+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 60 61 62 63
Results 1,551 to 1,558 of 1558
    NYYF Legend

Re: The 2019 MLB Postseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AussieYank View Post
    Of course it wasn’t the same without the Yankees in the WS, but I just wanted to see big-headed Houston lose! And they did
    Considering how rare it is to see the Yankees in the WS these days I don't have a problem rooting for one of the WS teams. I mean right now the Yankees have played in the WS just once in the last 16 seasons.

NYYF Legend

Are we really being scolded for having a rooting interest in the World Series?

So why bother watching then? I rooted for the Nationals because they were due. Same with the Astros 2 years ago, the Cubs prior to that, the Royals the year before and the Giants back in 2010. This has been a great decade for long suffering fans of those cities.

I am a football Giants fans. When they are not in the Super Bowl I absolutely have a rooting interest in the outcome. This is just plain silly.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I'd like to address this rooting for a team in the World Series crap I've been seeing the last couple of pages of this thread.

Crap is my word. You can root how you want.

I never root for a team in the World Series. Any World Series that does not include the Yankees is dead to me. The season is over when the Yankees complete their last game.

There was no World Series this year. Hopefully next year will be different.
    Are you serious? I watched this and pretty much every Series and this was a great one. We're all die-hard Yankees fans here (I think) but I'm not gonna refuse to watch just because the Yanks are out. I was rooting hard for the Nats just because revenge. I admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by JRRandall View Post
    Are you serious? I watched this and pretty much every Series and this was a great one. We're all die-hard Yankees fans here (I think) but I'm not gonna refuse to watch just because the Yanks are out. I was rooting hard for the Nats just because revenge. I admit it.
    Really, if you are a baseball fan, I can not see how you not watch the WS, regardless of who your team is. Besides, it was fun rooting for the Nationals.
    More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JRRandall View Post
    So was I. But it was nice rooting for the underdog. Always watch the series. How can you follow the season as closely as we do and not want to watch the series?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Are we really being scolded for having a rooting interest in the World Series?

So why bother watching then? I rooted for the Nationals because they were due. Same with the Astros 2 years ago, the Cubs prior to that, the Royals the year before and the Giants back in 2010. This has been a great decade for long suffering fans of those cities.

I am a football Giants fans. When they are not in the Super Bowl I absolutely have a rooting interest in the outcome. This is just plain silly.
    2016 was tough for me to pick a team because Cleveland had also not won the series in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    2016 was tough for me to pick a team because Cleveland had also not won the series in my lifetime.
    For me, it was the Cubs because it had been even longer than the Indians.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post
    For me, it was the Cubs because it had been even longer than the Indians.
    I went for the Cubs too but felt a little sorry for the Indians. Had they faced anyone else they would have been the team most people would have wanted to see win.

Thread Information