major Leagues. Dividend to family would have to be cut but there is PLENTY of money to sign a good free agent class.
    They have the resources there’s just no financial incentive for owners to spend that much especially when they know they have a 103 win roster already. Being good and spending under the luxury tax is more profitable than being great and spending over. A championship isn’t worth that much sadly. The economics of the game don’t encourage owners to be more aggressive, in fact quite the opposite. The fact that Derek Jeter one of the most competitive winners in baseball history is now the face of the most shamelessly bottom line organization in baseball illustrates the dynamics of today’s baseball economy perfectly. The players association has a TALL task ahead, but I’m skeptical how much will actually change as the owners don’t want to have to spend more to make more.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    What are the odds Montgomery develops more in 2020 and becomes a solid piece of the rotation? HE clearly has the stuff to be an effective pitcher. Maybe the new pitching coach taps this? Maybe he turns in the German of 2020?
    It's going to be close to 2 years that he hasn't pitched at a major league level. Who knows what he'll be at this point, if anything.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Jon Gray? I don’t know, I guess it’s possible but he’s not the statcast darling they usually look at.

My guess right now is they’re hoping that Cole and Stras take enough attention to keep Wheeler’s price reasonable (similar or less to what they were offering Corbin last year). Their backup plans are Ryu and Bumgarner who may also be expensive. With Kluber, Ray or maybe Carlos Martinez the guys they look at in a trade when Cashman’s process leaves them in the cold in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by JSG View Post
    I'm just as interested to see if the Yankees can revamp their strength and conditioning staff and programs given the huge number of injuries affecting their players.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Jon Gray? I don’t know, I guess it’s possible but he’s not the statcast darling they usually look at.

My guess right now is they’re hoping that Cole and Stras take enough attention to keep Wheeler’s price reasonable (similar or less to what they were offering Corbin last year). Their backup plans are Ryu and Bumgarner who may also be expensive. With Kluber, Ray or maybe Carlos Martinez the guys they look at in a trade when Cashman’s process leaves them in the cold in free agency.
    Cashman will do his usual bottom feeding on pitching by signing some old pitcher from the scrap heap.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I can’t imagine he’d want to come back.
    lol ... Sorry Jon not Sunny

Thread Information