+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Playoff presale

Re: Playoff presale

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan82 View Post
    People who did this made a mistake mistake. Prices on stubhub in September and what the yankees charged for tickets probably were the same because nobody is buying playoff tickets on Stubhub a month it advance.Some people make the mistake of just buying whatever is available on Ticketmaster and think they're going to make a profit without knowing the market at all. 15 years ago you could do this because

1)The ticket prices directly from the yankees were significantly cheaper than you could get them for now.

2)the prices on the secondary market were a lot higher than the prices on the secondary market now. (actual prices sold for not meaningless asking prices in septemeber)

So these people think they can just flip the tickets for a huge profit (since that used to be the case) but have no idea what they're doing and end up dumping the ticket for losses, often big losses.

Sellers just list high prices because they're in no rush to sell and it costs them nothing to do so.And then the game approaches and prices go down. Tomorrow they will absolutely tank.People who bought tickets for that game purely to sell for profit are going to take an absolute bath. Even for Boston last year, game three wasn't that expensive on stubhub compared to Yankees ticketmaster prices and game four absolutely tanked after they got slaughtered in game 3.
    yes, 100% - there is zero advantage to buying in presale. The yankees have taken away fans' opportunity to make a profit. You are better off buying on stubhub yourself. and for those who bought WS tix, the Yankees & TM will sit on that interest for a couple of months before reimbursing you.

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    yes, 100% - and for those who bought WS tix, the Yankees & TM will sit on that interest for a couple of months before reimbursing you.
    TM actually refunds fairly quickly. I do not think it has ever been more than 2-3 weeks, and sometimes faster.

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    TM actually refunds fairly quickly. I do not think it has ever been more than 2-3 weeks, and sometimes faster.
    funny story
    when i was a broke college kid i had 2 sets of playoff tickets to return for unplayed games
    this was almost 20 years ago
    i had bought them at the stadium and paid with a credit card
    back then you had to bring them back to the stadium to get a refund (or mail them in which i didn't trust)
    i bring them back and they tell me it will take a few weeks to refund the money which is a joke
    i argue with them it should be instant but they tell me that's their policy
    2 months go by and i don't have my refund
    i call them up they look into it and refund the money which takes a few days to hit the credit card account
    a month or so go by and I have 2 envelopes from the yankees in the mail each with a refund check - one for each set of tickets.i cash the checks.
    another month goes by and i have 1 envelope from the yankees.i think it's going to be a letter asking for the money back, but its one check this time for the combined amounts of the 2 sets of tickets.
    this went on for another 5-6 months of me getting refund checks before it finally stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan82 View Post
    funny story
    when i was a broke college kid i had 2 sets of playoff tickets to return for unplayed games
    this was almost 20 years ago
    i had bought them at the stadium and paid with a credit card
    back then you had to bring them back to the stadium to get a refund (or mail them in which i didn't trust)
    i bring them back and they tell me it will take a few weeks to refund the money which is a joke
    i argue with them it should be instant but they tell me that's their policy
    2 months go by and i don't have my refund
    i call them up they look into it and refund the money which takes a few days to hit the credit card account
    a month or so go by and I have 2 envelopes from the yankees in the mail each with a refund check - one for each set of tickets.i cash the checks.
    another month goes by and i have 1 envelope from the yankees.i think it's going to be a letter asking for the money back, but its one check this time for the combined amounts of the 2 sets of tickets.
    this went on for another 5-6 months of me getting refund checks before it finally stopped.
    5-6 months of getting refund checks for the same two orders?? so how much in total? thats pretty cool.
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    5-6 months of getting refund checks for the same two orders?? so how much in total? thats pretty cool.
    i think around 300 each time
    i was kind of disappointed when they stopped coming haha

Thread Information