+ Reply to Thread
Page 196 of 366 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 206 246 296 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 9135

Re: Official 2019-20 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Heyman says Yanks, Brewers still talking Hader. I wonder who is the deal breaker?
    I am going to guess the Brewers are interested in Andujar to replace Moose and some of the lost production in their lineup. They probably also asked for Garcia, Cashman said no, and they are considering alternatives. The Yanks could throw in a couple of RPs with potential perhaps, 4 for 1- Hader. If I am right, this may wait on ST until Andujar shows his throwing arm.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    I am going to guess the Brewers are interested in Andujar to replace Moose and some of the lost production in their lineup. They probably also asked for Garcia, Cashman said no, and they are considering alternatives. The Yanks could throw in a couple of RPs with potential perhaps, 4 for 1- Hader. If I am right, this may wait on ST until Andujar shows his throwing arm.
    andujar is NOT the deal breaker lol . it is garcia , the yanks dont even know what to do with andujar right now. i wouldnt give up garcia either

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    What a future this young man has !! So happy we get to watch him grow for the next few years - and hopefully longer.
    If he can continue to stay healthy I totally agree. Thank you Chicago.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Ken711 View Post
    If he can continue to stay healthy I totally agree. Thank you Chicago.
    cubs ended their 100 year plus curse with that trade , i dont think they regret it

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    andujar is NOT the deal breaker lol . it is garcia , the yanks dont even know what to do with andujar right now. i wouldnt give up garcia either
    Andujar+Garcia for Hader would be a great deal for both sides.
    Garcia is expected by many to wind up in the bullpen, as you could count on one hand the number of 5'9" starters who've been successful in the big leagues over the past fifty years. Hader is a monster. Having him would be like having another Chapman. Andujar has no position on the Yankees. Get it done, Cash!

cubs ended their 100 year plus curse with that trade , i dont think they regret it
    It was beneficial to both teams of course.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by keo View Post
    Garcia is expected by many to wind up in the bullpen, as you could count on one hand the number of 5'9" starters who've been successful in the big leagues over the past fifty years. Hader is a monster. Having him would be like having another Chapman. Andujar has no position on the Yankees. Get it done, Cash!
    i still dont know if i would give up garcia though . if he is intended for the bullpen then why trade for hader? why not wait and see with garcia?

i still dont know if i would give up garcia though . if he is intended for the bullpen then why trade for hader? why not wait and see with garcia?
    You'd be trading a young unknown for a proven still-young known. No-brainer.

Released Outright

You'd be trading a young unknown for a proven still-young known. No-brainer.
    we dont know how he would do in the AL

Hader is a proven major leaguer. Garcia has yet to prove himself at AAA.
    No brainer.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

I would take Hader in a heartbeat over Garcia.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Id give them one or the other but not both. Id give up Garcia but not much with him. Probably need a decent 2nd piece though to pull it off.

Hader is a no doubter move. You keep him and your bullpen has gone from great to hide the wife and kids, or if we are in need of something big(or prospect haul) at the deadline what a trade piece to have. Remember what we got for Chapman? Hader brings so many options to the table.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Id give them one or the other but not both. Id give up Garcia but not much with him. Probably need a decent 2nd piece though to pull it off.
    not gonna get hader for either one alone . especially for andujar alone

About that silly@$$ hypothetical Brewers deal:

why wouldnt we just convert Severino to the bullpen and keep him AND Torres if we need a fireman like Hader so badly?

NYYF Legend

We also should consider that Hader could be a potential replacement for Britton, Ottovino, Kahnle (all signed thru 2021) and even Chapman (signed thru 2022), since he's under control through the 2023 season.

We have no idea what Andujar and Garcia will be doing from now thru 2023.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar

I think plans to sign Cole started about two winters ago when they lost him for a second time and resulted in passing on Corbin, Harper and Machado last winter. If I'm right, then Hal and Cashman both deserve credit for making it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    I agree!!
    Check please.

not gonna get hader for either one alone . especially for andujar alone
    Didn't say it would be. I think Garcia plus some more complementary pieces (not Andujar) is a strong offer and if not enough, walk away. Not many teams are going to offer a prospect as good as Garcia especially one that's essentially ML ready and fills a need for them.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Didn't say it would be. I think Garcia plus some more complementary pieces (not Andujar) is a strong offer and if not enough, walk away. Not many teams are going to offer a prospect as good as Garcia especially one that's essentially ML ready and fills a need for them.
    would you do Garcia, Frazier and Loaisiga ?

(I would-easily)
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    70s had great homegrown talent like Chambliss, Nettles, Randolph, Rivers, Dent, Piniella, Figueroa, Lyle, Tidrow, Hunter, Jackson, Gossage, and most of the rest of the team.
    Wait, is this a joke?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by Krall View Post
    Aren't mostly all rich people cheap?
    Even if you're going to try to generalize about "rich people," I think you would have to split them into two completely separate categories, those who were born into wealth and those who were not. I wouldn't say that "mostly all" people who were born as rich as Hal are "cheap" or otherwise careful with their money.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Released Outright

would you do Garcia, Frazier and Loaisiga ?

(I would-easily)
    i would too but it will take more than that to get it done

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Wait, is this a joke?
    Only if you see the humor. But know that I can recite the particulars of every deal involved.

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Only if you see the humor. But know that I can recite the particulars of every deal involved.
    I remember listening to John Sterling on his WMCA talk show when the Chambliss deal went down. Teams didn't seem to carry as many pitchers in those days, so the fact that they traded nearly half their pitching staff for Chambliss and a couple of Indian arms nearly made his head explode. I think he used the word "unfathomable" in his critique.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Addicted Member

Hader is a proven major leaguer. Garcia has yet to prove himself at AAA.
    No brainer.
    Yes, that was a shaky performance Garcia gave at Scranton.

Thread Information