+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 180

Thread: Playoff presale

  1. #76

    Re: Playoff presale

    Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    It will be very interesting to see how much inventory they have for the pre-sale & how quickly it sells out.
    Now I have to figure out which individual games it will be worth buying. Who knows what type of profit you will get with those.

    Don't forget, you're allowed to buy up to eight seats per game.... There will be plenty. And that's just for the plan holders.... There will be the public sale, when everything else will get picked clean.



    Dynamic pricing + resale fees takes all profit off the table. The risk outweighs the reward, for the most part. Are you stating that you are buying for resale?

  2. #77
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Playoff presale

    Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Don't forget, you're allowed to buy up to eight seats per game.... There will be plenty. And that's just for the plan holders.... There will be the public sale, when everything else will get picked clean.



    Dynamic pricing + resale fees takes all profit off the table. The risk outweighs the reward, for the most part. Are you stating that you are buying for resale?
    Seats for me to use & then resell my strip tickets to make a profit.
    Potentially you may be able to make a profit on the presale tix for like a game 7 scenario vs Houston...but who's to say what teams will play who in October & who will have home field - a lot of variables. Last year, when the yankees got whipped so bad by the Sox in Game 1 of ALDS, the value plummeted for Game 2.

  3. #78

    Re: Playoff presale

    Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    I was solicited by my rep to buy more, but for me, the day of the week is the driving factor for the game(s) I want to attend to. I am not 25 anymore, and don't care to get home late when I need to be at work the next day. Many of my friends now feel the same way.


    The invoiced strips are always a carrot to dangle.
    I just emailed my rep to see if I could get full strips with a bigger plan and sheís basically just quoting the Chase for 28 packages. It does appear that the Yankees are simply holding back more inventory and will have higher pricing for single game tickets, much like the strategy the Rangers and Knicks use.

  4. #79

    Re: Playoff presale

    Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    Seats for me to use & then resell my strip tickets to make a profit.
    Potentially you may be able to make a profit on the presale tix for like a game 7 scenario vs Houston...but who's to say what teams will play who in October & who will have home field - a lot of variables. Last year, when the yankees got whipped so bad by the Sox in Game 1 of ALDS, the value plummeted for Game 2.
    I think the resale value of the ALDS is going to be weak. ALCS may be higher, and of course World Series will be sky high.

  5. #80

    Re: Playoff presale

    Have a 20 game plan and had my time at 1pm on Thursday. Didn't realize I could get in early and got Section 230. Got section 229 last year.

  6. #81
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: Playoff presale

    Next presale is tomorrow. I think the earliest time slot is 10. Ends on Thursday at 10pm

    Time to see the impact of dynamic pricing. First two rounds will be available but no World series games.

  7. #82

    Re: Playoff presale

    I'm on 20 game plan #1 (we have 2 invoiced and earlier presale time this year) and my time is 11am. Still with the dynamic pricing, I'll be surprised if I make a purchase...

  8. #83

    Re: Playoff presale

    Quote Originally Posted by gullo317 View Post
    I'm on 20 game plan #1 (we have 2 invoiced and earlier presale time this year) and my time is 11am. Still with the dynamic pricing, I'll be surprised if I make a purchase...

    11 am for me. Friday plan.

  9. #84

    Re: Playoff presale

    Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    11 am for me. Friday plan.
    Same, Iím on a Saturday plan. I honestly think resale prices will crater for the ALDS so Iím not keen to spend too much if dynamic pricing goes crazy

  10. #85
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Playoff presale

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    Same, Iím on a Saturday plan. I honestly think resale prices will crater for the ALDS so Iím not keen to spend too much if dynamic pricing goes crazy
    agreed
    I may pick up 2 seats for game 2 of ALDS & sell to friend for face/what I pay. Other than that, I'm only going to focus on a couple of ALCS games.

  11. #86

    Re: Playoff presale

    If anyone is in at 10am and wants to drop us a hint as to which (if any) games are still fairly priced for the 11am folks that would be greatly appreciated. Any shot to get a good price will be gone by 11:10 I assume (or maybe it's 10:10, but I hope not).

  12. #87
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Playoff presale

    It must be 10am for seniority because my friend is in there now. And he only has a Friday bleacher package. But he's had it for a long time.
    He just texted me & said he is on the ticketmaster waiting line - 116 people ahead of him.

  13. #88
    Forum Regular
    Fiftysixthst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: Playoff presale

    10:00:18 - No tickets left for ALDS #2 or ALCS #1.

  14. #89

    Re: Playoff presale

    Quote Originally Posted by gullo317 View Post
    If anyone is in at 10am and wants to drop us a hint as to which (if any) games are still fairly priced for the 11am folks that would be greatly appreciated. Any shot to get a good price will be gone by 11:10 I assume (or maybe it's 10:10, but I hope not).
    Yes please!

  15. #90
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    near Hilltop Park

    Re: Playoff presale

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftysixthst View Post
    10:00:18 - No tickets left for ALDS #2 or ALCS #1.

    That's the message I got also. But that can't possibly be true, can it?!

  16. #91

    Re: Playoff presale

    every purchase attempt errors out

  17. #92

    Re: Playoff presale

    Quote Originally Posted by Yomiuri View Post
    That's the message I got also. But that can't possibly be true, can it?!
    Thereís no way thatís true. Theyíre either holding back tickets or thereís an error

  18. #93

    Re: Playoff presale

    ALDS Infield Grandstand priced at $126 now

  19. #94

    Re: Playoff presale

    ALCS game 7 (home game 4) infield grandstand up to $201 now

  20. #95
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA

    Re: Playoff presale

    This dynamic pricing is horrible!! On the seating map it shows me bleachers for $75 per seat i go to the next screen after choosing them and it jumps to $147 per seat, unreal price gauging at its finest! Don't even know how its legal to be honest to have $75 at once screen and the next the dynamic pricing sets it and unless you click the down arrow to see you exact purchase you can checkout and overpay drastically.

  21. #96

    Re: Playoff presale

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    ALDS Infield Grandstand priced at $126 now
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    ALCS game 7 (home game 4) infield grandstand up to $201 now
    Lovely

  22. #97
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    near Hilltop Park

    Re: Playoff presale

    Now I'm being told:

    "We apologize. We are unable to complete your request on this device.
    So that you may continue to shop, we recommend using a different device (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.)."


    WTF? I'm logged in, on the laptop that I always use. Please don't make me struggle through this process on my phone.

  23. #98

    Re: Playoff presale

    Need to be careful. Sometimes will show original price and when you pay price jumps dynamically.
    Happened to me last year.

  24. #99
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    near Hilltop Park

    Re: Playoff presale

    "Sorry, we could not process your request, please try again later. Error Code: 0002"

  25. #100
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA

    Re: Playoff presale

    Quote Originally Posted by JackFromBrick View Post
    Need to be careful. Sometimes will show original price and when you pay price jumps dynamically.
    Happened to me last year.

    Also happened to me as well so i was able to watch out for it this year and if it didn't happen to me previously it would have happened again this year. Its just UNREAL!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts