+ Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 313 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 207 247 297 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 7824

Re: Official 2019-20 Offseason / Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    We also should consider that Hader could be a potential replacement for Britton, Ottovino, Kahnle (all signed thru 2021) and even Chapman (signed thru 2022), since he's under control through the 2023 season.

We have no idea what Andujar and Garcia will be doing from now thru 2023.
    Good points. Cashman needs to start preparing for some bullpen changes if not this offseason then next.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by keo View Post
    Andujar+Garcia for Hader would be a great deal for both sides.
    Garcia is expected by many to wind up in the bullpen, as you could count on one hand the number of 5'9" starters who've been successful in the big leagues over the past fifty years. Hader is a monster. Having him would be like having another Chapman. Andujar has no position on the Yankees. Get it done, Cash!
    I agree with all of this.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

How about Will Myers for GCS? Nothing to do with talent but lessen the $ blues...Yes I'm aware GCS has a No Trade but SD isn't to far from LA...

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    How about Will Myers for GCS? Nothing to do with talent but lessen the $ blues...Yes I'm aware GCS has a No Trade but SD isn't to far from LA...
    If we're gonna dream.....Stanton for Hosmer would make more sense for both sides. Stanton would be much better off as a first baseman.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by keo View Post
    If we're gonna dream.....Stanton for Hosmer would make more sense for both sides. Stanton would be much better off as a first baseman.
    Agreed but looking for the contract dump. Myers would be harder for them to move.

Wow, I wouldn't do either of the recent proposed moves.

Andujar has similar surplus value as Harder, particularly with Hader as a Super Two. I definitely wouldn't add Garcia to that deal.

I also maintain some optimism on Giancarlo. It wouldn't be at all surprising to me for him to finish top 5 in the MVP vote next year (he could also, admittedly, have another injury plagued year). I think he is roughly worth his current contract, adjusting for what the Marlins are paying (meaning I would consider trading him for something of marginal value but not something of negative value)

Hader, not Harder (grrr at spell check).

I would probably be willing to add something to Andujar to get Hader, just not Deivi Garcia. Hader would definitely add more value to us next year than Andujar.

I don't know if Andujar still accrues service time if we send him down. If not, I would love to send him down, delay his free agency, and have him develop defensively.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Strategerie View Post
    Hader, not Harder (grrr at spell check).

I would probably be willing to add something to Andujar to get Hader, just not Deivi Garcia. Hader would definitely add more value to us next year than Andujar.

I don't know if Andujar still accrues service time if we send him down. If not, I would love to send him down, delay his free agency, and have him develop defensively.
    if he hasnt figured out how to be better defensively by now , i doubt he ever will

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    would you do Garcia, Frazier and Loaisiga ?

(I would-easily)
    Hmmm, yea maybe it’s close though. That’s a lot.

Is there a scenario where we can unload Stanton and get Arenado?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    if he hasnt figured out how to be better defensively by now , i doubt he ever will
    Might involve trying him at different positions, although his positional value would be much lower in any other plausible position (corner OF, 1b). Doubt he could play second but, if so, maybe that would help. I share your pessimism on his ability to play a solid 3b. There is a chance though (think about how Wade Boggs improved at 3b through his career)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Andujar has been playing 3B professionally for 8 years and he is terrible at it. He’s a DH, but unfortunately we need to leave that spot open to “rest” players.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategerie View Post
    Might involve trying him at different positions, although his positional value would be much lower in any other plausible position (corner OF, 1b). Doubt he could play second but, if so, maybe that would help. I share your pessimism on his ability to play a solid 3b. There is a chance though (think about how Wade Boggs improved at 3b through his career)
    Rather see him get some reps at first base in spring training.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Ken711 View Post
    Rather see him get some reps at first base in spring training.
    that just might happen

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Yanks send Giancarlo Stanton, $20M, & JA Haap to the Dodgers for Joc Pederson & Tony Gonsolin

Rockies send Nolan Arenado & $30M to the Yanks for Miguel Andujar, Domingo German, Clint Frazier & Devei Garcia
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Nope. Moving Stanton isn’t going to happen by itself, add getting Arenado and it’s pure fantasy. Would be great but there’s just no realistic way.

NYYF Legend

Stanton will have to be paid to waive his No trade as well as paying some of his contract. Un less you take back a bad deal in return. You still need to get him to agree/pay to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Stanton will have to be paid to waive his No trade as well as paying some of his contract. Un less you take back a bad deal in return. You still need to get him to agree/pay to do it.
    Stanton is here for the long haul. I don’t see a realistic scenario he’d waive his NTC and if there was I don’t think there’s a scenario where the Yankees wouldn’t have to really eat it to get rid of him. He’s already settled in NY and with Cole we have a good shot at a championship and offer him the option to DH occasionally. I guess he might be open to going to a similar situation out West where he wouldn’t get booed. But the Dodgers probably have no interest due to his durability concerns (he won’t be an OF late in this deal), remember they were largely out after his MVP season. The Angels aren’t good enough to entice him and have so much tied up in Trout and Rendon to add a 3rd position player to the mix.

Shifting topics. Kluber is available. Who says no to this?

Yankees get
    Kluber

Indians get
    Happ + 5M
    Frazier
    Abreu
    Cessa

Probably the Indians given the high price they’ve held before but feels pretty fair to me given questions around Kluber.

All Aboard the Cole Train!! Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post

Yankees get
    Kluber

Indians get
    Happ + 5M
    Frazier
    Abreu
    Cessa

Probably the Indians given the high price they’ve held before but feels pretty fair to me given questions around Kluber.
    I woudn't gamble on Kluber - his age and contract are high-risk and no one knows what type of pitcher he'll be moving forward. He was getting hit hard BEFORE his injury last year.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Yankees get
    Kluber

Indians get
    Happ + 5M
    Frazier
    Abreu
    Cessa

Not bad But it's just me. I think Abreu could be special. Kluber will be 34 this season as well. If you want it all this season, Yes a fair trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    I woudn't gamble on Kluber - his age and contract are high-risk and no one knows what type of pitcher he'll be moving forward. He was getting hit hard BEFORE his injury last year.
    Felt like a reasonable risk given we wouldn’t be relying on him to be an ace. His cutter and curve are both still really good. And the contract is mostly mitigated by Happ and he’s got another team option after this one. But then I guess the question becomes luxury tax as this would put us right up against it the top level pending any Ellsbury savings.

NYYF Cy Young

Im greedy, but i really want Ryu to round out the rotation. Give him 3-4 years at 85 million and make baseball cry.
    Don't have a clue

Released Outright

Yankees get
    Kluber

Indians get
    Happ + 5M
    Frazier
    Abreu
    Cessa

that deal will never happen . the indians want to lose payroll not get it back in happ. and on top of that the indians would want king or garcia for kluber . indians wouldnt be getting anything of value in that trade other than abreu and he is losing value. and why would the yanks take on kluber's contract when they are trying to lose happ's contract to give them more flexibilty in the payroll?

Kluber to Rangers

Thread Information