+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 39 40 41 42
Results 1,026 to 1,045 of 1045

Re: 2019 Postseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Im going to just say it without proof, but Stanton was on PEDs in 2017. No question in my mind. He is now breaking down. 8 more years of a higher priced Ellsbury.
    Interesting, but think he's had more than one good year. BTW, big guys like him tend to get injured more frequently, guess you have opinions about Judge as well?

Pretty frustrating. I wonder if the patella injury had an effect on this.
    Supports: smart spending, roster flexibility and depth. Does not support: reckless spending and extreme prospect hugging.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the quad injury is related to his knee injury. He’s running awkwardly and probably favoring the knee, and anytime you favor something you risk injury elsewhere. He needs to show up 100% healthy in ST.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by secret_face View Post
    Pretty frustrating. I wonder if the patella injury had an effect on this.
    Read on Twitter that this is a possibility from over compensating. No idea if it’s true but it seems plausible.

Edit: basically what Bub just said
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    i have to lol at saying he is like J.E. the guy had issues this year and needs a full Spring Training.Plus he did this in his 1st AB which was not a Homer. If he was really badly hurt they would remove him off the roster and add Voit or Wade or someone. They most likely think it is a good night to give him off with it and then off tomorrow and play tuesday.

Like i said if he was really hurt they would replace him now but the people jumping ship is insane the guy had 2 hits and a homer last night plus came back working hard. He neds a ful ST then judge him not now.
    Amazing how much hate Stanton gets. He stayed in the game after he hurt himself and had 2 hits and a HR. The guy is a gamer.

NYYF Legend

Way the season has been going, it's a wonder we've only had this one injury so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Amazing how much hate Stanton gets. He stayed in the game after he hurt himself and had 2 hits and a HR. The guy is a gamer.
    Played through hamstring(?) issue in 2018, too. The injuries are frustrating, but I don't view him as a guy who's looking to ride the bench and collect checks.
    Supports: smart spending, roster flexibility and depth. Does not support: reckless spending and extreme prospect hugging.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Way the season has been going, it's a wonder we've only had this one injury so far.
    With the way the season's gone, you half expect a satellite to fall out of orbit and crash into the Yankee dugout.
    Last edited by ojo; Today at 06:47 PM.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Smashed View Post
    Interesting, but think he's had more than one good year. BTW, big guys like him tend to get injured more frequently, guess you have opinions about Judge as well?
    I think Judge will break down in a few years too. I am against giving him a big contract past his age 34-35 season. And that is because we now have Stanton who is the more expensive, less talented, older version of Judge.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar

They played all year without him. Won over 100 games without him.
    Dassit. #next man up and all that. Hopefully Stanton can come back and rage. He was just starting to "show signs", to crimp from the Marv Albert playbook.

Played through hamstring(?) issue in 2018, too. The injuries are frustrating, but I don't view him as a guy who's looking to ride the bench and collect checks.
    Definitely not Ellsbury in that way. He is just getting injured way too much and has too many years left and too much money left on that contract to be breaking down already.

Who knows? Maybe Stanton is poised to have his gimpy Kirk Gibson or Paul O'Neill postseason moment.

Who knows? Maybe Stanton is poised to have his gimpy Kirk Gibson or Paul O'Neill postseason moment.
    I would be happy if that was the case.

NYYF Legend

He basically did last night, but because we didn't know about it at the time it doesn't count.

To get credit he has to do it again.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post

I could see if he got hurt in the shower or Fell walking but the last time he got hurt was him busting his butt around 3rd and going back in to 3rd hustling.

Now if he were to come to ST and not be ready to go that would be different but these guys had to rush it faster most likely since it was the end of the season so less time for rehab.

But for people to say he was on Roids in 2017 is just out there. And again if he really pulled something bad last night this morning Voit or Wade would be here and if he is needed as a PH for Maybin he can PH since he hit the homer last night after he did it last night.

I wish he was in the lineup but with Verlander and his numbers vs Verlander if he was going to miss a game this is it and if he is not able to play come Tuesday then i would put Wade or Voit right on the roaster and not carry him just so he can be in the WS if we get there.

Addicted Member

Does anyone know whether he has his own private trainer?

So much fun to read couch potatoes on here posting how Stanton was on juice in 2017 lol. You sound like the typical untrained person that looks at a guy with a decent build and says “oh, I would look like that if I took steroids too”. Here’s a fast fact, no you wouldn’t. He’ll be back, calm yourselves.

Boone said on the radio pre-game they think Stanton will be available tonight as a pinch hitter if the need arises.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Aye. It was the hamstring. That was during the Shane Robinson era where Stanton could only DH. Helped carry the team to the playoffs.

NYYF Legend

Im going to just say it without proof, but Stanton was on PEDs in 2017. No question in my mind. He is now breaking down. 8 more years of a higher priced Ellsbury.
    Sure anything is possible and after the 90s and 00s nothing would surprise me. But you could say the same unfounded speculation about 4 or 5 dozen players. Heck you could say it about any player. I mean FP Santanjalo was on of the guys popped in the past.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Thread Information